FLL to Mia....how to get there please

der93711

We are having trouble getting home from Fort Lauderdale after our cruise and might have to fly out of Miami. Does anyone know how we can get to Mia that is reasonable. I know we can rent a car, but any other choices?

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=1>

<param name="day" value=12>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>Smurf_on_beach.gif</img>

Is there any private companies that do the trip from Fll to Mia? Price of Limo? Shuttle?

Thanks

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

1/28/04 Summit again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I had to make the MIA/FLL or FLL/MIA trip for both of my cruises, and both times we got the one way transfer. We rented cars on the front end, as we arrived in town a day early. Bought the vouchers first thing on arriving on the ship. Not the fastest way to get there, but no worries either. I think it was $16 per person.

Theron

click to e-mail me

Explorer of the Seas 9/27/03 Western

Celebrity Century 9/28/02 Eastern (Thanks to Lili)

Cruise Tip Calculator - Calculate the amount and type of bills you need to stuff your tipping envelopes:

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

Superjerry just beat me to the same answer--we took a limo for $50 + tip!! Fabulous way to go, driver was so funny, he should have been on stage! He was so helpful with the luggage, etc!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

There is shared van service from Fort Lauderdale airport to anywhere in Miami for $15 per person. No reservations required. Just make sure you ask for the shared van. The private van is about $135, but that is for up to 6 people I believe. We took the shared van last January and it takes about 30 minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giorgi-one:

There is shared van service from Fort Lauderdale airport to anywhere in Miami for $15 per person. No reservations required. Just make sure you ask for the shared van. The private van is about $135, but that is for up to 6 people I believe. We took the shared van last January and it takes about 30 minutes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo....

We used this service.

Walked over to the driver in a white van just outside the terminal when out service did not show up.

Went to Miami airport for $16 per plus a luggage charge.

Next - Millennium - The wait begins anew. icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Alway booked and waiting...

icon_biggrin.gif

We took the shuttle that Celebrity was offering. No fuss, no muss.

Miami Airport is the pits. There are very few places to eat, food quality is poor at best, and the security people have a real chip on their shoulders.

On the other hand, there are more and cheaper flights out of Miami.....

Thanks for all the great info. This board is "boss"

Der

RCCI Song of Norway 1982

RCCI Viking 1991

Princess Crown 12/93

Galaxy 11/98

Princess Crown 12/00

Summit 1/03

Summit 1/12/04

1/28/04 Summit again

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;1;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We used Sterling Limo....they have a website. Price was cheaper than Celebrity transfers....plus there was no wait. It is fun to pull up to the ship in a limo, everyone should do it at least once.

We did a private van from MIA to FLL and it cost the 4 of us $20 each including tip.

Celebrity Century 2/02

Carnival Spirit 1/03

Celebrity Century 11/03

Celebrity Millennium 1/05

Archived