*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

[quote[

To my Hells Kitchen buddies - how do like out things are shaping up this season? Not sure who I'm liking this time around. Usually, someone sticks out, but this season, I really don't care for any of them. Still enjoy watching it thought. Actually, I'm enjoying Masterchef a little better.

Wishing everyone a wonderful, Donna

DH and I love both of these shows. I am still on the fence as well. Really admire Christine on Masterchef although I will be very surprised if she makes it all the way.

[quote[

DH and I love both of these shows. I am still on the fence as well. Really admire Christine on Masterchef although I will be very surprised if she makes it all the way.

Christine is amazing. Hopefully, she'll be around a little longer, I think there are worse cooks then her still left. Monti is also impressing me.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable day. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, could use some time off. This working thing is getting old. We have no weekend plans, DH is working nights this weekend so I'm on my own. I guess I'll spend part of my time cleaning, yuck!! I thinks I need a maid. I'm hating cleaning more and more.

Donna

Evening Cupids...

Was HOT here today and humid which we are not used to...so made it feel even hotter than it was.

Dave...thinking about you and hope you are doing okay.

We were out all day...then got some dinner now time for a little TV and bed.

Will be back later...stay cool everyone.

Good Evening!

Dave - I just want you to know I'm thinking of you at this difficult time.

Sue - I hope you get all your repairs made so you can finish haying.

I got a very long message from Eric today. Things are improving in Vietnam. He's feeling OK now and they finally figured out the problem with the water in their apartment. It turns out there was never anything wrong. Things are just different over there. They found out that someone needs to be home at 6:00 every day to turn the pumps on because that's when the water tanks are filled. If no one is there to turn the pump on then they will eventually run out of water. They do have a 40 gallon back up water container but that doesn't go through the plumbing so they still wouldn't have running water but at least they'd have access to some water. They just couldn't shower or flush toilets.

I also talked to Staci for a long time today. She called to say she's coming home this weekend. We've seen a lot of her this summer. she doesn't come home much during the school year. right now she's just working and has Friday and Saturday nights off so she can come home on weekends.

My sister called today too. She wanted to tell me an old family friend from Minnesota is going to be at her house tomorrow night but unfortunately I have to work so I won't be able to see her. I'm looking for someone to pick up my shift but it's unlikely that anyone will.

Have a good night.

Edited by HeidiHo

Hi gang!

Got my hair cut & colored yesterday. Now I'm ready for my niece's wedding tomorrow. This is the youngest daughter of my brother. The wedding is at a river resort in a tiny little town about 3 1/2 to 4 hours drive from here. We will stay at the resort. The kids are going to be there, which is always fun when I get to see my 4 kiddos!

Not much else happening. We're just in a holding pattern, waiting for baler parts. :(

Asking for prayers from everyone. My 17 year old godson was in an accident Sunday and is in icu. He has severed his spinal cord at c9 in his neck and has no feeling or movement from the chest down. It doesn't sound like he will regain anything. Devastating news for him and his family. I feel so helpless right now.

Asking for prayers from everyone. My 17 year old godson was in an accident Sunday and is in icu. He has severed his spinal cord at c9 in his neck and has no feeling or movement from the chest down. It doesn't sound like he will regain anything. Devastating news for him and his family. I feel so helpless right now.

Praying, for the family and your godson and that the Lord will touch his body and give him his movement back.

Renee...I am so sorry about your godson...my prayers are with you and his family.

It is still hot here...but supposed to cool down some starting tomorrow...and I am ready for that.

Hope you all have a really nice week-end.

Renee ~ my heart is broken for you and your godson and his family. Will keep all of you in my prayers. I'm so very sorry.

Headed to my niece's wedding today. Looking forward to seeing family.

We are actually stopping in Klamath Falls to look at a new baler. It is a baler that a hay contractor we know bought, but never used. He wanted one with a cutter conditioner to kind of chop the hay as it goes into the windrow, so he traded this one in before ever baling with it. Makes the price a lot less than a brand new one that came straight from the factory. The dealership would take our baler in on trade and fix it, we would still pay for the parts. We'll see how good a deal he can make us.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Good afternoon Cupids,

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. They were very appreciated. We laid my mother to ret yesterday. It was a very long day.

Renee, prayers for your Godson. Hope he pulls through this challenge.

Dave

Dave, she is in heaven with my beautiful daughter Tina. I am sure she will show her the ropes. She was just like me a people person. God Bless you all and try to get some rest.

Renee, thoughts and prayers for your godson and the family.

I will spend the day just enjoying life with my Kenny. Chat later.

Afternoon Cupids...

We are not doing much this week-end...well might do some work on our "cafe"...actually our office but we call it the cave because we spend so much time there...LOL

It has cooled down some will only get to 99 today. :D

Dave...our thoughts and prayers are with you...take care my good friend.

Renee...hope the godson is doing better...let us know.

Good morning, Breeze buddies!

Sue seafood was great. I had baked Butterfish. It was the first time I have eatten that. It was delish with a jalopeno sauce.

Robin, I agree with Hells Kitchen, however, love both of the shows my Gordon is in.lol

Donna, Christine seems to be the best of the girl. Although I like Barbie also as she is the underdog.

Char, What did you have for dinner when you went out?

Heidi, glad Eric is having a better time and at least has water.

Renee, thoughts and prayers for you godson.

Sue, good luck with the baler.

Yesterday was just a hang out kind of day with Kenny. Enjoyed it as I will be working more hours soon so taking advantage of our together time. Today is watching QVC's In the Kitchen with David show and flipping back and forth with NASCAR.

I hope everyone has a super end of the weekend and will chat later.

Evening Cupids...

I found us on page 5...guess everyone is having a fun filled Sunday...I sure hope so anyway.

Dave...hope you got home nice and safe and had an easy flight.

Cat...don't remember what I had for dinner earlier in the week...but this afternoon we tried a new Mex Restaurant...a really nice one more gourmet food than the regular stuff. Really good food and I had grilled sea bass...love sea bass and it was delicious. I never heard of Butterfish is it a white fish and mild?

Heidi...glad that Eric is doing better...I have seen some of those apartments on House Hunters International and they range for really nice (for lots of money) to pretty bleak (more affordable)...hopefully he can find a new place soon.

Well we start a new week tomorrow and I hope each of you have as good a Monday as possible.

Edited by roudy1

Good morning, Breee buddies!

Well short day today with a 7-12 shift. I love this shift as I feel I still have part of the day after.

Char, I love Mexican food especially cheese enchaladas. We only have 1 good one around here. Yes, Butterfish is a white, mild fish with no fishy taste. I don't remember seeing it for sale anywhere.

I love that show house hunters. Well that is about it so shall chat later.

Good Morning, Breeze Buds!

What a fantastic weekend we had! Once we found the wedding site...it is in a remote dot on the map right on the Rogue River that caters to rafters and fishermen. My GPS said it was "1 mile" and then lost internet connection and we kept driving, and driving, and driving.....just when we thought we had somehow missed it, there it was! But where my GPS said "1 mile"....more like "10 miles"! :p

The wedding was at a home where the backyard is on the river....just beautiful! It was a beautiful evening and a beautiful wedding. As we were eating dinner, 2 small bucks came into the yard and weren't a bit afraid of all the people...they just looked around, grazed a bit and then wandered off. We danced and danced, and sang and laughed and it was just so much fun. Always great to see our 4 kiddos, and my bro and his fam and my sis and her fam. They each have 3 kids so it was nice to see all the nieces and nephews.

Since my niece and her new hubby both are recent U of O graduates, there was a bit of a "Duck" theme to the wedding. They had yellow and green (Oregon Duck colors) solo cups for the beer. They had cupcakes instead of cake, and on top of the cupcake stand was Mr. and Mrs. Duck instead of a bride and groom topper. The wine they served was an australian wine called Lucky Duck...and I got to bring home a bottle of chardonnay...very yummy.

We stayed at the resort where the house is located, in 3 small cabins. I wasn't expecting much, but they were actually really cute and had air conditioning...YAY! It was about 95 degrees when we got there early afternoon. Had cooled off a LOT by wedding time, that evening. Was a really pleasant night. We were able to just walk to and from the wedding.

We did stop and look at a new baler on our way to the wedding. Dave likes it, now we have to find out this morning what the dealer will give us in trade for ours. He was waiting for a call from his Krone rep that would know more about what they would be able to sell ours for. He will call this morning and let us know.

Heidi ~ that must be quite an eye-opener for Eric. Hope he is enjoying his time in Vietnam despite the sparse living conditions.

Renee ~ any word on your godson?

Dave ~ I know you must be exhausted. Thinking of you and Bettie in this difficult time.

Cat ~ enjoy the short shift!

Edited by momofzeke

Sue - that sound like one heck of wedding. Glad you had a good time.

Dave - sorry for your loss.

My mother has been ill for almost 4 yrs. She was given a year back then. Yesterday morning we got the call to come to the nursing home. The whole family was there and friends popped in and out. My mother heard us and would open her eyes, but most of the time she just slept. She is very frail only about 80 lbs., hasn't had a sold food in about 1 month and no liquids since the night before. Well after 16 hrs. she got somewhat responsive and was alert, even had a little smile. We decided to leave in shifts and when my daughter was leaving, she told her to say hello to Grandpa for her -- my mother shook her head no. Now my sister and I didn't know what to do - do we stay, leave or what. We decided when she fell back to sleep we would sneak out. This morning she wispered to the nurse she is thirsty and drank a little container of Breeze. Hospice asked them if they are telling them about the right person. Hospice told us that a person can get better before the end. They went to see her and they feel she is showing signs of coming to the end of her road, her body temp is down from yest. and her breathing is still very shallow. Now we just have to wait.

Have a great day all, Donna