Yay for price drops!! But a few questions about early saver :(

Rainbowfalls

I got a price drop a few weeks back yay! and looked again today and whatta I know, I have another ready to be submitted. Very happy right now ^_^

However, I had a few questions I know they maybe silly but help is appreciated :)

If the price goes back up to say 199 or higher then goes back down to the price it is now 179 can I get another credit? or would it have to be lower then 179.

How do I get more obc if the price is at the lowest? Can I use the senior rate or another state or do I have to qualify for those in order to use them?

The sales are so confusing to me. Like the summer sale right now, it's at 239 with cash back. However it shows the highest amount of cash back is $50 for the cruise type I am taking. Which if I was to do 50 minus from the 239 I am at the same price of the ES, so how is this really a sale and how does it apply to the ES Drops? Since I have seen some people on here saying such sales have given them obc.

If the taxes drop is that an automatic obc or do I have to submit a early saver form for that or call?

I think that' all I have for now..lol, I am now becoming a fare watch junkie. hopefully there's some sort of group 12 step program for it. :p

Thank you!

Once they are adjusted to the lowest rate, your rate will not go back up if they post higher later. You could ask for another if the total posted rate drops to below whatever your latest adjusted rate is.

Once they are adjusted to the lowest rate, your rate will not go back up if they post higher later. You could ask for another if the total posted rate drops to below whatever your latest adjusted rate is.

:( darn! lol in my head I was already racking up the obc by doing that... was a nice dream while it lasted

Thank you for the information :)

I'll try to answer what I can based on what I've experienced and observed. Just be aware that you may get different answers from mine if someone has had a different experience.

I got a price drop a few weeks back yay! and looked again today and whatta I know, I have another ready to be submitted. Very happy right now ^_^

However, I had a few questions I know they maybe silly but help is appreciated :)

If the price goes back up to say 199 or higher then goes back down to the price it is now 179 can I get another credit? or would it have to be lower then 179.

It would have to be lower than your current cruise rate.

How do I get more obc if the price is at the lowest? Can I use the senior rate or another state or do I have to qualify for those in order to use them?

You can continue to get price drops up until 2 days prior to your cruise, but you have to qualify for it. Even if the ES rate disappears on the fareviewer for your cruise, you can still get a credit if the rates (Fun Saver, Fun Select, etc) for your category room drops below your current cruise rate. If you are not a senior or past guest, you would not qualify for those rates. You would also not qualify for a rate in another state.

The sales are so confusing to me. Like the summer sale right now, it's at 239 with cash back. However it shows the highest amount of cash back is $50 for the cruise type I am taking. Which if I was to do 50 minus from the 239 I am at the same price of the ES, so how is this really a sale and how does it apply to the ES Drops? Since I have seen some people on here saying such sales have given them obc.

For some people it does give a rate lower than there current ES rate. In their case, they could submit for the price drop, listing the sale name where it says "Name of Promotion" on the form. Like you, none of the sales that I have seen are lower than the rate I already have.

If the taxes drop is that an automatic obc or do I have to submit a early saver form for that or call? You do not get a price drop on taxes.

I think that' all I have for now..lol, I am now becoming a fare watch junkie. hopefully there's some sort of group 12 step program for it. :p Me too!

Thank you!

Gemynii.......What is your opinion on this.....(first time cruiser here)

I just looked at the Fare Viewer....we have an Early Saver Ocean View booked for 5/6/12 on the Conquest. We paid $1278 (before fees) and I just looked and on the FV it is showing $1038 for OV Senior Rate (before fees).....My husband is 55. My travel agent, who is a family friend, called Carnival to see about the price difference and they told her that the Sr. Rate is for an OV Guarantee....and we have OV Early Saver so we can't get the price drop.....I thought (and I can most definitely be wrong) that the only way you can get price drops is if you book ES.....but now they are telling us we CAN'T get the price drop BECAUSE we booked ES OV.....someone please explain to me....I just don't get it.....so basically you don't always get the best price by booking ES do you?

ETA: This was this morning....don't know if the rates have changed but I did print the screen showing that rate......

I just looked at the Fare Viewer....we have an Early Saver Ocean View booked for 5/6/12 on the Conquest. We paid $1278 (before fees) and I just looked and on the FV it is showing $1038 for OV Senior Rate (before fees).....My husband is 55. My travel agent, who is a family friend, called Carnival to see about the price difference and they told her that the Sr. Rate is for an OV Guarantee....and we have OV Early Saver so we can't get the price drop.....I thought (and I can most definitely be wrong) that the only way you can get price drops is if you book ES.....but now they are telling us we CAN'T get the price drop BECAUSE we booked ES OV.....someone please explain to me....I just don't get it.....so basically you don't always get the best price by booking ES do you?

