Tampa Hotel for overnight stay?

When we went out of Tampa in 2010, we stayed at the Marriott Waterfront, which is basically right near the pier. You can even see the cruise ships from the one side of the hotel. Only a short taxi ride to the pier from there, and surely convenient! Good price, and very comfortable room, most with balconies. Enjoy your cruise.

I've never been to POT before.

:confused: You say you haven't been to the port of Tampa before, yet you cruised on Legend back in December?(it's in your signature) :confused: Please explain.

As far a hotel suggestion, we used the park and cruise package at the Hilton Garden Inn in Brandon/Riverview last November. We liked that it was easy off and back on I-75 without having to drive in Tampa near the port which we find confusing. We stopped in Ocala for an eary dinner so we didn't need to leave the hotel once we arrived. There is a new Publix close by if you need to pick up anything before you leave for the port. We plan to stay there again when we cruise on Legend again this November.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at Rocky Point and were quite happy. They have a shuttle that takes you to/from the airport/port and within, I think, a six mile radius of the hotel (there's a grocery store right nearby). There's also a Bahama Breeze restaurant within walking distance that was great. The room/property was clean. The breakfast was good.

I've got a room at the Westin Harbour Island for our cruise comming up this weekend. Feel like I got a great price on PL (85 vs 149 rack). They have a free shuttle to the port, although it runs around 1230pm according to the desk. I'll let you know what I think of the hotel and rooms in two weeks.

I understand the hotel was purchased by Westin and is not up to their normal standards, due for an extensive remodel later this year.

I've never been to POT before. Driving from Ga. Can anyone suggest a good hotel to stay the night at before the cruise? Any and all info is very welcome. Thanks ahead of time for your input. :)

We used the Doubletree and were happy with that choice. Close to the port, free breakfast.....nice rooms......

We have booked the Holiday Inn at Rocky Point. They have a cruise package which includes the shuttle from the hotel to the port and back to either the hotel or the airport. I believe it also includes free parking for your car while you are on the cruise (we are flying so don't need that) You might want to check that out, it might be more economical than getting a hotel and paying to park your car at the port for the week. You can find the information right on the Holiday Inn website under packages or specials.

We also stayed at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point in Jan. and were very satisfied with the hotel. We were unable to use the hotel shuttle except from the airport due to it being full so we booked an outside shuttle service. The hotel was reasonable and was very clean and well kept.

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites in Ybor last year when we cruised from Tampa. It's very clean and the staff was excellent! They have a Stay and Cruise package for around $120 so you can stay the night before and they let you keep your car in their lot and provide you a free shuttle to and from the port. If you want to go earlier than the shuttle can get there then they will pay cab fare for you to and from port. The hotel is only a few miles away from the port and it was a 5-10 min ride since there was a lot of traffic going in and out of the port, but they drop you off right at the door. We had a large van with 10 people and the driver brought a Uhaul trailor for the luggage so we wouldn't be crowded. We will definately be staying here when we cruise in January! :D

Embassy Suites downtown I was looking at. we were going to do the suites at Chase as there were 6 adults and was a good rate for a 2 bedroom plus 2 more -- but now it is just two if us, so looking for the closest with sleep ad cruise w/ parking and EARLY shuttle or close where a cab would be 5 min away

Quality Inn Ybor sounds good going to try and reserve that. (I like getting to the port early )

for those of you that stayed at Holiday Inn Rocky Point, where do you go to buy pop, water, booze? Thanks

Take the free hotel shuttle anywhere withing a 3 mile radius. This would be your best bet.

There is also a little neighborhood market across the street in the Post Rocky Point Apt complex. I am not sure of thier hours or what liquor items that they sell.

Also, there is a wine store directly across the street from the port. It is Tampa Wine Design. They open at 11 am 7 days a week. They do not however, sell water or pop.

for those of you that stayed at Holiday Inn Rocky Point, where do you go to buy pop, water, booze? Thanks

There's a store nearby (less than a mile) from the Hampton & Holiday Inn (they're close to each other). I want to say it was a Walmart, but it might have been a Target. Regardless, we were able to get our soda and sunscreen there. They had your typical booze selection for a grocer.

There's a store nearby (less than a mile) from the Hampton & Holiday Inn (they're close to each other). I want to say it was a Walmart, but it might have been a Target. Regardless, we were able to get our soda and sunscreen there. They had your typical booze selection for a grocer.

The super Target and the super Walmart are right across the street from each other on Dale Mabry Hwy. There is also a SweetBay grocery and liquor store and a Walgreens that is a tad closer to the hotel too.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn too. They have a free shuttle service to a nearby mall so you can buy all your "goodies" there. We would stay there again if we sail from Tampa. There is a great restaurant right next door (walking distance) called the Bahama Breeze as well. Get there early though. It's a very popular spot. Good food, great atmosphere and reasonable prices.

The super Target and the super Walmart are right across the street from each other on Dale Mabry Hwy. There is also a SweetBay grocery and liquor store and a Walgreens that is a tad closer to the hotel too.

There! Listen to Hoosiercouple! They know their way around. :)

Archived