*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good morning Cupids,

Heidi, we went through the same thing with our new heater when we turned the heat on. We had it installed in May and in October when I turned the heat on, no heat came out. I called the installation guys and the sent out a repair guy. He found a pocket knife on the heating coil. Must have fallen there during installation.

Sue, saw your score before I went to bed. Can't wait to. See where our teams fall on the listing tomorrow.

Rick, glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your Chinese/Thai dinner.

Dave

Good morning Cupids,

Sue, saw your score before I went to bed. Can't wait to. See where our teams fall on the listing tomorrow.

Dave

Dave and Sue - I am afraid my OU Sooners are taking a nose dive in the polls after their loss yesterday. I couldn't stand to watch the last quarter - kept checking on other games. I did see the first Oregon touch down during one of those times.

OMG! What a day at the OG! Actually, it was just one large, inconsiderate party the made things bad for a lot of people. First of all, we don't take reservations but we do call aheads. It's not exactly the same thing. A call ahead just means we'll put your name on the list but not a guarantee that your table will be ready as soon as you arrive.

Anyway, we had a "call ahead" of a party of 30 for 11:30. Getting 30 people seated at 11:30 on a Sunday is no problem at all because we aren't busy yet at that time. We had it all set up and ready to go long before 11:30. The manager told me before they even came in that they were already a little upset that they couldn't have the entire back dining room to themselves. Well, 30 people would not fill up every table in that dining room so we weren't going to let tables sit empty just because they wanted the dining room to themselves. If they wanted that they should have booked a banquet hall somewhere. The OG does not have banquet rooms.

Anyway, they were supposed to arrive at 11:30 but NO ONE showed up till 12:00. So by this time the servers had been sitting around for a hour with no tables (except we sat a couple of the extra tables in that dining room just before 12:00 just so the servers could make some money). So at 1:00 the one family that had arrived went back to the tables to "decorate," (it was a birthday for a 1 year old). At 12:30 it was still just the one family. It turned out that even though they had told us they would be there at 11:30, the woman who arranged the party had told everyone else in the party to come at 12:30. :mad:

FINALLY at about 12:30 the other people started to trickle in. This went on for another hour and 15 minutes. No one seemed at all concerned that they were supposed to arrive at 12:30. They didn't even order food until everyone got there at 1:45. During this time we were at least trying to sit the extra tables back there so the servers could make some money but they didn't want us too so whenever an extra table opened up, someone in the party would sit there so we couldn't put anyone there who wasn't part of the party. They were also walking around and talking to each other like they were in a private banquet hall instead of sitting like you would in a regular restaurant. The servers were having a real hard time getting through with food from the kitchen for other tables because these people were blocking the kitchen door.

They finally left after hogging almost the entire dining room for 4 hours. From what I heard, even with the tip added to to check because it was a large group, the servers only made 18 dollars a piece and for a couple of them, this was probably all they made for their ENTIRE shift because the party hogged all those table for the entire lunch shift. In a normal shift, each server would have 3 tables and in four hours could probably turn those 3 tables over 3 times which mean 9 tables. They should be able to make AT LEAST $50.00 in tips. One of the reasons the tip was so low is there were a ton of kids which means lots of kids meals that don't cost much. Plus, it's possible that most in the group were vegetarian which again means lower cost meals so even with the 18% gratuity added in the tip wouldn't be much (not sure if they were vegetarian because I din't ask but I know that many of the people from the particular country that they were from are vegetarians). I felt so bad for those servers. I'm sure they left the restaurant VERY unhappy today.

Edited by HeidiHo

Morning!

Kathy ~ I didn't realize until yesterday morning that your Sooners lost. Sorry about that.

Dave ~ TCU had a good night Saturday night too! Our Ducks moved up to #2 in the polls, but I didn't see where TCU landed.

Heidi ~ I'm always amazed at how people can behave so rudely in a restaurant and not give any thought to how their actions are affecting others. That party of 30 sounds like a bunch of clueless idiots.