ETA: This was this morning....don't know if the rates have changed but I did print the screen showing that rate......

Maybe try another person. My brother book past guest 6c ocean veiw. Ont eh fare viewer the over 55 went down a lot and because he was before final payment they adjusted his rate.

Op to get the Es reduction the fare must be lower than what you are currently paying and also a fare you qualify. if you qualify for the over 55 than yes if not no. same thing with state. but only one person in the room needs to qualify for the rate

I'm a first time cruiser as well. :p I've just asked a lot of questions and read tons of threads here on CC in the past 2 months.

As I said in my last post, the answers that I gave are based on my personal experiences with ES. Since we booked in February, we have received 3 drops on 1 room and 5 drops each on 2 other rooms. I was originally in an interior (got 2 credits) and ended up upgrading to OV (got 3 more credits). The other 2 rooms booked are also OV.

From what I have observed in posts from other CC members, if you are booked ES, you can submit for a price drop for any lower rate shown. It has to be a rate that you qualify for and it has to be for your category room. Personally, I have never submitted for a price drop that was anything other than a reduced ES rate. All other rates that I qualified for were higher than my ES rate.

Is your husband the one that booked the cruise? I'm not sure if that would determine whether or not you qualify for the senior rate.

Maybe someone who has experience with that will respond.

Did your friend/TA do the booking for you? If so, are you sure she booked it as Early Saver? If you book through a TA, Carnival will deal only with them and you would be unable to call and ask them directly. You might want to see if she will call again because sometimes you will get different answers from different people. If you booked it yourself, you could always submit the form and list "Over 55" where it says "Name of Promotion"... worst thing they can do is deny you.

ETA: This was this morning....don't know if the rates have changed but I did print the screen showing that rate......[/QUote]

Your TA friend doesn't sound well versed with CCL's ES program.

Your TA friend needs to submit the ES form, not call.

Like Larry the cable guy says, "gitter done".

Bill

Thanks y'all!!!

I wound up calling Carnival myself before I came back here and checked...even though I knew they wouldn't tell me a whole lot because I booked with a TA...but the rep did tell me that it sounded like I would be eligible and for my TA to go and directly fill out the form...just as y'all said!!!! So hopefully she will get to it in the morning...she is out of town visiting family but she is working while she is there, and I sent her an email tonight telling her to fill out the form.

Thanks so much for the help....If I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have been prompted to investigate further....

Not to split hairs, but it can be your category or a HIGHER category.

On my cruise, our category was sold out for a bit. The higher went cheaper,and we price matched to that no problem, we were not forced up upgrade.

Over time, we've moved from interior 4c to a 6a while the 4c was sold out, then while 6A was sold out, price matched to a 6D, chose to upgrade again and still have $300 OBC. We CHOSE to move rooms to an OV, but had the choice to take credit.

I booked ES almost 9 months ago. So far in the last 2 weeks I have received $470 in price reduction :). My final payment is due on April 17. After that any more price drops will give me OBCs. I picked my balcony room for 3 and that is what I put in when I check. I also watch that they have a check by pick your room and upgrade for the price drops. You can only submit a price drop for the same category to get the price reduction. For instance in my case, a balcony for 3 and of course, same ship, same date. I always put in the little comments, do not upgrade. If they did, I may wind up in a less desirable location. I am on the Empress Deck, midship and want to stay there. I know it is confusing. Hope you get a few price drops. Good luck! :D

The lower senior rate you mentioned was an OV Guarantee. ES rates are for a specific cabin. I've read that a lot of people run into this problem with not being able to price match to the pack and go rates for the same reason. I'd still have your TA submit the form just in case. Maybe the person on the phone was wrong about it being an OV guarantee. Hope you get the price drop.

Not to split hairs, but it can be your category or a HIGHER category.

On my cruise, our category was sold out for a bit. The higher went cheaper,and we price matched to that no problem, we were not forced up upgrade.

Over time, we've moved from interior 4c to a 6a while the 4c was sold out, then while 6A was sold out, price matched to a 6D, chose to upgrade again and still have $300 OBC. We CHOSE to move rooms to an OV, but had the choice to take credit.

Yep, that's true. You can price match to the same or higher category, just not to a lower category. Thanks for catching that and chiming in.

Thanks y'all!!!

I wound up calling Carnival myself before I came back here and checked...even though I knew they wouldn't tell me a whole lot because I booked with a TA...but the rep did tell me that it sounded like I would be eligible and for my TA to go and directly fill out the form...just as y'all said!!!! So hopefully she will get to it in the morning...she is out of town visiting family but she is working while she is there, and I sent her an email tonight telling her to fill out the form.

Thanks so much for the help....If I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have been prompted to investigate further....

Good luck... hope you get it. :)

Archived