dawn's refund- something fishy in norway

mike442

Can someone please give me the phone number of who I would talk to about this? Also, regarding latitudes numbers, I really cant book another cruise using this credit without a latitudes number, can I? When will I get this number? Also, I book my cruises through an on-line travel agent. How will the TA know about this discount? I dont even know how much the discount is for, so how can I tell her?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know what happened to the thread about the Dawn court case? I asked a question about the two other ships that were out there the same time as the Dawn and when I went back to see if anyone answered I can't find anything.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know what happened to the thread about the Dawn court case? I asked a question about the two other ships that were out there the same time as the Dawn and when I went back to see if anyone answered I can't find anything.

It was zapped.

lorn63vt,

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here but here is the number I called for refund/credit information: 1-800-327-7030. The person was extremely helpful and our calculations agreed. So pleasant. You should have some sort of reservation number handy as that is what she wanted from me-not a lattitudes number. Good luck!

So does that mean that I can still ask about those other two ships. Course I don't suppose it matters cause no one seems to know which other two ships were near the Dawn during the storm.

Sure you can, but you may get better results if you ask on the other boards. When you find out you can report back to us.

lorn63vt,

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here but here is the number I called for refund/credit information: 1-800-327-7030. The person was extremely helpful and our calculations agreed. So pleasant. You should have some sort of reservation number handy as that is what she wanted from me-not a lattitudes number. Good luck!

Thank you, Claudie. I hope I get to speak to the same person you did.

There were 3 ports visited on the 4/10 sailing-Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay and Miami. I spoke to NCL customer service. My refund has been calculated and my in-house credit has also. They refunded 1/2 the cabin cost per person as well as 1/2 the port charges (82.50) per person. Taxes are not refundable in any way. Credits are not transferable. They are good for sailing within 1 year however they may consider an extension depending on your circumstance. When you enter your lattitudes number for your next NCL cruise the credit will appear and be applied.

I am pleased as everything worked out in my situation. I was lucky to speak with someone who knew what she was doing and never once said "I don't know" or "I'm not sure". Her calculations agreed with mine. Hooray!

i'm very happy everyyhing worked out for you claudie, i know you were having some problems.i'll continue to work on mine and i'll continue to sail with ncl because bottom line is they did basically do the right thing by all concerned. hope to see you on the next one, mike

sunshine229, I think I read that the Jewel of the Seas (RCI) was in the vicinity of the Dawn during the wave incident. There's a post on the RCI board describing the rough seas that they encountered during that same timeframe.

sunshine229, I think I read that the Jewel of the Seas (RCI) was in the vicinity of the Dawn during the wave incident.

I found a post about that ship but i don't know if it is the right one it was the day before I think. I posted questions on two other boards but so far no response. Maybe I won't get answers at all. Something I read on another thread made me realize I had a wrong Idea about the purpose of the board.

I guess I'll just go on looking for info about Norwegian Jewel and let the wave thing go. Since I wasn't there and won't be getting any refunds or credits it isn't that important to me.

Just have to read the papers for any further news on that story.

i understand, but they said that was the total rebate per my cabin of 2 not 364 per person which is my problem.

I think if you (or t/a) call again, you will get a different answer. We all know how common that is with all the cruise lines... $364 total does not sound right, in any sense! Unless of course the sailing you were on was really cheap, but b/c it was ther Dawn I highly doubt that. Sorry for misunderstanding though.

i do know i drank alot of booze, but i must be missing something, 2 ports-stirup cay and miami. as far as charleston i don't see how you can count that. all i want is what they said they'd give me, NOTHING MORE. as far as the 71.00 port charges thats what they told me at the front desk.

Am I missing something???:confused: Did the Dawn not make it to Port Canaveral? That is the 1st port of call so it should've made it. I don't recall hearing anything about it bypassing PC & going straight to GSC & Miami.:confused:

There were 3 ports visited on the 4/10 sailing-Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay and Miami. I spoke to NCL customer service. My refund has been calculated and my in-house credit has also. They refunded 1/2 the cabin cost per person as well as 1/2 the port charges (82.50) per person. Taxes are not refundable in any way. Credits are not transferable. They are good for sailing within 1 year however they may consider an extension depending on your circumstance. When you enter your lattitudes number for your next NCL cruise the credit will appear and be applied.

I am pleased as everything worked out in my situation. I was lucky to speak with someone who knew what she was doing and never once said "I don't know" or "I'm not sure". Her calculations agreed with mine. Hooray!

Ah ha, I knew I wasn't going crazy! I think Mike442 must have been asleep while the Dawn was in Pt. Canaveral!?

Niya,

I am just curious if you were on the 4/10 cruise with us? Because if you were you might have a different attitude with what Mike is saying.

Are you accusing me of being insensitive??:( :D

No sir, I was not on the cruise, although I would've rather been than @ work (in the wave & all). But anyways, all I said was that Mike should call NCL again & I'm about 99% sure he will get a different answer? What attitude should I have? I said nothing wrong to him; just made a teenie joke about him drinking up the $42 difference that NCL "ripped him off" on from the pc's. Jeezz relax!:cool: Other than that, he jumped on me about considering Charleston a port of call, when in actuality I was speaking of Port Canaveral.

Niya,

I am just curious if you were on the 4/10 cruise with us? Because if you were you might have a different attitude with what Mike is saying.

Where you on the cruise? Please tell me if you feel they did the "right thing"

Where you on the cruise? Please tell me if you feel they did the "right thing"

No, I was not on the cruise. But, I feel after reading each & every thread about the subject I believe the "right thing" was done. A storm is a storm & I don't think the rogue wave could've been avoided being that it's something that happens unexpectedly. I also disagree that the Capt. was in a rush to get back to NY b/c he was only going 4 knots during most of the storm. And I also believe that NCL has been more then generous with their compensation. As I stated in a previous post, when the Grandeur of the Sea (RCCL) crashed into the pier in Costa Maya, the passengers who remained onboard only recv'd a $250obc, nothing else. Now I do know that none of the passenger cabins were affected, but even the guests whose cabins weren't affected on the Dawn recv'd a 50% refund & 50% ccc towards future sailing.

No, I was not on the cruise. But, I feel after reading each & every thread about the subject I believe the "right thing" was done. A storm is a storm & I don't think the rogue wave could've been avoided being that it's something that happens unexpectedly. I also disagree that the Capt. was in a rush to get back to NY b/c he was only going 4 knots during most of the storm. And I also believe that NCL has been more then generous with their compensation. As I stated in a previous post, when the Grandeur of the Sea (RCCL) crashed into the pier in Costa Maya, the passengers who remained onboard only recv'd a $250obc, nothing else. Now I do know that none of the passenger cabins were affected, but even the guests whose cabins weren't affected on the Dawn recv'd a 50% refund & 50% ccc towards future sailing.

Sorry Niya, I meant JM

Archived