*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good Morning!

I really hate Mother's Day just because I always have to work and work sucks because of how busy we are. Have a great day. :)

Ah yes, Mother's Day..... I get to serve bisquits and gravy at the Lodge for the Mother's Day brunch. We have a woman Chairperson of the Board who decided that 1. the men should do all the cooking, 2. we would serve nothing but breakfast foods, 3. we won't start until 11:30 in the morning and go until 2:00. Why would you cook breakfast food; eggs, sausage, etc. at lunch time? Unfortunately the only people that will come to a breakfast (lunch) are the cooks and their spouses! And this was decided by a woman????

Plante's family, love the picks. Good looking family.

Hope everyone is doing well. We had storms earlier today and could have more later tonight.

We leave for Disney World in just a little more than 7 weeks. I've been planning this trip. Hope to see one oft HS buds that lives in the Orlando area.

Later,

Dave

Well you guessed it....backpack day. The food bank had a wonderful gift for us yesterday. They re-packed bags of beans and rice into 1# baggies so we could give it to the kids. We couldn't give them beans or rice because the bags were too big and heavy for the kids to carry and they took too much room in the backpacks. I have to personally go to one of the schools we service today to pick up empty bags and then return them full of food. This was probably the last time we go to the food bank this season as we have been re-stocking our food for next year. (All of it is non-perishable and our distribution center is air-conditioned so nothing will spoil.)

Good Morning!

I'm up early today. We want to be on the road by about 9:00 AM. Of course my back is acting up right when we are going to be moving Staci so no heavy lifting for me. It's not bad but just feels like it's on the verge of going out. I'll have to be careful.

It's cold and rainy here but is supposed to be about 10 degrees warmer in Normal so that's good.

Have a good weekend. :)

Plante's Family: what an adorable family!! Once again, welcome to our little group!

Heidi - have a great time & tell Staci congrats!

Rick - have fun cooking breakfast at lunchtime! ;)

We leave later this morning to go to Bend for Mother's Day weekend with the kids.

Have a great weekend, & Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.

thanks for the kind comments, we love meeting new people on a cruise and have fun!

We think its a big parts of what make a cruise from fun to awesome!!!

Cant wait!!!

Btw: keep trying to buy a FTTF pass no luck so far! SOLD OUT!!!

Edited by inlinesick

thanks for the kind comments, we love meeting new people on a cruise and have fun!

We think its a big parts of what make a cruise from fun to awesome!!!

Cant wait!!!

Btw: keep trying to buy a FTTF pass no luck so far! SOLD OUT!!!

I bought ours a couple of weeks ago. At that time there was 2 left. I am not sure about it, but the idea of getting to our cabin any sooner to drop off carry ons sounds good. We get in Miami the night before. I will be sooo ready to get my "BREEZE" on.

Good evening Cupids,

Heidi, good luck on moving day tomorrow. I feel for you. My back has been acting up for over a week. I've had short bouts of sciatica but this is the worst. Hope it's better soon. I have a 5 hour drive to Lubbock next weekend.:(

Rick, you just keep way too busy. Enjoy the kids and doing the backpacks.

Dave

Dave: I have what the doctor calls a "lousy back"! I just call it painful......At any rate I will finally get to see a surgeon June 7th. In the meantime I bought a set of magnetic belts (for the wrist, the knee, the neck and especially for the lower back) at Amazon for $30.00 and believe it or not they work! I can walk MUCH better with the magnets on. You might want to try it.......

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms on this roll call, I hope you have a great day ...

We just got some great news about our cruise on the splendor in 11 weeks, my sisters family that will be coming with us has been trying to decide what to do, final payment is next week , they really do not have the money now that her son has been so sick with lukemia, she has been out of work for 6 months and now Mark has some heart issues from the chemo and they have extra bills but she just felt that they really needed this trip as a family, so Make a wish foundation called her the other day and they are paying the entire trip for her entire family. I am so happy for all of them and a big thank you to make a wish for making this happen for them.

Gail

Edited by keene state mom

I bought ours a couple of weeks ago. At that time there was 2 left. I am not sure about it, but the idea of getting to our cabin any sooner to drop off carry ons sounds good. We get in Miami the night before. I will be sooo ready to get my "BREEZE" on.

You'll love it!!! or i coud get it of your hands!!

Good Afternoon and Happy Mother's Day.

I had to work today but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. We were busy but things went pretty smoothly, until a lady collapsed in the bathroom, that is. I was standing at the host stand when a woman came up to me and told me that a woman had collapsed so I went in there to check and sure enough, a woman was down and another woman was cradling her head in her lap but no one had called 911 yet so I did. she woman was concious but wasn't making any sense. We later found out she was deaf so that's at least part of the reason we were having trouble communicating with her. Within a couple of minutes there were 2 nurses in there to help. One of them was one of our servers. She just finished nursing school so when the 911 operator kept asking questions I decided to hand my phone over to my co-worker that was one of the nurses and then I got out of the way. After leaving the bathroom a man told me he was an EMT and asked if he could he help so I took him in there too. Of course, a few minutes later the ambulance arrived. I really don't know what happened but I think she was diabetic so it could have had something to do with that.

We just got some great news about our cruise on the splendor in 11 weeks, my sisters family that will be coming with us has been trying to decide what to do, final payment is next week , they really do not have the money now that her son has been so sick with lukemia, she has been out of work for 6 months and now Mark has some heart issues from the chemo and they have extra bills but she just felt that they really needed this trip as a family, so Make a wish foundation called her the other day and they are paying the entire trip for her entire family. I am so happy for all of them and a big thank you to make a wish for making this happen for them.

Gail

Gail - how wonderful for your sister and her family. My daughter's sorority participated ins a sorority/fraternity dance competition every year where all the proceeds went to the Make a Wish Foundation. They raised thousands of dollars every year. I hope your nephew goes into remission.

