Surprise!!!

riwehr

We surprised our kids (4, 7 and 12) with a cruise this past Christmas. Our cruise left they day after Christmas but we chose to fly in Christmas day. Our flight left for Florida a 7 so we had to wake them up, they were all a bit confused.

They had never really been on a trip before. They hadn't even flown. We bought them some new clothes and each a suitcase for the trip. I had them all packed the night before. I placed each suitcase in large gift bag (looks like a christmas trash bag).

They then opened a shirt box - in it I had printed off a picture of the ship, pictures of the beach and the port itinerary, it said WE LEAVE NOW!! The oldest one read it outloud. The oldest and youngest were jumping around like crazy. My middle kid started crying saying he didn't want to go. Turns out he was just worried about flying.

We went with a neighbor family whose kids are the same age. They all had blast even though it was super cold in the Bahama's. They were all swimming in the ocean (first time) while we stood there in sweatshirts and jeans!!

My Husband Surprised me on my 40th Birthday with a cruise. Two weeks before we were leaving he handed me the travel docs with all the information. Blow my mind because I'm the one that does all the planning when we go away.

Awesome, I would love that!

My DH turns 50 in Sept of 2013. If it all works out like I hope. I will tell him to get in the car to visit family, have everything packed and ready to go, drive to the airport and get on a plane for San Juan. He will figure it out after we hit the airport but his face is going to be priceless when we hit the airport

I am surprising DH with a cruise on 5/18 for his 50th. We are already traveling to NY for a party for his mother and instead of returning home, i changed our plane tkts to Fort Lauderdale. We'll take the shuttle to Port of Miami and it's not until we get on the shuttle that I'm going to tell him. He knows I have some trip planned but since it's just for 3 days, I'm sure he has no idea it's a cruise. It'll be our first without kids...

Luckily, he travels a lot for work, so he's good at packing for himself. I'll secretly add his bathing suit, shorts, and sandals to my bag:)

We are taking our 2 children (7 & 11) on the Liberty in August for our son's 8th birthday. He keeps asking us if we could go on a cruise for his birthday since we did one for DD's 10th in 2010. I told him not this year. Then he asked if we could do something fun this summer instead. We are going to tell them the night before we go. Can't wait to see their faces. He will celebrate his 8th on night 6 of the cruise. They are going to be so excited. :D

Archived