*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Dang, you beat me by 11 minutes!! However, I WILL point out that I am 2 hours earlier than you in time-zone. LOL! I posted at 6:44 AM my time. Course, I was also in bed last night by 10:30! LOL. :rolleyes:

Sue -I was actually in the middle of typing a post even earlier this morning (before taking Staci to the train) but we suddenly realized it was getting late and if we didn't leave right then she might miss the train so I didn't post till I got back from dropping her off.

Both kids are gone now. :( Eric did spend the night so I had a little bit of time with him last night and a bit again this morning. Boy was I mad at him after he left though. He had showered late last night so this morning he decided to just wash his hair in the kitchen sink. After he left I got in the shower and discovered that he had taken the shampoo out and left it in the kitchen. :mad: :rolleyes: I was already in the shower and wet so no way was I getting out to get the shampoo. I washed my hair with body wash instead. LOL. Oh well, at least it's clean. It's pretty long right now and I will just pull it back in a ponytail anyway.

Dave - Dave was busy all weekend doing work around the house but I have no idea what he did but was all outside stuff. That's part of the problem too. He loves being outdoors and usually gets that stuff done but hates working indoors. That's the stuff that doesn't get done. He keeps talking about putting up new shed. Our old one is a real eyesore but every time he even mentions it I tell him that he better not start any new projects until the bathroom is done. One of Eric's good friend Colin was here last night and he came in the house and said to Dave, "How's the bathroom coming Mr. H?" and he looked in there and said, "I see it has a floor now. That's progress." LOL. Colin has been here for awhile. It's had a floor for 3 years.

I ended up going to Royal Buffet and LOVED it. All you can eat dim sum is heaven. It's not the top not best I've ever had, but I'll give it a B+/A-. Also endless peel-and-eat shrimp, yum.

Thank you for your schedule Heidi. I won't be in this week I don't think, but someday :)

Beautiful weather today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Dave, I've never had Lebanese food. What's it like?

Sue, Oh you must try dim sum. There are so many different dishes, you're bound to find some you like. If you like dumplings, dim sum would be right up your alley.

Edited by PoofyTheCat

Good evening Cupids,

Bettie and I had a nice day. We went to the Kimball Museum and saw an Impressionist Exhibit. It was really nice. We had lunch at Red Hot & Blue. Had a coupon for pull pork sandwiches. This strike has had some good points. Retirement is starting to look better.

Char, I didn't look at your FB page. I looked at a photo you posted recently.

Going to watch the Hatfields and McCoys on the History channel tonight.

Later,

Dave

Good morning, Breeze Buddies!!!

Wow, glad I did not want to chat, it would have been me and Dave.lol

Dave, I watched the first part of the Hatfields and McCoys last night. We had taped it from the previous night. I think it is really good.

Another day in hopefully the sunny Villages. I work another 8-5 shift today. Whew!

Have a super day.

Dave, sounds like you and Bettie had a very nice day yesterday!

Hi Cat! Don't work too hard.

I have a slightly odd schedule today with a 4 hour gap. Of course, every time this happens, something comes up, and I wind up being busy all day.

Last week of school, then my summer school schedule begins.

Yuck... "Weather Bear" just said that tomorrow's high will be 53.

Have a great day Breeze Buddies!

Morning!

Cathy ~ you talked to 254 people on the phone???? Are you a telemarketer or something? I see Mimi calls you Cat...that would distinguish you from the other Kathy's here....do you like to be called Cat?

Mimi ~ I love dumplings, so I think I would like dim sum. I like eating a little of this and a little of that, which is why I love a good buffet. I know with dim sum, you get to pick out what you want from a lot of different choices. Glad you enjoyed your lunch!

Heidi ~ I hate it when I get in the shower and get all wet and something I need is missing...like soap or shampoo or a washcloth. Glad you got to see Eric for at least a little bit of time. Now you're back to empty nest...maybe Dave can get on that bathroom project. :rolleyes:;)

Dave ~ I don't know how a strike works...are you getting a paycheck during this? If so, WOO HOO..paid vacay!! If not, BUMMER. Glad you enjoyed the museum and lunch.

Mimi ~ I know you work at a school with kids; do you still work during the summer?

Boy, this has been a tough year for us with the cows. Have another calf that is just "not right". In fact, he had crawled out of our fence, and wandered down the highway yesterday where a neighbor saw him and called us. We don't know where Mom is...couldn't find a cow that seemed interested. I don't think he's going to make it...Dave tubed him yesterday (put milk directly into his stomach, down the throat) because he won't suck. I'll be surprised if he's still with us today. I hate that part of the cow business. The older I get, the sadder I feel when we lose one.

