ES Question

dcreech1966

I'm new to cruising. Our 1st cruise is at the end of the month. From what I've been reading on the boards, the Early Saver has to be booked 5 months in advance. I'm also curious if I booked through an Early Saver. I used a TA because the Carnival rep that was assigned to head up my friends wedding cruise (the real reason for the cruise) wasn't very helpful and would take long time (up to 2 weeks) to return my phone calls to answer my questions. We booked through the TA on 09/30/11 and we sail on 04/22/12--but I'm being told that it isn't an ES. All of our friends who booked directly through Carnival (yes a few months earlier than us) recieved OBC for ES price drops. Is the booking 5 months in advance to be ES right? :confused:

How do you know if you booked ES? All I remember is it was a Summer and Spring Sale, or something like that.

An ES rate is a lower rate offered to people who book a cruise early.

If you booked the Spring into Summer sale then you do not have an ES booking.

:)

Den

Early saver has to be booked at least 5 months in advance for cruises 6+ days and 3 months in advance for cruises 5 days or less. Just because you book within these guidelines doesn't mean you're booked ES. Call your booking agent and ask, or look at your booking confirmation document, toward the end under "Terms" - if booked ES you'll see phrases like "non-refundable deposit" and "no name changes". ken

I'm new to cruising. Our 1st cruise is at the end of the month. From what I've been reading on the boards, the Early Saver has to be booked 5 months in advance. I'm also curious if I booked through an Early Saver. I used a TA because the Carnival rep that was assigned to head up my friends wedding cruise (the real reason for the cruise) wasn't very helpful and would take long time (up to 2 weeks) to return my phone calls to answer my questions. We booked through the TA on 09/30/11 and we sail on 04/22/12--but I'm being told that it isn't an ES. All of our friends who booked directly through Carnival (yes a few months earlier than us) recieved OBC for ES price drops. Is the booking 5 months in advance to be ES right? :confused:

When your friends booked direct with carnival the cheapest rates that you could pick your own cabin was Early Saver.

You booked within the ES period too.

Did you pick your own cabin with the TA? Did you get any OBC when you booked?

You may have booked a Guarantee where the cabin is picked for you or was only allowed to pick from a block of cabins.

TA,s buy blocks of cabins to sell for Carnival so even if you paid the same price as your friends it may not have been sold to you as ES.

If TA has said its not ES call again and ask what type of fare you paid for.I have read here that some TA,s dont want to pass on any ES further discounts to their customers because it reduces their commission by that discount amount?

Den

When your friends booked direct with carnival the cheapest rates that you could pick your own cabin was Early Saver.

You booked within the ES period too.

Did you pick your own cabin with the TA? Did you get any OBC when you booked?

You may have booked a Guarantee where the cabin is picked for you or was only allowed to pick from a block of cabins.

TA,s buy blocks of cabins to sell for Carnival so even if you paid the same price as your friends it may not have been sold to you as ES.

If TA has said its not ES call again and ask what type of fare you paid for.I have read here that some TA,s dont want to pass on any ES further discounts to their customers because it reduces their commission by that discount amount?

Den

I didn't even think about that. She booked a guarantee cabin for us. I did call Carnival and they told me I wasn't booked for ES. I also have been in contact with the TA several times, especially after I found out my friend got a $200 OBC and is in the exact same type of room. She told me that she called Carnival and they told her that the price drop would only be for a new booking. Oh well--I guess it's a learning experience for me. We'll have a wonderful vacay and I've gained some knowledge that would be useful for a future cruise.

Archived