*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

HEIDI What Fairfield did you book?

Fairfield Inn Miami Airport South. We have not stayed there but styed right next door a couple of years ago. The area is OK. Not nice like the 17th street convention area in Ft Lauderdale but it's not awful either. Just kind of old and there's not a lot of restaurants there. We felt safe walking down the main street there but I wouldn't wander into the neighborhood behind the hotel.

Hello Cupids!!!

Dave, I wish they would add the sunset cruise in Curacao. I went and looked, it was not there yet.

I also went to start the check in process. It has me labeled as a male and it is not something I can change. I hope that wont cause a problem later.

I can't complete the check in yet because I don't know if we are driving or flying yet. Frank keeps going back and forth. Last week it was flying and I told him I was ready to book flights last night, but now he is not sure. Next time he says fly I am just going to book the flights. :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Email sent. Check your bookings in a few days to see if it has changed. I asked Erin to check all bookings in the group. I know how that happened. On the Carnival booking engine the default setting is male. You actually have to change it to female or else everyone ends up being male.

Edited by HeidiHo

Email sent. Check your bookings in a few days to see if it has changed. I asked Erin to check all bookings in the group. I know how that happened. On the Carnival booking engine the default setting is male. You actually have to change it to female or else everyone ends up being male.

Thanks Heidi.

Good Morning.

It's not such a good morning here. It's very stormy. We are having thunderstorms and pea sized hail. There are reports of a tornado on the ground South west of us and heading towards Chicago. Dave is at the Bears game. :eek: The tornado is quite far from us right now so hopefully the storm will fall apart before it gets up here. We have not received any tornado warnings yet, just a watch. The game is about to start but it's not storming at Soldier Field yet.

Have a good day.

Edited by HeidiHo

According to the weather report the heavy winds are supposed to get to Buffalo, NY.

I was wondering since some of us have the priority check-in is there a place on the ship we would like to meet to enjoy our first cocktail? Also has a meet and mingle been set up?

David.....:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

According to the weather report the heavy winds are supposed to get to Buffalo, NY.

I was wondering since some of us have the priority check-in is there a place on the ship we would like to meet to enjoy our first cocktail? Also has a meet and mingle been set up?

David, we usually meet in the Atrium lounge area and watch everyone board and then meet after the Muster at the Aft Bar on the Lido deck. I think Heidi is working on a Meet and Mingle. Did you book the stingray excursion. Looks like fun. I'd love to do it but Bettie doesn't swim and it's not worth that money.

David, we usually meet in the Atrium lounge area and watch everyone board and then meet after the Muster at the Aft Bar on the Lido deck. I think Heidi is working on a Meet and Mingle. Did you book the stingray excursion. Looks like fun. I'd love to do it but Bettie doesn't swim and it's not worth that money.

Like Dave already said, we have been stopping in the atrium as soon as we board and just kid of gathered there as other people boarded and then usually again at sailaway but the aft pool bar. Since our first full day is a sea day I would leke to set up an official meet and mingle. Any suggestions on a good time to meet? I'd like to find out if that will be formal night or not. Usually the first formal night is on the 1st sea day but since the next day after that is Grand Turk and we leave there at 2:00 PM, having formal night that night would be no big deal either so I don't know when it is. I would like to find this out because the time we decide to meet might depend on if it's formal night or not. People with early dinner might need a little extra prep time on formal night so we might not want to meet very late in the afternoon. Let me know what you think for a meeting time. We have also discussed having a cabin crawl and maybe a white elephant gift exchange. We did the white elephant exchange 2 cruise ago and that was fun and the cabin crawl on the last cruise was fun. All ideas are welcome.

The sun is coming out here again. The Bears game is on hold though and the fans have been moved inside. That's must be interesting. I was texting Dave but he wasn't replying and then Staci heard his phone here in the house so I guess he forgot it. I saw something kind of funny that someone posted on Facebook. it said, "Tornado Warnings in Chicago. Residents are advised to go to Soldier Field. No chance of a touchdown there." LOL. I know they are dissing the Bears but it's still kind of funny.

Dave..we have not booked yet but plan to do it soon....

Good morning!

I got an email back from Erin this morning. She said she'd contact Carnival to have them check into and change all bookings that say females are males. Mine has already changed to female. In order to check, just go into your booking as if you want to do your on line check in even if you don't intend to do it right then). In the firs step you will see if you are listed as a male or female.

Dave said it was a very interesting and long Bears game. First it was interrupted for a couple of hours during the severe weather. Then it also went into over time. The Bears got the win though.

The severe weather didn't cause a lot of problems up here or in the city but a huge tornado south west of Chicago caused a lot of devastation. Staci says she knows of people who live in the towns that were hit (college friends). One girl she knows said they lost all of their cars and her grandmother lost her house. she has other friends who she hasn't heard about yet. It's really unusual to have tornadoes like that this time of year.

I have a doctor appointment this morning. It's a follow up for my back now that physical therapy is over. My back feels good but I have a new problem that is bothering me more than my back. It's my foot. About a month ago I started having pain on the side of my left foot. I'm sure it's caused from being on my feet at the OG. It's pretty bad and is making work difficult. Whenever I have a couple of days off in a row it starts to feel better and then I go back to work and it gets bad again. I had Friday and Saturday off and so it felt pretty good when I started work yesterday but by the end of my shift it was hurting bad again. I'm afraid it's not going to get better unless I either take a few weeks off work or maybe they'll say I need surgery. Either way I might have to stop work for a while. Either that or just deal with the pain.