Then we had to get a cow in and doctor her yesterday. We think she has a disease called grass tetany which cattle can get from grazing on green grass in the spring (weird, huh). It's basically a magnesium deficiency and causes the cow to get wobbly and stagger around. We got her in and gave her magnesium...a needle is inserted under her skin and you let a bottle of the medicine run in, kind of like an IV. She's now behind the barn getting hay instead of grass.

Good Morning!

I was supposed to work a short shift last night but it ended up being long. They had 3 hosts scheduled to work but we are always very slow right after a holiday so they wanted to call one and tell her not to come. They didn't call me. :mad: That's OK though, I'm going to lose my Sunday shift this week because I'm going out of town. Every year my best friend and I do a girls get away. This year we are going to Galena, Illinois. Those of you from this area probably already know about Galena but those of you who don't know, it's an old river town about 2 1/2 hours west of Chicago and it's it's just loaded with shops. Lori and I are leaving Sunday and coming back on Tuesday I thought I would lose 2 shifts next week too but my boss said he's going to schedule me on the days that are normally my day off. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not. LOL. He's even scheduling me on Saturday, June 9th but he asked me first if it was OK (Saturday is the only day that is not in my availability). I guess there are several other hosts who have requested that Saturday off.

Sue -I noticed you put a link to the "introduce yourself" thread in you signature. Great idea but can you tell me how you changed the link so that it's not the web address. I have the link to the information and prices in my signature but can't for the life of me figure out how to change it. I just want it to say the word "HERE" instead of the web address. that way it will just say something like "For information and pricing click HERE. I hope you don't have any more problems with your calves. I would hate that too. That poor thing was probably looking for it's mother and that's why it went through the fence.

It has cooled off here although it's beautiful today. Sunday and Monday were in the 90's and humid. Yesterday was in the lower 80's and very low humidity. Today I don't think it's going to get out of the 70's and think it supposed to be even cooler tomorrow. I am working lunch today. Sometimes it's a short shift and sometimes it's long. It's usually the same 3 hosts working and I am the one scheduled to be sent home 1st after it slows down but sometimes one of the other 2 hosts have reasons why they'd like to be the 1st to leave so when the managers cut one of us we usually decide together who's going to go. The 3 of us are good friends and work very well together. We're the only "older" hosts. LOL. We're in our 40's and 50's. All the other hosts are in their teens or 20's.

Have a great day. :)

Good morning Cupids,

Sue, we do get a check but only enough to buy groceries and a tank of gas for my car.

Heidi, to insert a hyperlink by using a word for the link look above where we are typing highlight a word and touch this symbol createlink.gif . You will see an area to insert the URL address. You should then be able to do this, Here. Be sure to copy the address so you can paste it into the box. Hope this helps.

Dave

Mornin' Cupids...

Cathy p...WOW you talked to 254 people yesterday???? No wonder you didn't feel "chatty"...:rolleyes:

Sue & Mimi...I LOVE dumplings too...don't think I have ever had dim sum tho'...will try it now. :D

Heidi...so glad you got to spend a little time with Eric...how does it feel to have an empty nest again? After our kids visit then go home it kind of feels empty...but nice and quiet.

Dave...glad you and Bettie had a nice day yesterday...the museum sounds interesting...Jim LOVES going to museums.

We were in Visalia most of yesterday...Visalia is a small town about 45 minutes south east of us...well smaller than Fresno anyway...very clean and pretty...we had lunch in old town (downtown) and the weather was really nice...but heating up today. Then friends dropped by last night so we had a nice evening with them...sat on the patio which was nice...and I had ALL my insect repellant right in front of me ready to use. ;)

Anyway...hope you all have a really nice day...we will be home most of today...Jim has a routine doctor appointment and Kara (DGD) will be coming by at 1:00p.m.

Hello Breeze Buddies!

I will do a little work during the summer. Not sure how much, but I'm looking forward to spending time at the fitness center and the park district's pool.

If you go to true authentic Chinese restaurants that have dim sum, like in Chinatown, normally they have people with carts with little bamboo steamers of each item. You look at the items and then pick which ones you want. It's a lot of fun.

Chicagoland Cupids - Margaritaville is open at Navy Pier. Anybody interested in doing a mini-Cupids meet n greet at some point? Doesn't have to be in the near future. Could even be next summer. But Andy and I are eager to check it out this summer.

