B Ocean Hotel - Fort Lauderdale

lovevacadays

Anyone stay in this hotel and any thoughts? How close would this hotel be to the port?

We got the hotel in October on a Priceline bid. For the price we paid I was very happy with it. The hotel was modern and classy. The view is awesome; request a room on a higher floor.

The area behind the hotel is a little seedy, but not too bad. I never felt unsafe, even at night. Parking is ridiculous if you have a car, but it is right on the Sun Trolley and bus route, so it is easy to get to Las Olas and Galleria (if you don't want to walk).

There's a nice sushi restaurant in the hotel along with a cafe/bistro. There's also a great pizza place practically next door - Primanti Brothers I think. We especially loved being right across from the beach. The pool area was very nice, but will be too small for peak season.

We got the hotel in October on a Priceline bid. For the price we paid I was very happy with it. The hotel was modern and classy. The view is awesome; request a room on a higher floor.

The area behind the hotel is a little seedy, but not too bad. I never felt unsafe, even at night. Parking is ridiculous if you have a car, but it is right on the Sun Trolley and bus route, so it is easy to get to Las Olas and Galleria (if you don't want to walk).

There's a nice sushi restaurant in the hotel along with a cafe/bistro. There's also a great pizza place practically next door - Primanti Brothers I think. We especially loved being right across from the beach. The pool area was very nice, but will be too small for peak season.

The neighborhood does seem seedy because of the tattoo parlors and tshirt shops, but it is very safe. Other than the hotel restaurant, everything else in that area is very casual and beachy. The pool doesn't have a beach view like most of the hotels do in the main beach area (W, Hilton, Westin, Ritz Carlton, Marriott Courtyard, Marriott Beach Place, Sheraton, and Marriott Harbor Beach have oceanview pools)

It's about 3.5 miles from the port entrance. I prefer the beach area hotels 1-2 miles south of there for the neighborhood. The B Ocean is a short walk to Galleria Mall if it isn't beach weather though.

We stayed in the Marriott Beach Place Towers last time we were in Fort Lauderdale. We did really like the area. The hotel was nice. We will be back in Fort Lauderdale in 2013 for a cruise and plan on staying two days prior to the cruise. This time we aren't so concerned about the price of the hotel and want to do a really nice one. What would be your suggestions in this area?

We stayed in the Marriott Beach Place Towers last time we were in Fort Lauderdale. We did really like the area. The hotel was nice. We will be back in Fort Lauderdale in 2013 for a cruise and plan on staying two days prior to the cruise. This time we aren't so concerned about the price of the hotel and want to do a really nice one. What would be your suggestions in this area?

These are the nicest hotels:

• W Hotel (3 yrs old, young, high energy vibe, across from beach, 6 blocks north of Beach Place)
  • Marriott Harbor Beach (older but VERY nice hotel and beach grounds and fine modern seafood restaurant, about 1.2 miles south of Beach Place)
  • Ritz Carlton (a few yrs old, elegant, across from beach, next to Beach Place)
  • Lago Mar (older upscale hotel on beach, free parking, closest to port inlet, but too remote to walk to anything)
  • The Pillars (old recently renovated boutique hotel, 2 blocks from beach on intracoastal waterway, just a few blocks NW from BeachPlace, close to water taxi)
  • Atlantic Hotel (a few yrs old, across from beach, a bit further north than the others)

Do they have transportation. How close to beach and restruants

They do not provide transportation, but the Sunshine Trolley and county bus go right by the hotel. I think it is about a mile walk to the water taxi. The beach is right across the street. There are several casual places to eat right next to the hotel and a nice restaurant (SAIA) inside the hotel. For more options you could go a mile or so inland on Sunrise to Galleria Mall or a mile or two to the south on A1A to some nice hotel restaurants. Or take the trolley/bus to Las Olas for lots more options.

• 2 weeks later...
These are the nicest hotels:

• W Hotel (3 yrs old, young, high energy vibe, across from beach, 6 blocks north of Beach Place)
  • Marriott Harbor Beach (older but VERY nice hotel and beach grounds and fine modern seafood restaurant, about 1.2 miles south of Beach Place)
  • Ritz Carlton (a few yrs old, elegant, across from beach, next to Beach Place)
  • Lago Mar (older upscale hotel on beach, free parking, closest to port inlet, but too remote to walk to anything)
  • The Pillars (old recently renovated boutique hotel, 2 blocks from beach on intracoastal waterway, just a few blocks NW from BeachPlace, close to water taxi)
  • Atlantic Hotel (a few yrs old, across from beach, a bit further north than the others)

Thank you for the list. I'll check them out

Archived