*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Hi, LesJazz/Ilaga here. I am at work and I can't find the correct site for our cruise on 2/14/14.:confused: Can someone find me and help me get to that site?

Thank You so Much:o:o

Hey Flick,

We will be at the Lodge with you to celebrate that Birthday. I am trying to figure out a way to have a team to give you your "well deserved patty-wacks!!" Don't worry, by the time it comes to being at the Lodge, Jerry and I will have it all figured out. Have a very happy and blessed day.

Barb

Good afternoon.

We took the dog and the cat to the vet today. For the dog it was just her annual appointment. She had all her shots and her blood tests to check the level of phenobarbital in her system. She takes it daily since she has seizures otherwise. We took the cat to try and find out why she is acting so strange. He mentioned 2 things, hyperthyroidism and kidney disease. He drew blood on her too. We won't have results for a few days though. The poor thing has lost so much weight. She weighs just under 5 pounds right now. She is a small cat and has never been overweight but she probably weighed close to 10 pounds in her prime. I know she's old and there may not be much we can do for her but if medication can help we will at least do that. The constant meowing is driving us crazy. We aren't sleeping very well because of it.

It is so nice to finally have warm weather. We are really enjoying it. I have to get started on my flowers pretty soon.

Have a good weekend. :)

Good evening Cupids,

Happy Bday Rick.

So I wasn't around yesterday but made a quick trip to Lubbock to visit Bettie's dad and to see Bettie. She is visiting her dad and will be home later this week. I have PT in the morning so had to make it a quick trip.

Will be back later,

Dave

Busy week ahead and we're not even going to get to do backpacks! Laundry today plus a visit to the Manasota Lodge plus trivia tonight at our Lodge. Tomorrow is reserved for service men to come to the house (air conditioning tune-up etc.) Wednesday Kay and I read to two first grade classes a book about preventing child abuse...Hmmm, Thursday is free, oh yeah need to pack. Friday leave at crack of dawn for ELK State Convention at Disney World for the weekend and then on Sunday drive to New Port Richey to see friends and play a LOT of cards..home Monday afternoon

Hi, LesJazz/Ilaga here. I am at work and I can't find the correct site for our cruise on 2/14/14.:confused: Can someone find me and help me get to that site?

You are on cruise critic. What were u needing ? If you want roll call go to roll call page go breeze 1st ship. Scroll down till you find date

Ha! So much for thinking Thursday was free (see last post by me.) We just remembered a volunteer breakfast for us at the school where we pack backpacks thursday morning. Oh well, still plenty of time to pack for Orlando weekend. Bless pete, Kay has been looking forward to reading to the first graders for almost a year now so what happens...you guessed it..Laryngitis! On top of that a bad infection that will keep her out of the classroom tomorrow. One VERY sad woman!!!

Edited by Flick

Since we are an Official Group Cruise, this Roll Call is on the main Carnival board, and not on the Roll Call board. Go to Forum Jump at the bottom of the page, click on Carnival Cruise Lines and then you just have to scroll through the pages until you find us.

OR: another way to find this thread is to go to Forum Jump (bottom of page) and click on Roll Calls > Carnival > Carnival Breeze > then scroll through the pages to find Heidi's post titled "Breeze 02/15/2014 Southern Caribbean". Click on that thread, and the first post is from Heidi. She has a link to this Official Roll Call thread in her post. Just click on the link and it will bring you to this thread....then just go to the last page to find the most recent posts.

Had a nice time with the kiddos this weekend. Greg, Mal and Brian came for the weekend. Staci was in Cali for a bachelorette weekend for a friend of hers.

We are supposed to get snow tonight. Not really digging that action, but we shall see....

I sure hope all our cruise buddies from Oklahoma are ok!! I know Kathy & Frank are from Oklahoma. I can't find my list that has where everyone is from on it. Can't remember if there are others from OK, but praying for all those folks there.

I sure hope all our cruise buddies from Oklahoma are ok!! I know Kathy & Frank are from Oklahoma. I can't find my list that has where everyone is from on it. Can't remember if there are others from OK, but praying for all those folks there.

We are fine!!!

We live in far north east Oklahoma City. The tornado from Sunday was 1 mile from our house. As a matter of fact we were outside watching the storms along with most of our neighbors and watched that tornado form. It was barely sprinkling and the sun was shining behind us when that happened.

The big one in Moore OK yesterday was about 20 miles south of us. I can not imagine going through what all of these poor people are going through. 2 people from work lost their houses yesterday. They will have a long road ahead of them.

