Soda carry on or checked luggage

murphyarnold

When I first cruised with Carnival, I didn't know that it had to be in your carry on. We threw our drinks in a duffel bag and it arrived to our room ok. I no longer bring on soda because it is kind of a pain and we don't drink as much as we thought we would.

It is suppose to be carried on, however, I have personal experience and have read on here that it most likely will arrive to your room ok despite the rule if you have it in an piece of luggage. If you throw a luggage tag on a 12 pack and try to give it to a porter, they won't even take it that way though. I'm not condoning not following the rules, but it is not enforced either.

You must carry i on with you now. no soda in checked luggage

I have always checked mine, I have a small suitcase with my soft sided cooler a 12 pack of soda, 12 pack of water and 6 pack of fruit punch. It often gets inspected, but never confiscated.

Just cruised last week and we checked soda and water...it did go to the naughty room and arrived later than the rest of the luggage with a letter saying that they opened the suitcase to check the contents and all was well.

Greg

We put our sodas and water in our checked luggage and it has always arrived to our room without any problems.

I do wrap the 12 pack of soda in a trash bag before it goes in the suitcase in case something inside ruptures.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived