*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Heidi; please count us in on your reservation. Thanks.

I made the reservation for 8 people. Right now there are 6 of us. I haven't heard back from them yet though.

Heidi, the White Elephant, is the gift per cabin or per person. Also, remember, Bettie and I will be glad to open our cabin up for the cabin crawl. We are in cabin 7350 just down the hall from you and Sue, your Dave's.

Dave

Per cabin is fine.

I just realized yesterday that I never called my travel insurance company to add on insurance for our airline tickets when I bought them. I'm going to do that tomorrow. Considering how bad the weather has been this winter I don't want to go without the insurance. The cruise is already insured but I am afraid that bad weather might make having insurance necessary. We are flying Southwest and they don't have code shares with other airlines. If for some reason they can't get us o the ship on time then insurance would come in handy if we have to book another airline. I'm glad I remembered in time.

According to the weather report, we are headed back into a deep freeze again this week. This cruise can't come fast enough.

Heidi, whatever you think about the reservation is fine. 9 is ok too. If we get there before our table is ready, we can have cocktails first.

Thanks for the reminder about travel insurance. I cant remember if I included our flights or not. Need to check that.

Fritz & Susie - looking forward to meeting you at pre-cruise dinner! Kathy & Frank - hope you'll join us too!

We just have balconies. We don't have a suite this time. I saw someone had already volunteered their cove balcony and a balcony.

Who volunteered their cove? I must have missed that. I was really hoping someone would volunteer a cove too. I'll have o go back a bit and re read some posts.

Fritz & Susie - looking forward to meeting you at pre-cruise dinner! Kathy & Frank - hope you'll join us too!

We are meeting up with the others at Bayside at 7, however it would be great to come there for desert or cocktail before heading back to the hotel. We need to exchange cell phone numbers before the cruise. I have Dave's, but not sure about the rest. I think I have e-mails????

Also, our cabin can be used for the cabin crawl also. Our cabin number is listed on Ryan's facebook site.

I made the reservation for 8 people. Right now there are 6 of us. I haven't heard back from them yet though.

Heidi If you have room could you include Alise and Dave in the reservations for the Cuban place? Do you have the address so we can look it up?

Thanks, can't wait to see the group again.

Just another Dave (Not a Susie) and Alise

Are there KY cruisers on the Breeze Feb.15sailing?

Hi All! My DH and I (Michelle & Billy from Southern Illinois) booked this cruise and are jumping from our original board to this one! Hey ktravel - We are only about 1 hour from Owensboro, KY! I have friends there too!

Heidi If you have room could you include Alise and Dave in the reservations for the Cuban place? Do you have the address so we can look it up?

Thanks, can't wait to see the group again.

Just another Dave (Not a Susie) and Alise

No problem. The two of you Make 8 and that's what I made the reservation for. It's called La Rosa and is located at 4041 North West 7 St. Miami 33126. I still need to call them to verify the reservation though. When reservations are made on line they are supposed to either email you back or call you but I haven't heard anything. I've been too busy to call but I am off tomorrow so I will call them then.

Hi All! My DH and I (Michelle & Billy from Southern Illinois) booked this cruise and are jumping from our original board to this one! Hey ktravel - We are only about 1 hour from Owensboro, KY! I have friends there too!

Welcome aboard Michelle and Billy. I am from Illinois too but way north of you. We live just outside Chicago.

It is so cold here. It's 1 degree right now. I was so mad this morning. Every morning I have to go to the end of the driveway to get the newspaper. Usually I am in my pajamas with just a fleece jacket on. So it was really cold and I went out there for he paper but i couldn't find it. Sometimes when they toss it onto the driveway it slides under one of the cars. I thought it might be under Eric's car but I wasn't about to get down on my hands and knees in the snow and freezing cold to find it. I knew that Eric would be leaving soon so I went back into the house to wait for him to leave and then I'd be able to see if it was under his car. After he left I could see that it had not been under his car so I went back outside to look around one more time. I finally found it down the street almost to our neighbors driveway. It just figures that the one time it's zero degrees outside, that's the time I have to search for he paper. :mad::rolleyes:

Have a good night and stay warm. :)

I was shocked to see snow on the ground when I woke up today after driving home to IL from Jacksonville from our cruise yesterday. It was 63 degrees most of the way home... I didn't even know it was supposed to snow! We were spoiled from the 73 degree weather and splashing around at Atlantis on Saturday. I can't wait to go more south next month! It should be much warmer!

Heidi - Where do I find the Facebook group?

How do I find the Facebook groups for this cruise? I must have missed it within all of the 100+ posts...lol!:D
It's called We are the Cupids and I started it right after our last cruise. It's a closed group but you can message me and I can add you. My name is David Castlebury.

Good Afternoon!

Michelle and Billy - Like Dave said if you haven't already found the Facebook group you can search We are the Cupid's. To find me on Facebook, just search Heidi Ebneter Horstmann.

For those of you meeting up for dinner at La Rosa, I called them today about the reservation. I sent them an email request several days ago but they never got back to me. the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know anything about my request but I was able to just make a reservation then. I HAVE CHANGED IT TO 8:30 HOWEVER. I asked they guy if there would be any problem if we are late as long as I called them and he said that would be fine. I figured between the 4 couples, at least one couple should make the 8:30 time and once someone is there they won't give away our reservation. If there is anyone else out there that wants to join us, please let me know ASAP so I can change the reservation. I sorry we won't be able to join those of you meeting at the restaurant near Bayside but I'm sure it will just be too late. La Rosa is just a few blocks from our hotel. We walked there the last time we were there.

Have a great day.:)

DH and I are newbies also, but I think the "Cupids" know how to have a good time!

Counting down the days

ATTENTION ALL CUPID'S, NEWPID'S AND ROLL CALL PEEPS!

I originally had contacted John Heald about setting up a location for official Meet and Greets. He had asked me to contact him again a few days before the cruise. In the mean time, one of our roll call members, Vic (rounder) gave me the contact info for the events co-ordinator for Carnival. He had gone this route in setting up a Meet and Greet for the cruise before ours (he is doing a back to back). I emailed the events coordinator about 3 weeks ago and FINALLY heard back today. We have 2 official meet and greets set up. The first one is on the 1st sea day (Sunday) in the Liquid Night Club from 2:00 - 3:00. We will do the White Elephant gift exchange at this one for those who are participating. If you aren't participating, no problem, come anyway. It's open o all, whether you are participating in the White Elephant exchange pr not. The 2nd Meet and Greet will be on the last sea day (Saturday), from 1:00 - 2:00, also in the Liquid Night club. At this one we will socialize for the hour and then do the cabin crawl. I still might contact John Heald a few days before the cruise just to thank him and who knows, maybe he'll send us some goodies.

I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!

We will also have a couple of "unofficial gatherings." One thing we have done the last couple of Cupid's cruise is to gather in the atrium as people are boarding. We board as early as possible and then watch everyone board so we can see all of our friends as they board and our group starts to grow as people join us for drinks.

We will also meet after the muster drill for Sail Away. In the past we have met by aft pool or one deck up depending on the ship. I am not sure about the Breeze. On Spirit Class ships the aft pool and bar area is perfect because that deck is open. On Conquest Class ships, the aft pool area is enclosed so we would get drinks at the bar there but we had to go up to the next deck for sailaway because that was not enclosed. Has anyone been on the Breeze (or Magic or Dream) and know what the aft decks are like? If they are like the Conquest Class, we will just meet on the deck above the aft pool. We might have to go down a deck to get drinks but that shouldn't be a problem. Any suggestions out there? Please let me know.