*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Had a really nice birthday weekend! Dave and i had a nice dinner at Olive Garden in Eugene Friday night and the kids got to the rental house later. Saturday morning Greg made homemade biscuits & gravy from scratch and Mal made eggs & hashbrowns...delicious! Had a fun day just hanging out and holding and playing with Lily a lot! The Duck game was great - good weather and we won! Nice breakfast out yesterday with all of us and Staci's parents, who were in town for the game. And we have another game this weekend so I'll get to see the kids again on Friday. Woo Hoo!!

My brother and sis-in-law are supposed to come to the game this weekend, but their daughter has a baby due soon, andI haven't heard from them, so I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

Gorgeous weather here, and we have to work cows this week, so it is very welcome! I hate working cows in the cold.

Edited by momofzeke

I called last week regarding the price drops, 10 mins later and 700$ less for us and 400$ for my parents!! was worth the call! beer money!!

That's great!

Congratulations, no price drop in our category. I still can keep wishing.

No price drops in our category either. We have an 8C.

I have been extremely busy these days. That's why I haven't posted. it looks like I'm going to be really busy for another week or so but then hopefully I'll get a little break.

Hope everybody is well. :)

Heidi, I know how two jobs can keep you very busy. I did that several years ago when I was laid off. Never again.

I did check my category todasy and there are no cabin available but there are some above us. Maybe the up-grade fairy will visit between now and the cruise.:D As long as it didn't cost anything.

Dave

Oh, snap. Woke up this morning with a sore throat and aches. No cow work for me, not that I'm super sad about that. We have 3 friends here helping Dave, so I don't feel too guilty. I just really hope I'm over this by Friday so I can go to the game.

I'm not that surprised that I'm sick, Mal was sick last week and Staci the week before that. Brian went home from work sick yesterday. So I guess it's just my turn. :(

Dave, thanks for the links of those reviews. I didn't make it through the 13 page one, but the other one was great. I wish people would write a whole review instead of stretching it out over so many pages with people commenting in between the actual review posts.

A price drop would sure be fantastic, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

Sue, the 13 page review contains allot of photos and she answers allot of questions. It is the same ports we are visiting but Aruba and Curaçao is reversed to our itinerary. Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you are well by this weekends game.

Hello Cupids..

This coming Sunday I will running a 5 mile race and then the following Sunday will be the NYC Marathon!! Can't wait!! Since last year it was cancelled because of Hurricane Sandy.

I am still trying to book the Stingrays tour in Grand Turk. I think I have to call Carnival unless someone hear has a better suggestion...

David....:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Good Evening!

I finally have a tiny bit of a break but I have to prepare an apple dip for a family reunion tomorrow. It's not just the 2 jobs keeping me busy. I go to physical therapy twice a week and I also had an appointment with a chiropractor this week. I'm not going to go for treatment at this time. It was just something I did to help Staci out. Her job is to get people to sign up for a $20.00 evaluation with the chiropractor. she has to get about 60 people signed up in order to complete her training and get a big raise. I did find out that our insurance covers 80% so I might go for treatment after I finish physical therapy. Things should begin to settle down for me next week, I hope.

Sue - I hope you are feeling better.

David - I hope your races go well. Be sure an let us know your bib number and all for the NYC marathon so we can track you like we did the last time.

Have a great weekend.

Hello Cupids...

For those who are interested in tracking me in the ING NYC Marathon you can download an app called ING NYC Marathon. Once downloaded you will go to the part that says track runners. in the search put in my name David Isaacson and press search and my name and bib number will appear. This app and tracking is totally free. The marathon will be on Sunday Nov 3.

The run will be televised.

Hello Cupids...

For those who are interested in tracking me in the ING NYC Marathon you can download an app called ING NYC Marathon. Once downloaded you will go to the part that says track runners. in the search put in my name David Isaacson and press search and my name and bib number will appear. This app and tracking is totally free. The marathon will be on Sunday Nov 3.

The run will be televised.

David, I'll look for the App and track you. Good luck.

We had a very nice time at the family reunion today but had kind of a scary incident on the way home. We were on the tollway, Dave was driving and I was dozing when suddenly we hit something small on the road. Dave didn't see it till the last second. I felt a little bump and he said something like, "Oh shoot" or maybe worse, I don't remember. We were in a construction zone where there was no shoulder at all. Concrete barriers came right up to the sides of the road on both sides. Sure enough, about 30 seconds later the low tire pressure light came on and then we started to feel and hear the flat tire. We had no choice but to keep driving. Dave slowed down a little and turned on the emergency flashers and luckily we came across a very short stretch where there was just a bit of a shoulder. We pulled off but there was barely any room to change the tire and it was very scary. We were really afraid some idiot who was not paying attention would hit us. Dave is certainly capable of changing a tire himself but even he was very uncomfortable being so close to traffic flying past us so I called 911 and they connected me to the state police who sent out roadside services. Once they got there we felt a lot better because he parked right behind us with his big truck with flashing lights so we were more visible and he had a better jack and other tools than Dave had so it only took about 5 minutes to change the tire and we were on our way. This happened when we were still about 45 minutes from home and the odd thing was, it was approximately the same spot where I had a car accident several years ago. I now think that spot is a bad luck spot for us and will always be nervous when we drive past it. My tire is ruined. Dave says there's big gash in it. he said it looked like a small metal thing that we hit.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Heidi, I despise construction areas for the same reason as you. No shoulder to pull over, all types of junk on the road, lighting is awful and too many idiots out their that are not paying attention. Glad you had a good reunion. I took my grandson to the movies today. He is only 9 so not much out there at this moment. We saw Cloudy With a Chance For Meatballs 2. Not Oscar material but he enjoyed it.

