Gaspe Perce Bonaventure Island and Perce Rock Cruise

Has anyone done this excursion...Perce Bonaventure Island and Perce Rock Cruise? Apparently its a bus trip to Perce, a boat excursion while there, and then a train ride back to Gaspe.

The one I am looking at is thru Celebrity. Its expensive, so i was wondering if it was worth it.

Thanks

Thanks for the links. It sounds like if we have fog...all that money out for the excursion will be pretty much worthless. Maybe a car would be better.

Does anyone know what the train ride is like? Is it beautiful...with scenery different than we would see via car/bus?

And I am still wondering what the boat excursion would consist of. I did another search, but not really getting much info on this port or this excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

This website :http://www.perce.info/?id=67&titre=Boat_excursions_at_the_ile_Bonaventure_and_Rocher_Perce_sectors&em=15 may give you an idea bout what theer is to see. Usually you sail bu the Rocher Perce, big rock formation with an unusual hole ( thus the percé , french word for what has a hole in it). You keep going to the Island next to the rocher that is called Bonaventure Island. A short trail get s you to where the Fous de bassan, incridibely beautiful birds are. If you don't want or can't walk there, it is still a nice place. Bring a snack and relax. The Fous de bassan are the birds you will see on souvenirs from Percé. If you are into unique and not too expensive jewelery, chexk if Wazo is still in one of the little boutiques near the pier in Percé.

If you rent a car, ask for directions to the Pic de l,'urore hotel ( locals will tell you where it is). It really doesn't look like much until you go through the hotel and get to see THE view from up there. sometimes there is interesting art beeing exposed there.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know of a private tour company to take us round trip Gaspe to Perce?

We are headed to Gaspe' in a few weeks. This was the toughest port to find info on. We finally settled on renting a minivan with six of us splitting the cost. If you want to avoid a ship's excusion it seems the only options are to just "Stay in Gaspe'" or rent a vehicle. It seems both Budget and National have vehicles available at the pier with prior arrangement.

In addition to Perce (which we decided against due to the distance), Forillon National Park is nearby and that is what we plan on touring.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/qc/forillon/index.aspx

I hope this helps!

Archived