*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Hi

This is our 5th cruise and my first ever post about cruising.

The excursions in La Romania are too random and stressful , should we get the drink package on the ship? Why do all the desserts on Lido taste like blah..

We have kids 11,15,and 17

Actually I could use a drink package in my living room...

Hoping to have fun !!!!

Welcome, Welcome!! Glad to have you with us! For excursions, we only have 1 actual excursion booked. In La Romana we are doing Altos de Chavon River Boat tour booked through Carnival. In Grand Turk, there are quite a number of us going to Jack's Shack to hang out on the beach. In Curacao we really don't have plans. Sounds like there's quite a bit to see close to the port, and then we'll just see what we want to do. In Aruba, we want to go to Eagle Beach, which I've read is the most beautiful beach in Aruba.

We've never had a drink package, so I can't really help you there. Seems like I remember that if one person in the cabin (over age 21) gets it, everyone over 21 in the same cabin has to buy it too. I guess that's so you can't buy one package and then share your drinks with your cabin mate. I think it has been said that if you each drink 5 drinks a day, it works out to be worth it. My hubby and I enjoy having cocktails, but probably wouldn't get to 5 drinks each, especially on port days when you're not on the ship that much.

Good morning Cupids,

AnotherBeerPls, drink package for the living room. I know a few people at work that think they have it. LOL! All persons in the cabin over 21 has to get the package. RCL is starting a package per person. Maybe CCL will join in.

Wish I could send some of this nice weather to my friends up north. It's in the upper 60s and will reached the 70s before a from come barreling through later today.

Dave

Well, this is frustrating. I still haven't gotten a new computer and now Eric's back pack with his computer in it disappeared on the train coming home from school on Friday. It either got stolen or he forgot it. He isn't real sure. He fell asleep and woke up when they got to the end of the line and they were kicking him off. He's not 100% sure if he forgot it or it was already gone. So now both of us a sharing Staci's computer. Guess I better go get a new one soon. :rolleyes:

I would love a magnet as my sister in law would too. Will they stick to the door okay? IT is not like the other ships. It is kind of wicker as I remember from last year? Just tell me how much and I can pay you. thanks Esther

Well, Eric is one lucky guy. He didn't leave his computer on the train after all. He wasn't 100%sure when he had it last so he started checking with a couple of other places he stopped after school. He had gone to a bar with some classmates, then to the train and then to a diner after he got off the train. He really didn't think it would be at the diner but he called there anyway this

morning and sure enough, they had it so he went to pick it up and everything was there.

It is soooo cold here today. Right now it's -1. I got called off from work tonight because they expect it to be slow and won't need everyone. I let the dog out earlier and even though she was out there just a few minutes she was already limping by the time she came in. We only let her out long enough to do her business. She forgets quickly though how cold it is because we'll let her out and an half hour later she wants to go out again.:rolleyes: I really can't wait for this cruise. I'm just so worried now that with the horrible winter we've had that we might not be able to get out of here. Even though we are flying in the day before, this is the first time I've really kind of worried that we could run into problems. That's because the kinds of problems we've had this winter have left people stranded for days. Oh well, there isn't much point in worrying about it now.

Negative 11 degrees here this morning. I am dreading going out but I have to. So does everyone else. Most schools are closed today but Eric's is not. Since his his a specialty school (International TEFL Academy) and it's only a 4 week certification program, if they close they miss too much and they already cancelled one day of classes when we were in the deep freeze right after New Years. This is his last week too. It is supposed to warm up after today though.

Stay warm everyone!

I wish they would close schools today, here in in OKC. They say we got like half an inch of snow and the roads are fine but then the traffic report says that there are 40+ accidents in the metro because of slick roads. Really, I don't want to take my new vehicle out if the roads truly are slick! :mad:

Edited by Cusp79

Gojirart, We would love a magnet for our cabin also.

You are so considerate to think of the group.

This Cupid group go out of their way to make everyone feel included and share information, to make our cruise more enjoyable.

Ready for Feb.14 0 degrees when we got up this morning in KY

Good afternoon Cupids,

19 this morning but no precipitation.

Heidi, glad to hear that Eric found his computer. That was pure luck. Hope you find one soon that meets your needs.

Mardi gras beads sounds great. I'll look to see if we still have a stash.

Hope everyone stays warm.

Dave

We always use the safe in the cabin, have never had a problem. They open with a card that has a magnetic strip, like an expired credit card or gift card or even an old S&S card from a previous cruise. It's not a good idea to use the S&S card for your current cruise. A store membership card would work too. As long as it has a magnetic strip on the back.

We finally got some much needed rain last night, but we could use a lot more.

Heidi, glad Eric found his laptop!

Keeping my fingers crossed that all of us can get to Miami ok, that no flights will be cancelled due to weather issues!

Since we have a four hour drive to the airport, and our flight leaves at 8 am on Friday, we will drive to Reno the day before the flight because I don't want to have to leave at 2 am in order to get to the airport in time! That means we are leaving our house two weeks from TOMORROW!

I guess I'd better start thinking about starting to pack. I pretty much have figured out what clothes I'm taking, but I need to get them out and make sure nothing needs washed or anything.

well interesting yesterday. When Dh got up he mentioned his wrist felt funny. As day went on it swelled and he could not turn his wrist w/o pain. At 2 he gave in and said OK something is wrong. Took him to urgent care. x/ray no break of an kind. Tested him for possible gout. Nothing sent him home and said take alleve

at 8 DH said ok No way I sit,lay,ice or heat no relief I even gave him strong pain pill I had left from some back issues. Off to ER if my DH says take me to ER He is in major pain He does not complain. After 3 hours ER still nothing shops up.

They gave him morphine when he came in and it did not quit hurting

Upon leaving they gave him another shot and said go see an orthopedic. Trying to get into

2 1/2 weeks.

The bad part for me is he can not lift and his pain.

We have radiant heat in the floor in our entire home

Hardy wood burner outside he can not do anything I am loading stove, which is only 3x a day,but I can not pick up big pieces like he can, I have back issues.

My question has anyone heard of not being able to use wrist and not be broke?

Ktravel, the safes are perfectly okay. I've read somewhere on CC that they require a PIN number you set yourself. They don't use a magnetic strip card. Allot safer because people would use a card a then hide it in the room.

Hope your DH is better soon. I have arthritis and my joints swell all the time. NSAIDs works most of the time.

The flights out of DFW depends allot on what is going on in the rest of the country. Everything seems to flow through here for AA. Our flight probably starts somewhere out west then goes through here. Just hope the weather gets better. We have snow in the forecast for next week.:mad::eek:

Everyone, stay warm and healthy.

Good afternoon!

Ktravel - I sure hope your husbands wrist is OK. That is so weird.

Dave is correct about the safes. The Breeze has safes that you use a 4 digit code that you make up. We had that kind of safe on the Grand Princess. i liked it much better than they kind you have to use a swipe card on. Just use a number that both of you in the cabin would remember.

It has warmed up here. It's about 20 degrees. You know it's been a cold winter when 20 degrees feels warm. LOL.

Good afternoon!

It has warmed up here. It's about 20 degrees. You know it's been a cold winter when 20 degrees feels warm. LOL.

Ha ha ha! We got all the way up to 43 today and then it will warm up the next 2 days before another cold from in Friday night.

The safe on RCL and the ones at WDW and Disneyland all are digital. I like it better because you don't have to bring a card that is not a credit card. I usually keep an old gift card in my wallet just in case.

Stay warm,

Dave

Ktravel, the safes are perfectly okay. I've read somewhere on CC that they require a PIN number you set yourself. They don't use a magnetic strip card. Allot safer because people would use a card a then hide it in the room.

Hope your DH is better soon. I have arthritis and my joints swell all the time. NSAIDs works most of the time.

The flights out of DFW depends allot on what is going on in the rest of the country. Everything seems to flow through here for AA. Our flight probably starts somewhere out west then goes through here. Just hope the weather gets better. We have snow in the forecast for next week.:mad::eek:

Everyone, stay warm and healthy.

I am afraid they are going to tell him arthritis, one of those things

YOU got to have a sense of humor about getting older

Things just do not always work like they used too

I am afraid they are going to tell him arthritis, one of those things

YOU got to have a sense of humor about getting older

Things just do not always work like they used too

I was diagnost with psoriatic arthritis in my early 30s. It's an unusual type of arthritis that is associated with psoriasis. You have seen the comercial with Phil Mickelson, well, we have the same thing. I can sympathize with your DH. Don't use heat because that will only agrievate the inflamation. Cold is the best. Aleve will work but watch how much you take.

Dave

I have done this on RRCL 2x, wondering if Carnival is reasonable price?

I unpack and sit out DH shirts, pants, maybe a piece or two of my clothing to be pressed

Everything comes back pressed the next afternoon. In the past $20 well worth being able to just hang in closet and be done

Here is the laundry service list:

Are there Laundry Services available on board?Laundry Services In addition to self-service launderettes on each ship, there is a valet laundry service on board; dry cleaning is not available. Following is the price list; this service is handled through the room Steward:

Mens

Item Wash Press Press Only

Suit 2-Piece: n/a $7.00 USD

Suit 3-Piece: n/a $8.00 USD

Jacket: $5.00 USD $3.75 USD

Blazer: $5.00 USD $3.75 USD

Over Coat: $8.00 USD $6.00 USD

Trousers: $5.00 USD $4.00 USD

T-Shirt: $2.00 USD $1.50 USD

Shorts: $4.00 USD $3.00 USD

Under Shorts: $2.00 USD $1.50 USD

Track Suit: $7.00 USD $5.00 USD

Pajamas: $4.00 USD $3.00 USD

Pair of Socks: $2.00 USD n/a

Jeans: $4.00 USD $3.00 USD

Shirt: $4.00 USD $3.00 USD

Tie: $2.00 USD $1.50 USD

Ladies

Item Wash Press Press Only

Suit 2-piece: n/a $7.00 USD

Dress: $7.50 USD $6.00 USD

Shirt/Blouse: $4.00 USD $3.00 USD

Silk Blouse: $5.00 USD $3.75 USD

Skirt: $5.00 USD $4.00 USD

Jacket: $5.00 USD $3.75 USD

Over Coat: $8.00 USD $6.00 USD

Slacks/Pants: $5.00 USD $4.00 USD

Shorts: $4.00 USD $3.00 USD

Panties/Bra/Slip: $2.00 USD n/a

Jeans: $4.00 USD $3.00 USD

T-Shirt: $2.00 USD $1.50 USD

Track Suit: $7.00 USD $5.00 USD

Nightgown/PJ's: $5.00 USD $3.75 USD

Swim Suit: $3.00 USD $2.00 USD

Pair of Socks: $2.00 USD n/a

Scarf: $3.50 USD $2.75 USD

Handkerchief: $2.00 USD $1.25 USD

I had no idea the safe on the Breeze uses a code instead of a swipe card. That's much better!

Dave, our flight goes through Dallas. Do you fly down Friday, or did I remember you and Bettie are flying down earlier than that? Hoping for decent weather in Dallas so we can all get out of there when we're supposed to!

ktravel, sorry to hear your Hubby is having wrist problems. That doesn't sound fun at all! Hope he improves quickly.

Two weeks!!!!! :D

Edited by momofzeke