Is Carnival still serving stuffed mushrooms?

FLcruiserxox

Hi Everyone :)

If you've cruised recently, did they have these on the menu? They were white stuffed mushrooms that came on a small plate with about 6 pods or so with stuffed mushrooms in each. I'm cruising on the Destiny at the end of this month and I can't stop thinking about them! lol.

They were not on the menu at all on my last Carnival cruise in 2009. I know it sounds ridiculous but they were just sooooooooo good and I want to know if I can look forward to having them.

TIA :)

Edited by FLcruiserxox

Hi Everyone :)

If you've cruised recently, did they have these on the menu? They were white stuffed mushrooms that came on a small plate with about 6 pods or so with stuffed mushrooms in each. I'm cruising on the Destiny at the end of this month and I can't stop thinking about them! lol.

They were not on the menu at all on my last Carnival cruise in 2009. I know it sounds ridiculous but they were just sooooooooo good and I want to know if I can look forward to having them.

TIA :)

You're not the only one. My son and I LOVE those stuffed mushrooms. I have all the Carnival cookbooks but unfortunately none have the recipe. I would be very disappointed if they didn't serve them anymore.

I cruised on the Magic last month and yes, escargot was on the menu. I tried it for the first time ever and it was very good. Ate the first one and yum. Started eating the second one and the started thinking about what I was eating and that was it. No more. It really tasted good but all I could think of was all those big old slugs crawling on my patio..... I know, I know....:o

And yes, the stuffed mushrooms are still on the menu....YUMMMMMM!!

You're not the only one. My son and I LOVE those stuffed mushrooms. I have all the Carnival cookbooks but unfortunately none have the recipe. I would be very disappointed if they didn't serve them anymore.

Looks like a lot of work but here is the recipe according to John Heald for the stuffed mushrooms (8 servings):

Mushroom Stuffing

Broccoli Frozen : ½ cup

Spinach Frozen : 1 ½ cup

Onion Yellow : ½ cup

Garlic Fresh Peeled : ½ tbsp

White wine : 4 ½ tbsp

Ricotta cheese : 3/4cup

Nutmeg Powder : to taste

Butter Solid : 1/4 cup

Oil Vegetable : 1/3 cup

Thyme fresh : a sprig

Salt & Pepper : to taste

Mushroom (select large sizes) : 48 (6 per portion)

Sun dried Tomato Beurre Blanc (2 ½ tbsp)

Sun dried Tomato : 1 ½ tsp

Onion Red (Chopped) : 1/2 tsp

Shallot (Chopped) : 1/2 tsp

Garlic fresh Peeled : 1/2 tsp

Cream heavy fresh : 1 oz

Half & Half : ½ tbsp

Butter solid : ½ tbsp

White wine : 1 1/2 tbsp

Sherry Vinegar : To Taste

Parmesan Cheese : 1/2 tbsp

Blend tomato sauce & add if color is not obtained.

Parmesan Crust

Panko Crumbs : 2 1/2 tbsp

Parmesan Cheese grated : 3 tsp

Parsley (Chiffonade Cut) : sprig

Finish & Presentation

Cheese Straws

Parsley Sprig

PROCEDURE

Mushrooms & Stuffing

Sauté mushrooms on a Hot Plate till golden brown (avoid shrinkage); remove and place in perforated pan and chill.

Heat pan - Sauté chopped onion, thyme & garlic in a mixture of oil & butter. (Do not brown.) Deglaze with White wine.

Add chopped (squeezed) spinach & chopped broccoli; cook further for few minutes. Cook till the mixture is dried. Season with nutmeg powder, salt & pepper. Cool.

Place ricotta cheese in sheet tray, dry ricotta cheese in oven.

Combine dried ricotta cheese to spinach mixture. Adjust seasoning.

Stuff sautéed & cooled mushrooms with spinach mixture and arrange on escargot dish lined in sheet tray.

Sun dried Tomato Burre Blanc

Sauté chopped red onion & shallots in butter. Add chopped garlic, deglaze with white wine, reduce and add half & half + cream, Bring to a boil and remove from heat.

Slowly blend in the rest of butter. Do not let the butter split. Season.

Blend the sauce lightly using a stick blender.

Add chopped sun dried tomatoes which have been soaked and cooked in white wine.

Adjust seasoning and hold in pan for dispensing (3Oz per portion)

(Note: - Ensure to keep the sauce pouring constancy only)

Parmesan Crust

Mix panko crumbs, parmesan cheese and Chiffonade of parsley together.

Sprinkle over mushrooms and bake.

Finish & Presentation

Arrange the stuffed mushrooms in the escargot dish lined in sheet tray (8 in a tray).

Pour 3Oz of sauce covering all the mushroom and sprinkle parmesan cheese mix individually over each mushroom.

Bake @ 180C till golden. (Or pass through CTX.)

Serve with cheese straw and parsley sprig.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

On Facebook today, it was mentioned that they will be unable to get any more escargot for a while due to a drought. While a totally different dish, their ceviche was quite good.

I hope they get that resolved before the end of June! :mad:

WooHoo!!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe ready2cruzagain :) This is going to be my weekend cooking project. I think I can easily halve this recipe. There are lots of ingredients, but the actual process looks straight forward. I'll come back and let yall know how it turned it.

WooHoo!!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe ready2cruzagain :) This is going to be my weekend cooking project. I think I can easily halve this recipe. There are lots of ingredients, but the actual process looks straight forward. I'll come back and let yall know how it turned it.

You are welcome. Come back and let me know how they turn out and if they were hard to make. Maybe because of all the ingredients I think it looks difficult. Anyway, have fun and I will be waiting to hear how they were.