Good Afternoon. It was a short shift today. after work I went to check out a park for us to have a company picnic at. I think this one would be perfect. Now it's up to management to book it.

Good morning Cupids,

Heidi, to insert a hyperlink by using a word for the link look above where we are typing highlight a word and touch this symbol createlink.gif . You will see an area to insert the URL address. You should then be able to do this, Here. Be sure to copy the address so you can paste it into the box. Hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I'll see if I can do it.

Heidi...so glad you got to spend a little time with Eric...how does it feel to have an empty nest again? After our kids visit then go home it kind of feels empty...but nice and quiet.

Char - As much I love and miss my kids I also love my peace and quiet. I honestly don't think I'd like having both of them living at home again. Not at the same time anyway. I know it's very likely that they might have to live at home again some time in the future but I hope it will only be one of them at a time and hopefully not for too long.

Have a good evening. :)

Heidi ~ hope Dave's tip helps you in getting the link into your signature. It was a total accident that I was able to get mine into words instead of a link. I went into "edit signature", then I copied the link for the thread and pasted it into the signature. TWO of them showed up and one was highlighted. I deleted the highlighted one and typed in the words I wanted and that worked. I have no idea if that would work again or not. Good luck! :p

Beautiful day here! I took a long walk with Zeke, made split pea soup for tonight..it's simmering away on the stove. Then I've been cleaning the floors. I will say this: carpet is a lot faster to clean than hardwood and tile!! I love my tile and hardwood floors, but wow, it takes me longer to clean floors. I still have carpet in living and bedrooms, but then I have to vacuum the hardwood and tile (I have a Dyson that does carpet and hard floors well), then polish the hardwood with a soft mop and steam clean the tile. Doesn't sound like that much, but it sure is time consuming! Nice to have a clean house, though.

Chicagoland Cupids - Margaritaville is open at Navy Pier. Anybody interested in doing a mini-Cupids meet n greet at some point? Doesn't have to be in the near future. Could even be next summer. But Andy and I are eager to check it out this summer.

I like the sound of that.

Good morning, Breeze buddies and happy Thursday!

Mimi, are you still working with special needs kids. I keep noticing that you are going to the gym. How much weight have you lost?

Sue, I work for the newspaper in Circulation so people call me to either get a subscription, put their paper on vacation, pay a bill or general questions. I do not telemarket. The only way I call a customer is if their is a problem with their paper or to ask if they received their first paper they signed up for. We also have people that show up. Our City has mainly people older than 55 so some of them are called snowbirds. They leave in May and come back in September as they don't like the heat.

Please call me Cat as all my friends do so that will seperate me from the other Cathy's or Kathy's.

Heidi, I hope that you have a wonderful girls weekend. I did that several times back home and it was fun.

Dave, that is more of a paycheck than Kenny got. I think it was more like a pack of cigs (I don't smoke anymore and neither do he) and McDonalds.

Char, we have the lovebugs that show up every May and September just like the snowbirds.lol

Chat later!

Good morning Cupids!

Margaritaville sure would be fun!

Cat, I have not been to the gym lately but I plan on returning by the weekend. Scared to get on the scale! :eek:

Yes, still working with special needs kids... mostly with their teachers, but it's the same job that you're thinking of.

Raining here today, which I'm fine with. I hate it when grass turns brown from lack of rain.

Have a great day all!

Morning!

Heidi ~ glad you got the link into your siggy!

Sad thing yesterday. A man had flown his stepsons back to our town in a private plane last week on the day it snowed so much, then headed back to Idaho around 5 PM. He never made it. They have been searching for the plane ever since, and felt he hadn't made it out of our County due to cell phone records. They found the wreckage yesterday, and the pilot was dead. He had been on his way home to his daughter's graduation. So sad.

Dave went out to the airport yesterday to take lunch to a friend of ours that was out there helping with all the planes and helicopters that were searching for the missing plane. He got to see one of the big Black Hawk military helicopters up close and talk to the National Guard crew....they were the ones who found the plane right after Dave saw them.

I heard that plane go over us the day of the storm and wondered who in the world would be flying in that weather. This pilot had crashed at least 2 other times. I guess if there's a good side it's that he had already dropped off the kids so they are safe. And, his wife normally is with him, but she wasn't this time.

Good Morning!

As Mimi already told you, it is raining today. I wouldn't mind so much except it's COLD!!!!! It's only 47 degrees. Of course it's my day off too. It has been raining hard all morning so I hope it lets up later. I need to run some errands but don't want to do it in the rain. We do need the rain though. Dave has been watering the grass. He won't have to for a while now.