Dave is busy cooking tonight. I came home from work and he was busy making sangria and now he's getting food ready for the grill. he's doing shrimp scampi and asparagus.

Have a great night.

Had a wonderful weekend with the kiddos! Actually, we only saw Staci briefly before she left to go to Portland Friday evening, but we did get to say hi and see her engagement ring, which is gorgeous!

Spent Saturday looking at property around the Bend area, and found a couple we liked pretty well, but we think we are still a few years away from being ready to sell our ranch and move to Central Oregon.

Had a lovely brunch yesterday, then headed home. Very nice Mother's Day weekend!

Some of you saw my pics on Facebook about the cow that had a calf, but her bag was huge and completely plugged so that the baby wasn't able to suck at all (nurse). We had to get them in and Dave milked the cow out, and his hands were about to fall off by the time he got all 4 tits unplugged and milked out enough for the calf to be able to get some milk out of there. Calfie caught on right away once we put her next to the cow in the squeeze chute (the bottom part comes off so her legs and bag are accessible) and put her mouth up to mom's bag. They are doing fine, although mom is very mad at us and would dearly love to smash us and stomp us down. They are behind the barn now so we can keep an eye on them and make double sure calf is getting enough milk.

Went to the dentist yesterday, one of my least favorite things to do. :( Just a routine exam & cleaning, and no problems so I'm good for another year.

Dave & Rick ~ sorry about the back problems. I know that isn't fun.

Gail ~ what a nice thing for your family to get to go on their cruise. Make A Wish foundation is a great charity!

Heidi ~ glad Mother's Day wasn't too bad at OG....too bad about the lady that collapsed, but sounds like she was well taken care of and hopefully she is ok. Nice of Dave to cook dinner for you on Mother's Day!

FTTF: I had not yet decided whether to buy it, but sounds like my decision has already been made if they are sold out already for our cruise. I didn't realize they only sold a limited number of them, but that makes sense because if everyone bought it, I guess it would defeat the whole purpose of having it since there would be too many folks all trying to board early.

Good Afternoon.

FTTF: I had not yet decided whether to buy it, but sounds like my decision has already been made if they are sold out already for our cruise. I didn't realize they only sold a limited number of them, but that makes sense because if everyone bought it, I guess it would defeat the whole purpose of having it since there would be too many folks all trying to board early.

I think it's possible that they will open up some more for sale. Not sure about that but it seems to me I heard it might depend on how many platinum or diamond cruisers book a sailing. I'm not sure about that, I just think I might have heard it here on CC.

It's gorgeous here today. Supposed to be in the mid 80's. :D Yesterday morning it was supposedly down to about 30 degrees. LOL. Unfortunately I won't really get to enjoy the weather today because I worked this morning at the agency and work at the OG tonight. I'm off tomorrow though and it should be nice then too. I think Staci and I are going shopping. She needs a good interview suit.

Howdy Cupids,

Saw the Doc today and he put me on muscle relaxers and a z-pack. Only taking half the dose of the muscle relaxer while at work but will take the full about later.

Hope all is well everywhere.

The company I work for is now calling for layoffs caused by "Sequestration". They may even shut the plant down this summer for a couple weeks.:mad: Wish they would tell us what they are planning. I have a trip scheduled and could cancel it if they give me enough time.

Dave

Good Morning!

Howdy Cupids,

Saw the Doc today and he put me on muscle relaxers and a z-pack. Only taking half the dose of the muscle relaxer while at work but will take the full about later.

Dave - my doctor gave me muscle relaxers for my back but they don't seem to help much. I don't need them right now anyway. My back is pretty good. I picked up a Z-pak for Staci yesterday. She has a nasty sinus infection. She has never taken that before. Hopefully she won't be allergic to it. She's already allergic to penicillin and sulfa drugs. She was at the doctor just for her regular check up on Monday and she had a bad cough so she talked to the doctor about it. The doctor said she had a sinus infection so she prescribed the z-pak. When Staci went to the pharmacy to pick it up they had no record of it. :confused: At the time Staci wasn't feeling very bad so she decided not to bother with it. She didn't think she needed it. Well, then Tuesday night she started to feel lousy so yesterday I called the doctor back and they faxed in the prescription again. No one seems to know what happened to the 1st one. Anyway, she would have already been 2 days into the z-pak by then and maybe never would have gotten so bad if they hadn't lost the prescription.

Have a great day. :)

We are getting some much needed rain! Sprinkled on & off yesterday, and cloudy today....hope we get more.

I think the kids are coming for the weekend. Brian has to stay at his office until 7 tonight for a downtown event, but I hope he will still come. A lot of times they don't leave Bend until 8 pm anyway, so hopefully Greg& Mal will wait for him. Staci is out of town for a girlfriend's bachelorette party, so she won't be coming.

Have a great weekend!

Good morning Cupids,

Heidi, the Z-pack s a steroid, so most people are not allergic to them. My back and leg is better and I go to PT Monday.

Sue, glad to hear about the rain. I'm glad we got some rain Wednesday but did not need the 16 tornadoes. A co-worker lost his shop and a car he was restoring. He is still looking for trailer that blew away.:eek:

Dave

Well, ring-a-ding-dig it's my birthday today and I am now 72 years young! We have a busy day today so we celebrated last night at a teppanyaki restaurant and then stopped by the Lodge for a "quick one". Well we ended up having several "quick ones" since other people were buying and as a result we closed the place! Today there is bus load of people going to the ELK youth camp (rated by Ohio State as the #1 camp in the US!) then returning to the Lodge late this afternoon for dinner served by us'n. After dinner there will be entertainment and a full-size sheet cake for dessert with...well you can probably guess what it will say.