Spring in OK is not fun. 3 weeks ago we had large hail and had $12,000 (mostly for a new roof) damage to our house, 3 of our 4 cars had damage for a total of $18,000. One of the cars had $9,000 in damage and was "totaled" by our insurance company. It was an 11 year old car that my DS drove. He did a buy back and will keep the very dented up car with just liability insurance now. That car is a Honda Accord and runs perfect. We are still dealing with all of that, at least it wasn't a tornado.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Just busy with everyday life. I do read the thread everyday from my e-mail via my phone, but just do not respond.

Happy late birthday Rick!!!

Dave, I hope your back is better.

Sue, glad you had a good weekend with the kids. Hope you don't get that snow.

Heidi, Has Staci had any luck finding a good job? Have fun having her at home.

All Cupid's have a good week!!!

We are fine!!!

Heidi, Has Staci had any luck finding a good job? Have fun having her at home.

Kathy. Thank God you are OK. I have been thinking about you guys. Staci has not found a job but she hasn't really done any looking since she got home. She's been kind of busy getting organized here at home and she and her friends are leaving for Vegas on Thursday morning. Dave keeps bugging her about finding a job but I figure she deserves a little break but once she's home from Vegas I want her to start looking seriously

Well we are now back home. Started the day with a breakfast meeting with the sheriff and then Kay and I went to an elementarty school to read a book and distribute finger puppets to first graders. What a riot...me sitting in a rock chair with 20 some kids sitting on the floor in front of me while I read and we talked about Sexual abuse on children and what they should do to stop it. (Example: In a mall the child gets lost. Look for someone who has a badge AND a gun. Rent-a-cops don't carry guns and a preditor may be posing as a cop to lure you away from Mom and Dad.) Also distibuted finger puppets that could be "used" as stand-ins for the child when he talks to an adult about possible abuse. Had a blast!!! Found a good way to explain "private parts of the body"......whatever is covered by a swimsuit.

Good Evening!

Is someone is on the look out for price drop, i am ill let you guys know if i see something.

I check every now and then but last time I checked, our cabin was $180.00 per person more than it was when we booked so I'm not really expecting anything. those of you who booked more recently though might see a price drop since you probably paid more to begin with. I know that Carnival has dropped prices drastically on a lot of cruises since all their recent issues but those cruises were sailing soon. I don't think they'll be looking to drop the prices on ours for a while yet since it's still a long way off. Please let us know if you see anything drops though.

Not much has been going on here. Today is my day off. I was going to go buy flowers to plant but then it rained so I decided to wait. I'll do it on Saturday probably.

Have a good evening. :)

I tried to check prices tonight but it looks like the 8C balconies are currently sold out. That's what we booked. Of course, it's possible they will become available again later, especially once final payment nears. That's when people start to cancel.

Good evening Cupids,

Kathy, good to hear from you and glad you missed those tornados. I drove a hail damaged car for a few years. Looked like a rolling golf ball because of all the dings and it was while. :D

Heidi, I agree about the price drop. We may see it this fall once the travel agents and booking companies start to release cabins they have on hold. I don't think I will see any price changes in my cabin since we are in an OS.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Dave

Kathy ~ so glad you guys are ok! Thanks for checking in with us.

I had some mild pain in my neck & chest area a couple weeks ago, so I had to have a stress test at the hospital, which turned out perfectly fine. The pains went away, and I think it might have been allergy related.

Then I had my mammo last week....results came back negative.

Yesterday I had my blood draw at the hospital to check my cholesterol, which did not turn out so good. It has jumped about 60 points from 2 years ago and it was already borderline. So I have to go on a mild cholesterol medicine and then check again in 2 months. My mom, dad and grandparents all had high cholesterol, so I'm really not surprised.

So, in the last few weeks I've had 1 visit to the doctor, 3 hospital visits/tests and 1 visit to the dentist. Enough already!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Good Morning!

Sue - glad that your only issue is the cholesterol. Hopefully you can get that to come down. We should all be eating healthier anyway. So far my cholesterol is OK but every time I have blood work I'm afraid it's going to be high, same with my blood pressure. It was borderline last time. I need to eat better and exercise more. I finally got back on my elliptical machine yesterday for the first time since December. I had stopped because of my back but that's not really a good excuse because my back didn't hurt for 5 months, it was only a few weeks. :o

It has gotten cool here again but at least it's sunny today. Yesterday was cold and damp.

Staci is in Vegas. She and her friends left yesterday morning. I bet they are having a good time. We made the mistake of watching The Hangover on night last week. Now all kinds of horrible things are going through my mind. LOL.

Have a good weekend. :)

Trying to catch up on the posts and to what has been happening with everyone. Seems like things for me never slow down. I usually am unable to sit down till after 9 o'clock and then most of the time, I don't want to get on the computer.

It is 45 degs. here today and cloudy. Low tonight is mid 30's. Great weather. We were planning on going to the motorhome but not tonight just don't want to deal with the cold, so we are planning on going tomorrow at least the sun is supposed to shine with temps in the mid 60's.