Sue - that's sad about the plane crash. My dad was a pilot for United Airlines and had his own private plane until about 5 years ago. He was EXTREMELY responsible and careful though. He would not have flown in a storm. He wouldn't even fly over Lake Michigan in perfect weather. He always went around the south end of the lake because he didn't want to take a chance on developing engine trouble have to ditch the plane in the water. One time he and my mom flew out to Glacier National Park and I think we mis-communicated the dates they were going to be there so when I hadn't heard from them by the time I thought I should have I got scared and started calling the airports out there to see if the plane was on the ground. At least if I knew it was sitting on the ground at an airport then that would mean they were fine. It was a long time ago and can't really remember if I ever found the plane or if they called before I located it.

I saw a thread earlier that the Breeze ship cams are up and running. I checked it out but there was nothing going on. I forget what day the maiden voyage is but I don't think it's for another week or so.

Have a great day. :)

Dang! It just dropped down to 46 degrees. One more degree and we're at the point where flowers should be covered or brought inside. Well, THAT isn't going to happen. Either they make it or they don't. :rolleyes:

Chicagoland Cupids - Margaritaville is open at Navy Pier.

Margaritaville as in Jimmy Buffet's - that's a great place. Love the one in Key West. Wish I lived closer, would love to check it out.

Dang! It just dropped down to 46 degrees. One more degree and we're at the point where flowers should be covered or brought inside. Well, THAT isn't going to happen. Either they make it or they don't. :rolleyes:

Yikes!!! We usually get your weather in a couple of days. This morning's temp was 55 deg., had to run back in and grab a coat. Sun is shining now, but they are calling for rain and storms tomorrow. This would be a great weekend for them to get it all wrong. Ed's cousin and his wife are riding in from Johnstown tomorrow to come to Sandusky bike week and they can only stay the weekend. Well no matter what, it will be nice to visit with them. They were here last Sept. for our daughter's wedding, but we didn't get much of chance to spend time with them, so I'm looking forward to their visit.

I missed a couple of days reading the thread and I see a lot has been happening. Like they say you miss a day, you miss a lot.

Hope everyone's day is going well, even if your weather is poopy.

Donna

Morning Cupids...

Well my quiet day yesterday didn't stay that way long...did laundry (planned that), Jim had a doctor's appointment (planned)...our granddaughter Kara came by (happy unplan) and two of our college girls came by (unplaned...but okay)...so there went my afternoon. Jim pulled a muscle in his leg so will need some PT...I guess the strain was pretty bad he is having a lot of trouble walking.

YES!!! I got it. It took several tries but check out my signature. LOL

YAY...so much fun when we can get something technical to work...I know it is for me. :D

Char, we have the lovebugs that show up every May and September just like the snowbirds.lol

Cat...love that name...now that would be fun...go and live where the weather is good...then leave when it turns bad...we don't do the heat well anymore either. However...I would HATE the constant moving...unless it is just clothes they pack each time...I guess they would have to maintain two homes. :eek:

Yes, still working with special needs kids... mostly with their teachers, but it's the same job that you're thinking of.

Mimi...what a great thing you do...we have two DGDs who work with autistic children...it is a challange but so worthwhile...I think it is the parents who suffer the most...and has sometimes broken marrages...it is really sad.

Sue...how awful...but you would think he would know better than fly in a storm like that...he had already had two crashes??? I don't think I would want to fly with him or let my kids. But I am truly sorry for his family.

Dave...sure glad you can buy groceries and gas for the car...what a drag...I bet you will be glad when the strike is over.

I hope everyone has a really good day...will chat more later.

Thinking about joining you all. I am booked on another cruise critic cruise in 2013 however a wedding has come up, does anyone know if I am able to move that deposit to this one and join you?

Sounds like lots of fun...

Thinking about joining you all. I am booked on another cruise critic cruise in 2013 however a wedding has come up, does anyone know if I am able to move that deposit to this one and join you?

Sounds like lots of fun...

Welcome Roe95695. Sorry you have to change your plans but our cruise is the same one, just a later date. Did you book early saver? If not I'm sure it can probably be transferred but if it's early saver I think there will be fee involved. I've never booked early saver so I'm not familiar with all the rules. Since the other cruise is also a CC group cruise I assume you booked with Crucon (Johna?). I would give her a call.

Edited by HeidiHo