Rick ~ glad you are feeling better!

I wonder what Cat is doing right now? Drinking coffee on Lido deck? Going into a port for a day of fun? February 2014 sounds so far away!!!!!

OMG a chill out day for us. Who would ever have thought THAT would happen. Unfortunately, we're NOT on a cruise like some people here who are having an outrageous time laughing, enjoying and otherwise thumbing their noses at those of us still stuck on terra firma. (Not mentioning any names, of course!!)

Good Afternoon!

Not much going on here today. I went to Costco and Walmart earlier and then I will have to work tonight. The weather is beautiful. It has warmed up to the mid 70's. I love fall weather when it's like this.

I'm getting close to booking that cruise in January for Staci and me. It's on the Grand Princess and goes to Princess Cays, San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Staci is very excited and keeps sending me itineraries that she likes. She just sent me a couple of 10 day Panama Canal itineraries that she liked but I don't want to spend that much. I'm looking forward to a mom & daughter trip. I'm just waiting till I'm absolutely sure that Eric is coming home this fall because if he changes his mind and stays through January then Staci might want to stick with her original plan and visit him over winter break. He says he's going to buy his ticket home very soon though.

Have a great day.

No chill-out day for us today. We have to number and label 200 backpacks that are sitting ALL OVER the living room. We start packing next Friday and then each week thereafter except Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. Tomorrow we go to Sams and Wal-Mart to get the rest of the food we need.

Heidi ~ we enjoyed St. Maarten and St. Thomas on our Valor cruise. Both beautiful islands.

Rick ~ good luck with the backpack labeling today!

It has cooled off and is nice weather here too. But yesterday, the smoke came in so I stayed inside all day. I'm sure the smoke is from the fire near Bend. They don't think it will be out until it rains or snows. :(

Good morning!

It's a beautiful day here but as I type this I am watching the emergency vehicles at our neighbors house. There's an ambulance and a fire truck there. The woman who lives there is running a day care center out of the house. I sure hope nothing bad happened to one of the kids. Of course, I hope nothing real bad happened, period (child or adult). They have only lived there a few months. I don't know them but we can sure hear them though. The kids are outside a lot and make A LOT of noise.

I'm working lunch today and then tonight we are going to Benihana (Japanese steak house) for dinner. Dave's birthday was Tuesday but I had to work that night and he has a $30.00 off birthday coupon that will only be honored through today. I guess they give you 2 days before and 2 days after your birthday to use it.

Well, the emergency vehicles just left but due to trees partially blocking my view I couldn't tell if they loaded anyone into the ambulance or not but I think they must have because now I hear the sirens so they must be rushing to the hospital. I'll say a prayer for them.

Have a good day.

Edited by HeidiHo

Another beautiful Fall morning here! Hopefully, with no smoke! None so far, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Heidi ~ that's scary about the ambulance across the street. Hope it was nothing serious.

Well, we got some great news yesterday! For over FIVE YEARS we have been fighting our state Water Resources department over an irrigation well we want to drill in order to plant more hay and put pivot irrigation on the land. We have spent many tens of thousands of dollars on lawyers, hydro-geologists, test well...over $80,000. We FINALLY got word yesterday that they are going to issue the permit. This has been a long and stressful process, and all we want to do is put more land into production!! You'd think we were asking to spread nuclear waste on the land or something. I won't be celebrating TOO hard until we actually HAVE the permit in our hands, but the department called our water master yesterday and told him they are going to issue the permit. Hallelujah!!!!!

Spent the day transferring 200 knapsacks from our living room to our distribution center....yay!!! Went shopping for the last of the food before we start packing next Friday. Had a pleasant surprise...two volunteers showed up at the school unannounced and help us put out the food for next week for the packers......sure was appreciated after all we had been thru in the morning! Also gives us a "day off" next Thursday instead of putting the food out. We maintain an inventory that we don't want the volunteers to touch so we can keep track of it. We have to keep track of all of it because so much is purchased thru grants and we are accountable to the grantors for their donation. Therefore, we have to transfer that week's menu to "packing tables" so they don't go near the inventory.

