How do price drops work?

govgurl

Something I've been wondering, since I booked an Early Saver fare: How do price drops work? Do I need to be watching Carnival's site and then report to them when I see a price drop for my cabin category? Or will they automatically credit my account if they choose to drop the price? Trying to figure out how watchful I need to be in the coming months.

Something I've been wondering, since I booked an Early Saver fare: How do price drops work? Do I need to be watching Carnival's site and then report to them when I see a price drop for my cabin category? Or will they automatically credit my account if they choose to drop the price? Trying to figure out how watchful I need to be in the coming months.

You need to watch.....use this link

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#

If you find a price drop, submit the early saver price drop form, provided you booked direct through carnival. If you booked through a Travel Agent, you have to call them to submit the price drop form.

If you have not paid in full, the credit will lower the price you owe. If you have paid in full, the credit will become an OBC - On board creedit for your sail and sign account.

Safe travels, happy sailing !

Adding the link to the price protection form here:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Doesn't happen automatically, you have to ask.

Doesn't have to be Carnival site, you can reference a price from an online travel agent (Expedia, Travelocity, etc).

If you booked with a travel agent, they need to put in the request for you. Pretty painless. If you booked with Carnival, you call them direct.

I've already gotten $1200 in price drops for upcoming cruise in August !

They won't automatically credit your account.

This is the easiest way to check current prices http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

When you see a price drop for your cabin category, there is an online form you fill out and submit to Carnival. Then they will email you to let you know whether or not it was approved. It's a good idea to take a screen shot of the price when you see it go down, just in case they can't confirm the price you are trying to get. I've seen some posters say that Carnival won't honor a screen shot but this happened to me 2 years ago and they told me to email them the screen shot and they approved it.

I just got my first price drop today! Only $20pp but better than nothing!:D

Thanks everyone! Good info to have. I figured they probably wouldn't do it automatically (oh, we can wish and hope). I doubt we'll get much of a price drop (we're cruising over a major holiday), but you never know!

I saw a $60.00 price drop yesterday and submitted my form and then this morning, they're advertising "Summer Is On" sale and my price is down another $100.00 and yes, I submitted another form this morning. As long as the price continues to drop, continue to submit your forms.

Hi everyone! Just applied for my first price drop! Does anyone know how many times you can apply for price drops, in case there are any more?

Thanks!

No limits, get after it every time it drops! :D

Thanks for the replies! I will keep checking. I suppose the fact that only 8 of the 18 cabins on the Spa deck have been booked so far can be a good thing, because if they don't book them all, they might lower the price to entice bookings.

Archived