do kids get soda for free at dinner

murphyarnold

I have read a few times that children are not charged for soda at dinner, is this true???

Also, am I able to get lemonade or ice tea with dinner??

Thanks everyone!

No, soda is not free.

Yes, you can get lemonade and iced tea with dinner.

No, kids do not get free soda in the dining room. The bar waiter comes around and takes the drink orders for soda and they either charge you or ask to see your fountain card. Our kids have always had to show their fountain cards on the first night and after that the waiter remembered them and didn't have to show their card... but.. they always ask on the first night. You can get lemonade and tea in the dining room though.

My daughter and I usually get soda cards, but my son and husband don't. My daughter and I always order a soda at the beginning of the meal. On the rare occasion that my son has ordered a soda, they've never charged him. I'm not sure it it's been a mistake each time (thinking he has a card, too) or they just figure if two of us have a soda card, what does adding one more hurt. I've offered his sail & sign card before, and they always wave it off.

Really depends on the waiter... on the magic, one asked if my son had a soda card.. he did not... and we paid.

The next night, the waiter asked... we did not... he got him a sprite.. no charge.

Every other night, we asked for a sprite... and no one asked.

I have read a few times that children are not charged for soda at dinner, is this true???

Also, am I able to get lemonade or ice tea with dinner??

Thanks everyone!

this used to be a published perk that all kids got soda free at dinner.

they never officially have ever stated that perk is no longer offered.

the perk did disappear in print, yet was still there for the asking.

your success rate will depend having a waiter from the days this was not a dirty secret. the soda is fountain soda, not from the can.

Really depends on the waiter... on the magic, one asked if my son had a soda card.. he did not... and we paid.

The next night, the waiter asked... we did not... he got him a sprite.. no charge.

Every other night, we asked for a sprite... and no one asked.

Veruy unusual.

On our last Carnival cruise, our assistant waiter placed a glass of Coke in front of DW on the first night. She never asked for one.

And he did this every night of the cruise. We never knew why.

your success rate will depend having a waiter from the days this was not a dirty secret. the soda is fountain soda, not from the can.

Never seen a fountain on a carnival ship. Ours has always been poured from a can.

Never seen a fountain on a carnival ship. Ours has always been poured from a can.

Never been on a carnival ship, but at the bars when they serve a mixed drink requiring soda do they open a can and pour or do they use a handheld dispenser?

Never been on a carnival ship, but at the bars when they serve a mixed drink requiring soda do they open a can and pour or do they use a handheld dispenser?

All soda is from a can, no fountain soda.

Debbie

I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever actually been on a Carnival cruise????

ALL soda's are from a can........I seem to remember reading that maybe RCCL has fountain soda's but I've never seen one on any of the 15 Carnival ships that I've sailed on.

I don't know what you mean by a hand held dispenser other than a fountain, but to answer your question if you order a rum and coke they open a can of coke or pour it from a can that is already been opened.

If you order a coke and don't have a soda sticker you are given a glass with ice and a whole can of coke. If you have a soda sticker a glass of coke is poured for you and you don't get the whole can (and you can only order one at a time)

I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever actually been on a Carnival cruise????

ALL soda's are from a can........I seem to remember reading that maybe RCCL has fountain soda's but I've never seen one on any of the 15 Carnival ships that I've sailed on.

take a walk in the stantions in the mdr, and you'll see them. there is no bar in the mdr.

I don't know what you mean by a hand held dispenser other than a fountain, but to answer your question if you order a rum and coke they open a can of coke or pour it from a can that is already been opened.

If you order a coke and don't have a soda sticker you are given a glass with ice and a whole can of coke. If you have a soda sticker a glass of coke is poured for you and you don't get the whole can (and you can only order one at a time)

Got it, thanks.

I was differentiating a bar hand held soda dispenser from a traditional self serve fountain that you see in a fast food joint. Both are technically fountains, but some folks may miss the fact that the hand held is the same thing just because it's just something that folks generally don't think about. You have clarified it well.

take a walk in the stantions in the mdr, and you'll see them. there is no bar in the mdr.

When I order a soda from my waiter in the MDR, he either brings me a can of soda or the bar waiter brings me a can......either way a can is served to me, NOT a glass of soda.. and since I don't have a soda sticker, a charge slip is presented to me before the end of the meal...if there are fountain apparatus in the serving stations I'm guessing it's to mix pitchers of iced tea or perhaps juices,both of which come from liquid concentrates, but not soda's.

And just because there is no bar in the MDR, doesn't mean that I don't get a Martini served to me every evening.

I wonder what it is in their business model that allows them to do this more economically than fountains. Not a criticism at all, just not something I would have expected so I wonder how they get it to work financially. Perhaps as a result of CCLs size they were able to negotiate a price with their vendors that makes the cans economical when mixed with the lower equipments costs associated with them (i.e. no fountain or lines) as well as the ability to offer a greater variety.

Archived