New to cruising

schmeg

the great thing about seabourn, just like people who live in the same condo, is everyone has the same accomodations for the most part.

my father used to joke that when he lived in his condo in florida, guys would say.."i had a 12,000 square foot house when i lived in chicago." My father replied" yes, but you live in the same 1800 square foot condo here in Florida as I do!!"

there will always be people in life with more money and less money as we have found out.

it's about meeting new people who are not from where you are.

i am always amazed that we, as americans, will tell someone within five mintes what we do, what our lives are like where we live and how much we have traveled.

that's why we have become so attached to europeans and brits..LOL>Sometimes, they never get around to it...

just enjoy yourself.

and just never ask anyone else what they paid.you'll find you got a great deal and they didn't..or visa versa.

let's allbe thankful we have a chance to travel like some people never get the chance.

best-

Barry

p.s. I made $375 billion last year in the stock market but I had a leak in my indoor pool on the 50th floor penthouse in my New York fourth home.good thing the bentley and the lamborghini were untouched.lol.Enjoy!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's about meeting new people who are not from where you are.

i am always amazed that we, as americans, will tell someone within five mintes what we do, what our lives are like where we live and how much we have traveled.

that's why we have become so attached to europeans and brits..LOL>Sometimes, they never get around to it...

:( Im crushed! You didnt mention Aussies? oh oh...maybe we talk too much eh? Oh well, have to put up with it one day, as we are intending doing a Seabourn cruise in the not too distant future.

Suppose Id better not say too much about my billions. Actually I enjoy hearing about other peoples travels though, hubby isnt too keen as it just gives me more "ideas".

sorry,granny. we love aussies..after all,you gave us paul hogan, olivia newton john and the bee gees and kylie minogue..ok.maybe not paul hogan..lol.

and for you Kylie Minogue fans, give your good thoughts.the talented pop singer was diagnosed this week with breast cancer.hope she beats it.

sorry,granny. we love aussies..after all,you gave us paul hogan, olivia newton john and the bee gees and kylie minogue..ok.maybe not paul hogan..lol.

and for you Kylie Minogue fans, give your good thoughts.the talented pop singer was diagnosed this week with breast cancer.hope she beats it.

OMG!!! I love Kylie! I hadn't heard. Lord love her, I'll say an extra special one for her tonight. Thanks for the news.

Please Jay, "ask away"........as MR Mcboo just posted, "there are NO dumb questions."

We will more than happy to answer any and all......

I know of ONE dumb question a "cruiser" ask the Purser...."do those stairs go up or do they go down???" Another dumb question: a "cruiser" ask the Hotel Manager, "where does all the Crew sleep at night???"

Anyone else have one???

Martita

Hi Everyone!!

I used to be a purser onboard the cruise ship Oriana, and here are my fave questions from passengers!!!

1) Where is the bus for the walking tour

2) What time is the Midnight Buffet?

3) How high are we above sea level (as the passenger was stepping into a tender)

4) What was that star that was out last night called?

5) Do these stairs go up or Down (yes i heard that one too :) )

6) What happens to the ice carvings once they melt

7) Do the crew sleep onboard (again another repeat from above, but worth it!)

8) Does the captain ever sleep? and who drives when he is at the cocktail parties!

9) Can I get a copy of USA Today in paper format (not the emailed version)

10) Can I have a cabin with a land view as im frightened of being in open water

11) Where is the restaraunt? he was on a 120 day voyage and would ask the same question EVERY night!! it meant us walking him, we started a rosta for his walk from the Reception desk to the dining room!!

Archived