dawn's refund- something fishy in norway

mike442

i talked to customer service at ncl, gave them my reservation # and they told me the amount of my refund and credit would be the same amount and that the amount was$364.50.now i had paid a total of $1790.00 thats for two of us. half of that is $895.00. so it seems their giving less the 25%. it just don]t seem to figure.even if you and 364+364. it just don't add up. we can't let them screw us here, they said one now thier doing the other. they beat us all over the place with the itinerary changes and now this.

Could the amount that they quoted you be per person....they would explain alot. When my son and I sailed on the POA our refund checks were two checks--one for him (he is five) and one for me. We also had future cruise credit....half for him and half for me. Perhaps you might want to call back and calmly ask for clarification. :o

Could the amount that they quoted you be per person....they would explain alot. When my son and I sailed on the POA our refund checks were two checks--one for him (he is five) and one for me. We also had future cruise credit....half for him and half for me. Perhaps you might want to call back and calmly ask for clarification. :o

no, i doule checked at ncl and now i have travel agent looking into it.

Amount per person....less port charges? Would that work?

Also, I think the 50% credit they give is based on the cruise fare you paid & NCF's (port charges). I don't believe gov't taxes/air/etc. are incl.

I am not even sure if they will give credit on the port charges. They really should have something in writing with all of the restrictions.

Even with a "free" cruise you have to pay taxes and port charges:(

no, i doule checked at ncl and now i have travel agent looking into it.

I think your credit of $364.50 should be a pp total. Was your cruise fare $564pp? If it was, then what you were advised would be correct... $564pp + $165pp (NCF's)= $729pp/50%= $364.50pp

I am not even sure if they will give credit on the port charges. They really should have something in writing with all of the restrictions.

Actually, NCL's ccc do incl. the port charges & when they are applied to a new booking, they are applicable to the cruise fare + port charges, just not gov't taxes & all the other luxuries. No, I don't work for NCL, just been there, done that.

i talked to customer service at ncl, gave them my reservation # and they told me the amount of my refund and credit would be the same amount and that the amount was$364.50.now i had paid a total of $1790.00 thats for two of us. half of that is $895.00. so it seems their giving less the 25%. it just don]t seem to figure.even if you and 364+364. it just don't add up. we can't let them screw us here, they said one now thier doing the other. they beat us all over the place with the itinerary changes and now this.

Is there a credit for you now at NCL or is that the amount that you will recieve when they issue them?

Is there a credit for you now at NCL or is that the amount that you will recieve when they issue them?

I read on another thread that NCL applies the credit certificates to the guests Latitudes # so that they will already have the info in-house when the guest is ready to book again. Seems good to me, otherwise they'd have to mail the cert to you & then you would have to mail it back to them when you're ready to book. I gues they're just trying to make it a little more simple. I'm sure they can also send a letter to verify the amount so that we have something in writing.

I read on another thread that NCL applies the credit certificates to the guests Latitudes # so that they will already have the info in-house when the guest is ready to book again. Seems good to me, otherwise they'd have to mail the cert to you & then you would have to mail it back to them when you're ready to book. I gues they're just trying to make it a little more simple. I'm sure they can also send a letter to verify the amount so that we have something in writing.

I understood that. The last time I had called NCL, they had not issued any credits yet. And the rep thought it could be a couple of weeks before any credits or refunds were issued. I am just inquiring if Mike's credit is up and ready for use.

I might not be phrasing this correctly, but I hope you understand my question.

I understood that. The last time I had called NCL, they had not issued any credits yet. And the rep thought it could be a couple of weeks before any credits or refunds were issued. I am just inquiring if Mike's credit is up and ready for use.

I might not be phrasing this correctly, but I hope you understand my question.

Oh, ok. I understand now. Sorry.

negative being we only oulled into 2 ports. plus my travel agent said i shoud be getting closer to 564.00. they're looking into it for me, other people that were on that cruise i suggest they should check out thier refund amount with ncl

negative being we only oulled into 2 ports. plus my travel agent said i shoud be getting closer to 564.00. they're looking into it for me, other people that were on that cruise i suggest they should check out thier refund amount with ncl

Once again, all you have to do is add the amount you paid for the cruise fare & the amt you paid in port charges ($165pp), then divide that by 2 or 50% (whichever you prefer) & you will get the total amt, per person, that your credit should be for.

If you are supposed to get back $564pp, then that means your cruise fare was $963?? I mean, it's simple, just do the math.

Damn, I never thought I would be saying that- I always hated math in high school & college!

* Oh, & I thought the Dawn went to all ports except Nassau? That means that it "pulled into" 3 ports.

i haqve no problem paying port charges and taxes, i mean afterall i did pay port charges to go to nassau which was 71.00 per person which is a total of 142.00 and they gave a credit of 100.00 so they beat us out ot 42.00 there. and they also said they ain't mailing out the credit so you can read it. it'll just be there.

i haqve no problem paying port charges and taxes, i mean afterall i did pay port charges to go to nassau which was 71.00 per person which is a total of 142.00 and they gave a credit of 100.00 so they beat us out ot 42.00 there. and they also said they ain't mailing out the credit so you can read it. it'll just be there.

Oh my Lord, is it really that serious. I'm sure you drank up that $42 while the bar was open!:D Please don't flame me! NCL hasn't mailed out their ccc's in over a year. Like I stated in a previous post, it's much more simple for NCL to already have the credit in-house so they can apply it as soon as you book you next cruise. I mean why would they go thru the hassle of mailing them to you, then you mail them back (mind you how often does mail get lost) & what would happen if you lose the cert? It's no big deal. Just ask NCL for a letter in writing also.

Can you also tell me where you found that port charges for Nassau are $71pp?

I think your credit of $364.50 should be a pp total. Was your cruise fare $564pp? If it was, then what you were advised would be correct... $564pp + $165pp (NCF's)= $729pp/50%= $364.50pp

i understand, but they said that was the total rebate per my cabin of 2 not 364 per person which is my problem.

thats when they issue them and they said the credit vouchers would be in the system in 2 days

they should send something in writing so you know whats going on,otherwise they can tell you anything and you won't have a clue.

i do know i drank alot of booze, but i must be missing something, 2 ports-stirup cay and miami. as far as charleston i don't see how you can count that. all i want is what they said they'd give me, NOTHING MORE. as far as the 71.00 port charges thats what they told me at the front desk.

You may have misunderstood. Did you call again?

yes i did. there was no chance of misunderstanding, they told me the total return would be 364.00 total for 2 people and not per person

There were 3 ports visited on the 4/10 sailing-Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay and Miami. I spoke to NCL customer service. My refund has been calculated and my in-house credit has also. They refunded 1/2 the cabin cost per person as well as 1/2 the port charges (82.50) per person. Taxes are not refundable in any way. Credits are not transferable. They are good for sailing within 1 year however they may consider an extension depending on your circumstance. When you enter your lattitudes number for your next NCL cruise the credit will appear and be applied.

I am pleased as everything worked out in my situation. I was lucky to speak with someone who knew what she was doing and never once said "I don't know" or "I'm not sure". Her calculations agreed with mine. Hooray!

Archived