Morning!

Robin ~ good to see you here! Been to any Duck games this year?

Heidi ~ did you find out what happened yesterday across the street with the ambulance? Hope all is well.

Rick ~ sounds like the backpack project keeps you guys busy!

Deer hunting season starts here tomorrow. I hate it. We allow a friend/neighbor to hunt because he helps us all the time when we need an extra hand around here. He has an uncle that lives on the Oregon coast, so he brings fresh salmon, oysters and other fresh fish for Dave (I don't eat fish).

Each year we have a fish feed at the beginning of hunting season with the fish he brings. We will do that tomorrow evening at our house. Greg & Mallory are bringing their boat down to store it here for the winter, so they will get in on the fish feed. They both love fish. I will make something else for myself.

We don't allow any other hunters on our property. I grew up with hunting, but I hate it more the older I get. I love my deer and antelope! So we don't allow any antelope hunting and only this friend gets to deer hunt. And I spend every hunting season hoping they do NOT get a deer.

You wouldn't believe the people that come out of the woodwork during hunting seasons around here ~ and there are a LOT of different seasons (bow and rifle seasons for both deer and antelope and then youth seasons, it's crazy) ~ and then we have people that when we say "no", they argue! I told you guys about the aquaintance that bugged us about antelope hunting and then his wife asked me in the grocery store and couldn't believe we said no. I found out that she was STILL talking about it weeks later at her daughter-in-law's baby shower!! Mallory was there and the woman was still talking about it. Mallory stuck up for me and said "Sue loves her antelope, they're her friends"! People are just clueless sometimes.

Edited by momofzeke

Good afternoon Cupids,

Sue, I work with allot of people that hunt. I would not approve of this except that all of them eat what they hunt and do not do it just for the sport. There is a limit to the number of deer that can be hunted according to the estimated population. It is a necessary evil because if not done the population would get to big. I also know a few hunters that go after the wild pigs that is now wrecking havoc in our state.

Heidi, hope there wasn't anything too serious occurring at your neighbors home and that all people involved are okay.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Later,

Dave

After all the work we have done this week, tonight belongs to us! We will get a six foot sub for the folks at the Lodge later this afternoon then grab a couple of subs for us and take them plus a couple of bottles of red stuff to the beach for sunset and then gazing upon the Harvest moon which is tonight. (I get to have the red stuff because I am now off the antibiotics and seem to have survived that nasty infection.) Tomorrow I have a meeting all morning and then a special dinner to attend tomorrow night so it's back to business as usual.......

Sue, I know you said deer and antalope but I certainly hope you don't have any elk there as I would feel very uncomfortable if I knew you allowed hunting of ELKs......LOL!

Good Morning Cupid's! :D

I am enjoying a quiet day today. I don't have to work and Dave is at a golf outing. I'm going to go do a little shopping in a bit. The weather is gorgeous but cool. It's definitely Fall.

We Skyped with Eric yesterday. He must be really lonely because we started the call around 3:30 but I had to leave at 4:10 for work but Dave told me that they kept talking until about 7:00. :eek: Good think Skype is free. Now he says he's coming home in late October. He has told the school that he's leaving and they already have a replacement that is shadowing him. He's planning his last day to be around Oct. 12th and then he's going to do a little travelling before he comes home. I don't think he's left the city of Hanoi since he got there and it would be silly for him to come home without doing a little travelling.

I never did find out what happened at my neighbors house and since we don't know them we probably never will. Dave said he saw and ambulance there a few weeks ago. Maybe they have an elderly person living there. I know that in my mom's later years she took a few rides to the hospital in an ambulance. In fact, here's kind of a funny story about that. My parents lived in a rather small town (Dad still lives there) and the local funeral home director is also on the rescue squad so a couple of times when my mom needed an ambulance the funeral director showed up at the house and she would say something like, "I'm not ready for you yet!" LOL. At least she had a sense of humor about it.