David, can't find the app. Found the website and it said it is 2.99. It's not on iTunes. I'll keep looking.

Dave

Hello Cupids!!!

Frank and I spent last week in Galveston. We had a great vacation. I did take today off also, so back to the grind tomorrow. No more vacation days off until the cruise. :(

I did call today to make sure everything is set up for final payment. :D No price decreases for us either. As a matter of fact our balcony went up about $220. It is hard to tell though, our past guest rate we booked with is not available. The past guest rate they have only has cove balconies as a choice. So I subtracted that rate from the current rate I could book a regular balcony on to get the increase. But anyway, It would cost a lot more to book our balcony now than it did when I originally booked about 1 1/2 years ago.

Edited by AKB10

Good Evening!

I forgot the name of the show but on the food Network tonight there is a show with Guy Fieri on the Breeze. i missed the 1st show but it's on again at 11;00 PM central time so I have it set to record. I don't want to stay up to watch it because I have to get up early tomorrow.

I'm afraid our old kitty (17 years old) has decided it's time to join her sister who went to kitty heaven in February. She is still with us but has stopped eating. This is what happened to the 2 cats that I had many years ago so I've seen it happen before. She hasn't eaten in a couple of days and she's already so skinny that I don't think she'll last too long unless she starts eating. I'm sad but I realize that it's just natures way. And who knows, maybe she just has an upset tummy that will go away and she'll start eating again. I'm not holding my breath though. :( I really just kind of hope she'll pass away quietly in her sleep. I really don't want to have to put her to sleep like we for her sister. That was really hard and I was very upset for weeks. i don't want her to suffer though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sue - how are you feeling?

Have a good week.

Good evening Cupids,

Heidi, thanks for the reminder. I set my DVR earlier for the Guy Fieri and Family on the Breeze show. Sorry to hear about your kitty. Our last kitty lived a long time and we finally had her put to sleep instead of suffering. It was hard on both of us. You are in our thoughts.

Sue, I saw your FB post. Sorry you are still not feeling well. Hope your new dog had fun in the snow this morning.

Kathy, you had a little excitement in Galveston yesterday morning with all the rain and high winds. We haven't been down there since our friends sold thier place. Maybe it's time for a trip to Galveston.

Ktravel, we are on the Altos de Chavon excursion in DR.

Dave

Wow, this cold is kicking my butt! Wasn't sure I would be able to go to Eugene, but I felt good enough Friday, so did go. Saturday before the game, I was so tired and didn't know how I was going to muster up the strength to get there, but I loaded up with cold medicine and 5-hour energy and made it! Once we got to the game, the energy of the stadium got me through the night. Another great win for the Ducks!

After we got home Sunday, my cold moved to my chest and now I have a nasty cough. Feel a little better today though. Still coughing but not quite as bad.

Heidi, sorry about the tire, but glad you guys got out of there without any major damage! Sounds scary!

ktravel, we are doing the Altos de Chavon tour in La Romana, with Kathy & Frank, Dave & Bettie, and maybe Heidi & Dave (can't remember if they booked this tour).

We still have snow, and I'm not loving it at all! Woke to snow yesterday morning, and it snowed lightly most of the day. We have a couple of inches, which should melt off soon, I HOPE! Supposed to warm back up in the next day or two, to near 60.

Good Afternoon!

I watched Guy Fieri and Family on the Breeze today. It was pretty interesting but i would have liked to see more of the ship. It mostly focused on the food. Of course, it IS on the "Food Network" and Guy Fieri IS famous for food so I guess that's to be expected. If it was a show about the ship then it would have been on the Travel Channel. I thought it was funny that whenever they showed guy or his family members "working" either in the kitchen or in Guy's Burger joint they were never wearing gloves. Their fingers were touching EVERYTHING and then "supposedly" giving the food to passengers. When they showed "real" workers in the kitchen though they were always wearing gloves. The 2nd half of the show focused on food in Jamaica. It was interesting too but since we aren't even going there I almost turned it off.

Sue - I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by HeidiHo

I am wondering if any one is from KY that is sailing on the Breeze with the Cupids.

I am thinking about booking the 6 day Feb. 23 instead of heading back on the 23rd.

I have not bought our airline tickets yet, so I really need to decide soon.

I am thinking since we are cruising out of Miami, may as well stretch the airfare and get 14 days instead of 8.

Is there anyone doing the Feb 23 sailing also?

Good evening Cupids,

We expect rain tonight and tomorrow. We could possibly receive some really nasty storms.

Sue, sorry you feel bad. Hope you feel better before your next home game.

Heidi, I watched Guy's show this morning, too.it was interesting and I did notice the lack of gloves. I don't think they would have gloves for the youngest but definitely for the 2 older kids. Bettie and took a ship tour on a Princess cruise when we went to Alaska. We receive a chefs coat, robe, pictures and personalize stationary. Was a great tour. There is a behind the scene tour on the Breeze and you have to book it asap you board.

Ktravel, don't know if anyone is from Kentucky.

Ryan, I think there are several that have expressed an interest in visiting Jack's Shack. I'm just not interested in starting rum drinks "before the sun is over the yardarm".:D

Dave