Restaurants on the Jewel

Ghengis Klown

Forgot to also mention that one of my favorites on the cruise were the hot wings at Blue Lagoon. You could get 6 or 10 as an appetizer and I would just usually order the 10 as my meal, then follow it up with the brownie sundae. (FYI...had the wings/brownie/ice cream lunch 4 times on the cruise!!) Note that the wings and dessert are only on the lunch menu.

Food is soo subjective. But I will say the upcharge restaurants' food quality varies from ship to ship. Was just on the Jewel-across the board on 6 NCL ships never, ever had anything less than delicious at LE BISTRO, Jewel included.

Chin Chin was good, not great.

Mama's we left after the app's and frozen greasy bread. Have had good Italian on other NCL but not this one.

Azura MDR was noisy, crowded and tables close together. Did not enjoy the atmosphere.

Tsar's liked the live music and service. Food was not tasty or varied. Dessert options minimal, soups watery. We found ourselves making a menu from various app's and salads. Oh, my husband got the salmon that is offered nightly and that was adequate.

I thought BLUE LAGOON was not good on the Jewel. But have loved it on the Pride and Spirit.

The buffet, which mind you we usually shun for the crowds, actually had the biggest variety of foods for dinner. I think there was some kind of produce shortage when we sailed as they ran out of asparagus in all venues and barely added veggies to entrees.

Ate at Moderno and Mama's on the 5/19 cruise to Alaska. Moderno was very good, but not great, in my opinion. However I would still recommend it. Maybe it's because I'm from Wisconsin and we have excellent meat here and were used to it. We had a group of 8 and everyone thought it was a great experience and we all came out many lbs. heavier than when we went in. Definately worth the $20pp and if you use the buy 3 get one free coupon that comes in your e docs, it is only $15pp. My favorite was the Bacon wrapped chicked breast, but of course anything wrapped in bacon is good.:D

Someone asked a few posts back what order it comes....based on my observation, they didn't bring out the meat in any specific order as they appeared to serve several tables with the skewers and the cruisers at the tables were in various stages of eating.

Also ate at Mama's, I thought it was great and my wife loved the chicken parm. Service was excellent.

I have checked my edocs for the Moderno coupon, but I don't have it. I have the Le Bistro/Mama's coupon. Could you please post a link?

I know you said you found the link, but in my edocs there was a link to a pdf file that had about 15 coupons in it. One of them was buy 3 dinners at a specialty restaraunt and get the 4th free. Was good at any of specialty restaraunts. The rest of the coupons were for spa, bingo, gambling, etc. I think I might have them yet if you don't have.

I know you said you found the link, but in my edocs there was a link to a pdf file that had about 15 coupons in it. One of them was buy 3 dinners at a specialty restaraunt and get the 4th free. Was good at any of specialty restaraunts. The rest of the coupons were for spa, bingo, gambling, etc. I think I might have them yet if you don't have.

Hi Kappi, no I don't have that link to a pdf file. That's ok, though, I was able to find the link from another thread and saved the file on my desktop. :D Thank you for the info, I would not have known these offers existed if I didn't read your thread!

Archived