We're planning on bringing a laptop (our iPhones will be WAY too expensive to use in FP) and want to Skype with our kids back home. We'll purchase the Internet minutes when we get on board. If any of you used Skype, were you able to do it from your room or did you have to go to a public place on ship with better WiFi access? I think I'm stressing most about this aspect of the trip. Never been away from my kids and I'm a stay at home mom. I NEED this trip but I know I'm going to be missing them like crazy.

I can understand your anxiety about leaving your kids as we often traveled with ours and when we didn't take them I always wanted to be able to stay in touch.

I didn't use skype when we were on PG last year but my friend did and he said the connection from his room was good. Others have said it is a bit slow. Maybe someone who has been on a more recent trip can confirm. (When we sailed on Celebrity, gmail phone and skype were blocked)

Archived