Anyone been on the NCL Spirit recently?

hardingk

I was on the Spirit in February (9 day southern Caribbean). Despite rough seas and some crummy weather, we had a great cruise. Because we couldn't be lounging on deck (gail force winds), we spent a lot of time in the Galaxy of Stars lounge. It's an inside observation lounge (with huge windows) at the front of the ship. We hung out there so much during the cruise. This ship was originally built for the Asian market, so the decor is truly unique. Loved the specialty restaurants. I found the stateroom to be the smallest of any cruise I've been on, but we just dealt with it. We had a balcony cabin, so that helped. The electrical outlets are not 110, so that was a little bit of a challenge. There are lots of postings on that topic. We personally found the cruise director (Ricky) to be irritating, but there are many other posters who absolutely loved him (everyone has different experiences). The Captain was absolutley hysterical. I don't think he tries to be funny, but he really is. We loved hearing his daily announcements. I don't know what itinerary you are looking at, but the 9 day southern Caribbean was fantastic. We, unfortunately, hit freak weather. It happens. This was our first NCL cruise, and we've already booked another.

Carnival Celebration 05/00

Carnival Triumph 06/01

Star Princess 06/02

Golden Princess 12/04

Norwegian Spirit 02/05

Norwegian Star 01/06 :)

Archived