Have a great day. :)

Good afternoon Cupids,

Less than 90 days. Bettie and I are getting excited. New ports and a new ship.

Heidi, thanks for checking with Erin. Did you find out when our bookings will open up so that we can print our boarding passes and luggage tags.

Not much happening here. We expect cold weather by the weekend. Not looking forward to that.

Dave

Good morning!

I got an email back from Erin this morning. She said she'd contact Carnival to have them check into and change all bookings that say females are males. Mine has already changed to female. In order to check, just go into your booking as if you want to do your on line check in even if you don't intend to do it right then). In the firs step you will see if you are listed as a male or female.

Dave said it was a very interesting and long Bears game. First it was interrupted for a couple of hours during the severe weather. Then it also went into over time. The Bears got the win though.

The severe weather didn't cause a lot of problems up here or in the city but a huge tornado south west of Chicago caused a lot of devastation. Staci says she knows of people who live in the towns that were hit (college friends). One girl she knows said they lost all of their cars and her grandmother lost her house. she has other friends who she hasn't heard about yet. It's really unusual to have tornadoes like that this time of year.

I have a doctor appointment this morning. It's a follow up for my back now that physical therapy is over. My back feels good but I have a new problem that is bothering me more than my back. It's my foot. About a month ago I started having pain on the side of my left foot. I'm sure it's caused from being on my feet at the OG. It's pretty bad and is making work difficult. Whenever I have a couple of days off in a row it starts to feel better and then I go back to work and it gets bad again. I had Friday and Saturday off and so it felt pretty good when I started work yesterday but by the end of my shift it was hurting bad again. I'm afraid it's not going to get better unless I either take a few weeks off work or maybe they'll say I need surgery. Either way I might have to stop work for a while. Either that or just deal with the pain.

Have a great day. :)

Thanks Heidi - I am listed as female now :D

That Chicago Bear game was a nail biter and long!!!

I am glad you weren't affected by the weather yesterday. That is strange having tornadoes in Nov and that many of them.

Hope your feet get to feeling better.

Dave, I am excited for the new ports too. I have only cruised out of Galveston and there is not much choice of ports from there.

Sue, Are you excited about the new BCS rankings since Stanford lost?

Did you find out when our bookings will open up so that we can print our boarding passes and luggage tags.

Dave - you should be able to do it now. I was able to do mine today. I just wasn't able to finish because the credit card I want to use expires in January and I don't have the new card yet. Otherwise my check in is done. I just cant print our boarding pass and luggage tags until I finish. I did run in to one other problem though. they will ask for pre cruise hotel and for some reason it wouldn't accept 02/15 as the check out date. It accepted the 14th for check in but not the 15th for check out. I sort of recall having this same problem on the last Carnival cruise. I figure the hotel information really doesn't matter so I tried putting the check out for 02/14 and it accepted that. So no my documents will have my check in and check out day for the hotel on the same day.:confused::rolleyes: I also discovered while I was doing the on line check in that our flight number has changed. The flight times haven't changed, just the flight number. I was never notified by SWA of that. I'm glad I noticed that because it could have caused me some confusion if I was trying to check flight status or something and the flight was non existent.

Edited by HeidiHo

I spoke with CruCon this morning and they are checking with Carnival. My booking has a "On Hold" status and call Travel Agent. They don't know why. :( They will get back with me.

Heidi, I had the same problem with the hotel booking. Guess there is a glitch in the computer. I've also had my flights changed by AA. I'm going to wait until end of January to update everything.

Dave

Sue, Are you excited about the new BCS rankings since Stanford lost?

That Stanford loss to USC was HUGE for the Ducks!!! We are now back in the driver's seat to play in and host the Pac-12 Championship game!! If we win that, we go to the Rose Bowl, which we love. Something very special about that game! "The Granddaddy of them all!" We ate at Red Lobster that night after our game, and we sat in the bar so we could watch the SC/Stanford game. By the end of the game there was a huge crowd of Duck fans gathered in there to watch. When SC kicked the winning field goal, the place went wild. Very fun!

We had a great weekend in Eugene, and a nice birthday weekend for Dave. The Duck win and Stanford loss was a very nice birthday present! It's always fun to hang out with the kids, and Lily is getting so cute! She's almost 5 months old now, and smiles a lot and is a lot more interactive.

I haven't been on the Carnival website to check if I'm male or female! :eek: I need to get on there and fill out my documents anyway. Thanks for the heads up about your flight number change, Heidi. I've been meaning to check on our SWA flights to make sure there haven't been any changes. Need to do that today.

Heard back from CruCon and if you booked with the group then you cannot print your boarding pass and luggage tags with room number until mid-December. Guess I'll wait.

Dave - are you able to fill out all your information and just not print? I didn't try to print since I am waiting on the new credit card. My info is all filled out except for the on board account.

I just wanted to say a quick hello. We booked ourselves as the group didn't have anymore when we booked. We are still going. I was just checking to see how everyone is doing.

Welcome back Esther. Be sure to check in here often now that we are getting close because we will be planning meet and mingles.