Mahogany Bay & beaches

Erinl

Hello (again)! can anyone tell me if Mahogany Bay is an actual beach and if so, how close is it to the port, is there a restaurant/bar, restrooms, do they charge to get in, etc? We really just want to go to a safe beach and relax without worrying about long cab or bus rides. I saw something with chairlifts...what is that?

Same goes for Cozumel...is there anything like that there?

thanks again!:p

Erin

Mahogany Bay is a beautiful manmade beach a few minute walk from the port with facilities including restrooms, bar/restaurant, chairs and clamshells. We were there on Fri and loved it. Just need to show your Sail and Sign card to gain access. The chair lift was a waste imho, $12 for a day pass and the walk from beach to ship was 5-7 minutes.

We visited Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and LOVED IT!!! Great service and facilities, food was plentiful as well as the drinks.

There are plenty of beaches in Coz. Most are just a short taxi ride away. Just google Cozumel beaches and you will find them. We went to Paradise Beach on one of our family cruises. The kids enjoyed the water toys. There was free Wifi and the food and service was very good.

At Mahagony Bay, we did more shopping than beach stuff. The kids went to the beach--ended up eating in the restaurant there. DW found a Pandora store and bought some bracelet charms. Overall, it's a nice area. The ship docks right at the shopping area.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

We loved Mahogany Bay as well. We reserved the clam shell excursion through Carnival and it was a blast. The snorkeling to the left side of the pier was really good too.

And I second Nachi. Amazing time and can't wait to go there again.

We loved Mahogany Bay..... my daughter and I visited there while the boys went Zip Lining at ClipNZip.

We rented a Clamshell.... I would go there again. A simple relaxing day!

We visit Paradise Beach in Cozumel.... $2.00 for a chair and more for the activities.

Tons of pictures in my webshots and Dream Review below!

Catrin

Archived