Well, I need to get going if I want to get some stuff done today. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Morning!

College Football Saturday!! Just watched a package on College GameDay where Snoop Dogg was talking about our amazing running back, De Anthony Thomas, who played for Snoop back in pee wee football (Snoop was a coach). Snoop gave him the nickname Black Mamba because he is so fast, and that name stuck. We also call him DAT for his initials. He's a phenom, and only a sophomore. Ducks play at 7:30 tonight. GO DUCKS! :D

Ha Ha, Rick, no we have no Elk here, but I wouldn't be letting anyone hunt them if we did. ;) I grew up with hunting, my dad & brother both hunt and Dave and Greg love venison so they used to hunt but haven't in years. As you can imagine, hunting is very very popular in this rural community, so it's not like I am against people hunting....I just don't want them hunting "MY" deer and antelope! I have no problem with hunting for meat...after all, I make my living raising meat (which I am in total denial about as most of you know...they leave here fat and happy to go to grass and after that I don't want to know about it :rolleyes:).

Heidi, I'll bet you're glad Eric decided to come home earlier than expected. I guess now you and Staci can really plan your cruise. It will be nice to have Eric home in time for the holidays.

Very nice here, a bit cooler but beautiful. I love Fall weather. This is the first weekend in September that we have not been in Eugene. I'm happy to be able to stay home today. I love the games, but 4 in a row is a bit much. It's a 4 hour drive each way for us to go to Eugene.

Greg & Mal will be here probably early afternoon. Our fish feed is around 6:30 tonight. I'm making cheesy potatoes and a yummy chicken and rice casserole that I love. I am weird....I absolutely love casseroles. I would choose a casserole over a steak most of the time. My family thinks I'm crazy, but that's just how I roll! :p

Brian is so happy to have a weekend at home. He's got some projects to finish before the weather gets bad, like staining their fence and deck. He has hardly been able to just be in his new home since they bought it in August. We'll miss having them here, but I know he needs this time at home.

Have a great weekend, everyone! :D

Good morning Cupids,

It's wet here today. Has been raining continually nice I woke up this morning. Perfect day to watch tv and become a potato. :D

Heidi, enjoy your day shopping.

Sue, enjoy the fish fry and visiting with Greg and Mal.

Rick, hope you had a great evening.

Dave

For the first time in my life I have 2 cruises booked (and 2 countdown clocks). That sure makes waiting for our Cupid's cruise a little easier. Staci and I are sailing on the Grand Princess on January 5th. We will be going so San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cays. I've been to all of these ports except Princess Cays. Staci has been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten but she was only 12 when we went there. I went to San Juan on my 1st cruise back in 1985. Now I can't wait to go.

All i can say is I really love the new job situation.... but I have a love/hate relatinship with the weekends..... love my 3 day weekends off but hate my weekends of doubles..... guess which one this is:(..... 16 hours of sleep since Friday morning and 39 hours of work..... come on 4:00 I need a nap....

I guess it is Fall....the seed pods on the palm trees are in full bloom. The days are mostly in the 80's although today is supposed to be 91 and the nights are definitely getting slightly cooler....down in the low 70's, hi 60's. I know October is beautiful almost everywhere but here in the deep South October is absolutely gorgeous as we lose most if not all the humidity while the temps are in the low 80's during the day and there is little rain.

Morning!!

Ducks won! Had a nice evening with our friends and Greg & Mal. They all enjoyed the fish and oysters...I enjoyed my chicken. :p The friend who brings the fish also brought pies his wife made....super yummy marionberry pie!

The kids just headed out. It is a gorgeous day here today.

Heidi ~ how fun to have TWO cruises booked!! You & Staci will have a great time. That's really funny about your friend and Andy.

Renee ~ wishing the day to go swiftly for you, and get you closer to the next 3-day weekend!!