Walking Tour in Nassau

leesy007

The DH and I will be in Nassau in just 23 days !!! I have been planning on doing the Walking tour from Frommer's , but I have read some about a rise in crime rates.

I just want to be clear, does anyone know if the sites typically found on the Frommers walking tour are safe to walk to? I would think so, since it is generally within the tourist area's but I would like to be better safe than sorry!

Thanks for any help! :)

The DH and I will be in Nassau in just 23 days !!! I have been planning on doing the Walking tour from Frommer's , but I have read some about a rise in crime rates.

I just want to be clear, does anyone know if the sites typically found on the Frommers walking tour are safe to walk to? I would think so, since it is generally within the tourist area's but I would like to be better safe than sorry!

Thanks for any help! :)

Those sites found on the tours are safe during regular business hours.

9am - 4:30 ish..

It's always safe to be aware of your surroundings.

Have you been to Fort Fincastle and the Queen's staircase? We walked there from the cruise ship back in October of last year. Go down East St from the cruise dock. Take a left on Shirley St. and then a right on Elizabeth St. This will take you straight to the Queen's Staircase. At the top of the staircase, take a right and your right at the Fort. Great views from the Fort, and we felt safe doing this walk. And then when you come back through town, you can explore the downtown area.

I've only walked to Fort Fincastle. It's uphill from the port, and I would say it took us about 15 minutes (or less). There were "tents" set up near the fort, and the locals were selling drinks (water, sodas), and also some of the same stuff they sell in the Straw Market.

Is it easy to walk and find the other forts?

Fort Charlotte is walkable.. but I wouldn't say an easy walk from Fincastle. It's located outside of town across from the Fish Fry .. right next to the Cricket CLub an at the base of the street leading to the Zoo.

About a mile or so from Fincastle.

Fort Montague is to the east.. about 2 miles from downtown, a mile or so past the bridges. Not an easy.. or nice walk. Montague area is being regentrified.. but there are still some not so nice things going on in the area.. take a cab if u want to check it out its quite nice.

Archived