do kids get soda for free at dinner

murphyarnold

I wonder what it is in their business model that allows them to do this more economically than fountains. Not a criticism at all, just not something I would have expected so I wonder how they get it to work financially. Perhaps as a result of CCLs size they were able to negotiate a price with their vendors that makes the cans economical when mixed with the lower equipments costs associated with them (i.e. no fountain or lines) as well as the ability to offer a greater variety.

Maybe more about convenience and recycling? Not having to have someone change out things or run hoses or clean nozzles?

When I order a soda from my waiter in the MDR, he either brings me a can of soda or the bar waiter brings me a can......either way a can is served to me, NOT a glass of soda.. and since I don't have a soda sticker, a charge slip is presented to me before the end of the meal...if there are fountain apparatus in the serving stations I'm guessing it's to mix pitchers of iced tea or perhaps juices,both of which come from liquid concentrates, but not soda's.

And just because there is no bar in the MDR, doesn't mean that I don't get a Martini served to me every evening.

I have gotten a glass of soda before and not a can. While not ALL CCL ships have fountain soda, as the matter of fact, most don't, there are a limited few that do.

What bar do they use for the Main dining room?

Or dose the dining room have their own bar?

The bartenders just take your order and go to the closest bar, I think the atrium bar? I don't there is one in the galley.

Adult non drinker here (and no not the kind that plugs thier noses or hands out literature at dinner) :) I am wondering if I have a soda card, if it they will give me a glass of soda without ice? (i actually prefer my soda room temp, but i know that can't always be facilitated).

Adult non drinker here (and no not the kind that plugs thier noses or hands out literature at dinner) :) I am wondering if I have a soda card, if it they will give me a glass of soda without ice? (i actually prefer my soda room temp, but i know that can't always be facilitated).

Yes, my husband has sensitive teeth and asked for no ice for his sodas. :)

Yes, my husband has sensitive teeth and asked for no ice for his sodas. :)

I drink my rye and water neat - no ice, ice gets you drunk and soda gives you a head ache. That is my story and I am sticking to it

If you do get the soda sticker you can get a soda without ice. It will come right out of the can.

no, they charge you. Its not free only iced tea and lemonade are free

Milk and chocolate milk are available at the buffet in the morning for sure, can't remember if it was available for lunch and dinner, (the little half pint cartons), the MDR and room service free of charge.

My daughter did on a couple of Carnival cruises when she was younger, but she was this cute extremely polite 10yo with parents who ordered wine by the glass for dinner every night and often got seconds. So, the lady who brought our wine got her a free soda at the same time. She asked what she likes to drink the first night, kiddo said 7-Up, we fully intended to get charged since she didn't have a soda card, but we never did. After that a 7-Up just appeared every night for free. By now (14) she drinks too much soda (our fault, we're bad examples), so we get her a soda card. I think some wine/beverages waiters do the freebies, many don't.

When I cruised with my young daughter and ordered a glass of wine in the MDR at night the bar server never charged for my daughters glass of soda. This was the case every evening. Even without the no charge soda the bar server was a really nice young woman and I tipped her something additional on the last evening. She was very gracious and appreciative. All around that cruise we had excellent service in the MDR.

On the Magic at christmas, kids (3) were not charged for soda and were given fruit plates and rootbeer floats, maybe the waiters were just being nice, we tipped 20 bucks the first night. The three kids also dined on their own one night (at our table of 6) while we ate in the steakhouse.;)

Archived