As for price drops, we won't be seeing any cause we have an aft-wrap. The schedule for the Breeze for the rest of 2014 and the beginning of 2015 is finally out. We wanted to take the family in either Oct./Nov. 2014 but those prices are just way too high. So I'm not looking at Jan. 2015 which is more reasonable. My husband wants to take our granddaugther on the Breeze and I really love the ship, so I'm okay with that. I am looking at other options though with possibly trying either NCL or RCI. The new NCL Getaway looks interesting. If anyone has any input on

RCI or NCL, I'm open to ideas. Thanks.

Have a great day, Donna

Good afternoon Cupids,

Sue, heard about an eathquake in northern CA. Did you feel it? Hope you can get those numbers in check. I don't have a problem with cholesterol but with triglyserides.

It's been warm here with scattered showers. We expect a warm weekend with some rain tomorrow.

We have 29 days until WDW. It will be our first time. I have reservations each day that Bettie doesn't have meetings. On Monday we are doing the Terrace Wishes Dessert Party. It starts at 9pm and we dine on all kinds of desserts and beverages then we get a front row seat for the fireworks show. Can't wait.

Later,

Dave

Well, it's another chilly Memorial Day weekend. It will only get up to about 60 today and there is rain in the forecast for the whole weekend. It's not raining now though. Good thing because Dave is golfing. I don't think it's going to be a wash out or anything though, maybe just some showers. I will probably go by my flowers today. I am off today but will work Sunday and Monday nights, my usual schedule.

Have a great day.

I forgot to tell you about a funny thing that happened to me yesterday. You know you are addicted to cruising when something like this happens. I was on Facebook when I saw someone had posted a cartoon. Before I even really looked at the cartoon my brain zeroed in on a few words like Liberty, Valor and Freedom (Carnival ship names). The first thing my brain registered was that it must be a cartoon about cruising. A split second later I really saw the whole cartoon and realized it wasn't about cruising at all and it wasn't even funny. It was about Memorial Day and was a drawing of tombstones, each with a patriotic word on each one. Talk about feeling stupid. It's just the way my brain was working though. It saw cruise words before it took in the whole picture. Like I said, you know you are addicted to cruising when something like that happens. :o

Good evening Cupids,

Today hasn't been a wash out but it has not been a great day. We have had showers off and on all afternoon. It only got into the low 80s. Tomorrow will be better with a very low chance of rain and a high of 84.

Heidi, hope Dave had a good game. There's a big one going on in Fort Worth this weekend, The Colonial Classic. I've never been but they usually have rain sometime over the weekend.

Dave

Quiet Memorial Weekend here. Just life as usual for us this weekend, nothing special.

Dave ~ yes, there was a 5.7 earthquake which was centered about 150 miles from us in northern CA. We didn't feel anything here, although I've heard they felt it as far south as San Francisco! Not too much damage from what I've heard.

Still waiting for a test pump on our well. We have it scheduled for Wednesday morning, so at last we will get to find out what we have.

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!

We're back from Rodent Land (Orlando) and the ELK Convention. Had very hot weather but not a cloud in the sky. Friday night we were sitting by the lake at our Mouse Resort at 8:30 (taking a break from the smoke and drinks and hi-jinks in the hospitality suite) when we looked up and watched a rocket launch. We were able to track it for 5 minutes. Later that night they announced on the news that there had been a military satellite launched. It was so crystal clear and hot that we spent an hour at the pool Saturday morning and I got a very deep tan. I look like I've been tanning for months! Today has also been a beautiful day as we visited friends in New Port Richie and played cards (double pinuchle). The girls were winning the last game and my partner said I needed a meld hand of 87 to beat them....I pulled a 94 out of the air. The girls were NOT happy!.I've never had a hand that good......in my life!

Edited by Flick

Got some MUCH needed rain last night!! This drought is the pits. We have the senior water right, but are the last ranch on the creek. So in other words, there are lots of ranches that the creek runs through BEFORE it gets to us and with all of them irrigating, there is not much left for us by the time it gets to our place. We have the right to tell them to quit irrigating so the water flows in the creek to our place. We rarely ever do that, but this year we did. Dave called the water master this morning and he is going to take care of it. We hate to do it, but they have been getting to use the water for a couple of months, so now it's our turn. If we wanted to be mean, we could have made them all leave the water in the creek since irrigating season began and then they would have no hay crop. We have the legal right to do that, but we would never do it. Everyone is just trying to make a living.

I found a tick on Callie, but luckily it wasn't attached yet. It was crawling on her back, so I got my tweezers and picked it up and flushed it down the toilet. Then I had the heebee jeebies all night, because I had been hugging her and snuggling her before I found that dang thing! So I checked myself thoroughly and checked her again too to make sure there weren't more of those hideous creatures!