Steward bringing EXTRAS?

Guest susan t

When we were on Navigator earlier this month we made a nice dining table on our balcony by taking our coffee table from inside and putting it right on top of the small table that is on the balcony. It fits perfectly and is just about the right height to eat at. A hand towel between the two tables keeps it from moving.

One night we ordered a complete dinner from room service and asked for a table cloth..........of course they brought it without hesitation. What a spectacular view we had as we ate dinner.

Susan-

That is brilliant advice! I am certainly going to try this and I apprecite the advice! Never would have thought of that - and I am not sure how you did, either!!

Anyone else? I love the suggestions on here about things to ask your steward. Although, I am sure that a steward would go mad if you asked for ALL these things it is great example of what RCCL will do for you if asked!

Love the chocolates idea!

We are in a JS on the Radiance in June to Alaska...is it true you can ask your room steward for the RCCL robes? I think ckrobyn did this on her Feb. cruise in a JS...are they the brand new terrycloth robes, or are they used ones that they launder between pax? I'm assuming that you can ask just to wear them for the week, not buy them?

Amanda:)

Guest OBAYbee
Really? already a table on the JS suite of the Navigator?? Wow...

Anyone else had this experience? The room description does not state this...

With the exception of AOS, which we will be on in August, all the other Voyager class ships we've sailed on in a JS had a table on the balcony. Small round white metal table.

I just meant something tall but small. I am sure a table would fit out there. Honestly, I woudl think a table would fit on a regular balcony cabin but not leave much room. I am sure we can figure out a way to get a breakfast table out there - no matter who I have to tip to get it worked out!

Also, I am looking into the $30 carry-on table. I think it is worth that $ to have a table on the balcony. If you realized how much time we spend on our balcony on sea days you would understand! We are balcony FIENDS.

Thanks again for advice on this! and keep the cabin steward requests coming!

Wouldn't you think all balconies would come with a small dining table instead of coffee table. We were on a cruise in December that had a small wood dining table inside our balcony unit. I kept wishing it was on the balcony. Probably should have brought it out ourselves. Now that I've seen this photo, I am hoping the Jewel can give us something to dine on outdoors on our next cruise. Perhaps I should order one of those roll up tables.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

They have handles to raise office chairs--so why not a table. Makes sense. Gotta get one.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Whilst onboard the Costa Atlantica last year, we had a JS and had a great table that could have the height adjusted just by a small lever underneath it.

It could go from coffee table to dining table height and I thought it was a great idea.

Does RCI have anything like that in their staterooms or JS, I figured that if they do room service they must have somewhere where you can actually sit eat the food. Or is this just wishful thinking on my part.

Happycruzer

Now that I've seen this photo, I am hoping the Jewel can give us something to dine on outdoors on our next cruise. Perhaps I should order one of those roll up tables.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Unless you are in a OS or the RS and take the dining table from inside out on the Balcony you won´t find anything else than the low table on the balconies of the Jewel.

I think between tipping the steward and simply ASKING for it, taking a rolling table that folds up but is strudy and possibly stacking the small table and the coffee table as the above poster mentioned I have a few options to try out and hope one pans out.

Stacking two tables does not seem sturyd but she said that it was and once covered with a cloth would not be an eyesore...gonna try it!

We are in a JS on the Radiance in June to Alaska...is it true you can ask your room steward for the RCCL robes? I think ckrobyn did this on her Feb. cruise in a JS...are they the brand new terrycloth robes, or are they used ones that they launder between pax? I'm assuming that you can ask just to wear them for the week, not buy them?

We didn't ask, but there were two robes (laundered from previous use, I assume, as they weren't "wrapped") awaiting in our stateroom the first evening. And, no, we didn't buy them... I much prefer my microfiber version at home! ;)

TexasDH, thanks for the reply! I think my robe question kind of got buried in this "table" thread...but you answered my question perfectly. Thanks again!

Archived