Celebrity Zenith Gratuities

Optifire

I was just reading my documents in regards to tipping on board. I have never cruised on Celebrity before, however we have been on Carnival.

The tipping procedure with Carnival is they automatically add the tips to your sail and sign card for each category per day per person.

My documents say that with Celebrity you give the tip at the last night of the cruise to the staff members that you feel have given you good services. That sounds much better.

Has anyone had experiences with both procedures and which do you prefer and why. I think it is good not to be forced to have to give a tip to someone that you feel really didn't deserve one. Although I must say, that happens rarely as all the help we have run across has always been wonderful. And with Carnival, we found that even though they put the tips on our sail and sign card and they gave it to the staff, we still felt the need to leave a few dollars extra for the room attendant daily and also gave the dinner staff extra. So this will be nice that we can give what we want, when we want and to who we want and not have to end up as we did in Carnival by giving double.

CARNIVAL FANTASY

APRIL 27, 2003

FREEPORT AND NASSAU

CARNIVAL SENSATION

OCTOBER 13, 2003

GRAND CAYMAN AND COZUMEL

I prefer to give the tips myself with a small note of thanks noting something special that person did that made my trip better. I don't think I have ever given just the standard amount except to maybe the asst maitred' or the head housekeeper,neither of whom I ever saw on other lines. On Celebrity, however, I have actually started to ask my asst maitred' for special services so his tip has gone up accordingly. Since I tend to hang out at the Martini Bar I tip well there and the wine steward. I buy some wine and bring some on board.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived