*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

YAY! The Five Daves, reunited!! Sure hope Rich & Sue can make it. They are lots of fun. I know they always book last minute.

Big game for our #2 Duckies today vs #16 Washington Huskies, our sworn enemies! GameDay on ESPN is being broadcast from Seattle, where the game is. We've beat them nine years in a row, so we'd like to make it an even decade! Go Ducks!

Big game in Texas today, Texas vs Oklahoma. There's allot of Orange and Red on the tv today.

Sure hope Rich and Sue decides to cruise with us. They are a hoot.

Sue, hope your Ducks have an easy win.

Dave

I have all the excursions booked except something to do after we get back to Miami. Our flight isn't until 3:30. That would be a long wait at the airport.

Dave

What did you decide on for Curacao? That is the only place we don't have anything planned for. Also not set on the plans in Aruba. I have the Kukoo Kunuku Open Air Bus and Beach Beak booked, but the latest reviews are not very good.

Also anyone going to the Steak House??? I was thinking about it, but not sure. We only went once and missed our time in the MDR. But it was an excellent meal!

Heidi - When you get your list of cruisers you won't see my name. I go by Kathy, but that is not my given name. You will see Frank's name and that woman listed with him is really me. :D

Frank's other woman, now that's funny.:D

Kathy, we are doing the Discover Curacao Island tour in Curacao and the Best of Aruba Island Tour in Aruba. This may be the only time we see these islands and I want to see more than the beach.

We haven't booked the Steakhouse. Not sure if I will.

Hope all have an nice weekend.

Just one more thing.

Go Longhorns!

I must of made a mistake when I looked at the FTTF and notice that there are 2 left as of right now. I see that they put F2F on my luggage tag. Now I had a guarantee cabin and on the luggage tag says TBA but now they already assigned me a cabin..do you think they will fix the tags?

David....:D

Heidi - When you get your list of cruisers you won't see my name. I go by Kathy, but that is not my given name. You will see Frank's name and that woman listed with him is really me. :D

Haha, let's hope we don't have more than one Frank in the group or else I won't know who you are.

The funeral we went to today was very interesting. I was raised in a boring old church that was very quiet and sang only the old hymns, etc. I guess you would say this church was gospel. I was hoping they would have a full gospel choir but they didn't. The couple of soloists that sang though sang gospel songs and they were very good. The service was just so much louder and energetic than what I was raised in and much more vocal participation from the congregation. It was a very nice service. My mom sure would have hated it but I liked it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

DUCKS WIN!!!! Great win for us against our most hated rivals, Washington Huskies! Next week we are back in Autzen, which is good news because it means we get to see the kiddos and granddaughter Lily!!!

Wow, I soooooooo did not expect Texas to blow out Oklahoma in the Red River Rivalry! Sorry, Kathy. Congrats, Dave.

Steakhouse: don't think we will go. We have never tried the steakhouse because we always enjoy the dining room so much. One of these days I guess we should try it, but I hate to pay for good when you can get it for free in the dining room.

Marathon Dave, thanks for the info about Sue & Rich.

This week Dave & I need to build some fence and the weather has turned cold and rainy. :mad: Hope it improves! I love helping him outside when the weather is nice, but when it's cold.....not so much!

BTW how many tender ports on this cruise?

None! So I guess we won't be able to take advantage of the priority tendering that FTTF gets us. Oh, well, I don't like tender ports anyway.

This reminds me, I did something embarrassing on our last cruise. Staci and I were on the Grand Princess and we were supposed to have priority tendering. We went to Princess Cay which is a tender port. I don't think there was any line at all to get off the ship so we didn't need priority tendering then but getting back to the ship there was a long line. We went right to the front of the line and showed my card so they would see we had priority tendering. The crew let us right on the tender. After we got back to our cabin Staci was reading the paper that listed our perks and she saw that we only had priority tendering LEAVING the ship, not going back to the ship. Oops! I would have NEVER done that if I had known. :o I just misunderstood the perk. In my defense, the crew should have sent us to the back of the line instead of letting us board.

Edited by HeidiHo

I have a quick question, we are actually booked with early saver, and canadian rates are 500$ lower for the same category. So the question is, can i do something about it? if i canceled, i'll lose too much money to make it worth while. While going on carnival website i can't see early saver, why??

im pretty pissed off, its the last time ill book in advance like that:mad:

I have a quick question, we are actually booked with early saver, and canadian rates are 500$ lower for the same category. So the question is, can i do something about it? if i canceled, i'll lose too much money to make it worth while. While going on carnival website i can't see early saver, why??

I just read that Early Saver has been put on hold during a National Sale. Also, I read recently that Carnival may be getting rid of the Early Saver rate. All this could be possible. Maybe Heidi has more information since she is a TA now.

Dave

Early saver would be gone now anyway because it goes away 5 months prior to sailing on the longer cruises. It actually went away a long time ago for our cruise because Carnival replaced it with the Fall and Winter sale. Now it's cruise vacation month sale. You should be able to get a price drop for any rate you qualify for. All I can say is call whoever you booked with. If you are booked in the group then call Erin at Crucon.

I just read that Early Saver has been put on hold during a National Sale. Also, I read recently that Carnival may be getting rid of the Early Saver rate. All this could be possible. Maybe Heidi has more information since she is a TA now.

Dave

Carnival is not getting rid of early saver but they are simplifying their rates. They won't have as many as they used to.

Got our fencing project done, and the weather was great. Now we can turn the cows in and let them graze the pivot.

Tomorrow we head to Eugene for another Duck game. Mallory hasn't been feeling great, but has today off work, so hopefully she'll feel well enough to go to Eugene. I would be very sad if i didn't get to see Lily, especially since its my birthday weekend!!

Good morning Cupids,

Sue, glad you had some good weather to finish your fencing project. You have a pretty large place to fence in since Dave showed me it on Google.

Heidi, I was close on the ES. Glad it's staying around for those that book on their own but it's a headache to the TAs as you have stated. I've never booked using it because there are just too many restrictions.

We are having terrific fall weather. Finally receive some much needed rain but could use more.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Dave

Got our fencing project done, and the weather was great. Now we can turn the cows in and let them graze the pivot.

Tomorrow we head to Eugene for another Duck game. Mallory hasn't been feeling great, but has today off work, so hopefully she'll feel well enough to go to Eugene. I would be very sad if i didn't get to see Lily, especially since its my birthday weekend!!

Sue - Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!