Montreal to Boston recommendations for excursions/reading

My family and I are going to be cruising June 9 - 16 from Montreal to Boston this summer. This is our 3rd HAL Cruise, one was to the Panama Canal, one from San Diego to Mexico.

Interested if others have done this cruise and what excursions they liked. Also, we love to read books about the places we are visiting, especially history. Reading "The Shipping News" now. Any other suggestions?

I am on that cruise Please come over to our Roll Call and join us.In PEI we are taking an Independent Tour with 2 other couples we met on The Roll Call Board .In Bar Harbor we booked a flightseeing 1 hour flight over ANP as we have already done Oily's Trolley.

The tall building is the John Hancock Building and the church is Trinity Episcopal Church. This is in Copley Square, a few blocks from the Public Gardens near the intersection of Boylston and Clarendon Streets. The church was built around 1875 so for Boston, it's not that old.

One more thing I thought about for visiting Boston is the Old Granary Burying Ground near the Boston Commons. Paul Revere, John Hancock, victims of the Boston Massacre, parents of Benjamin Franklin, other signers of the Declaration of Independence, and Mother Goose are all buried here.

I'll just list what we did when we were on this cruise last May/June...

Boston (2 days prior to cruise in Boston for us)... Boston Duck Tour.. its a hoot and you get a nice fun overview of a very walkable, very fun city. Then just buy a T pass and ride all over. The T subway is very accessible and safe. Go to Chinatown and eat. Too many thing to choose from there. Had dim sum the morning of the day we boarded. Also had some excellent Ethiopian cuisine while ntastic, fun, and interactive. I did a review on HAL's website we enjoyed it so much.

Boston is the best. Follow the "red line" to find all the history of the city. Great walking tour.... Oh, don't forget China town for lunch

If you have extra time a trip to Newport RI is a good place. You will see where the very rich went to summer cottages. its impressive. I have taken people who visite.

the best

hop on hop off in Boston

cruise the island. You can take the lunch tour 45 minutes bring your own lunch. I worked down town and did this almost once a week. (not winter)

John Adam house in Quincy south of Boston

duck tour

Salem witch tour,

Lowell factory tours You will see what our your women had to do to earn a living in textile.

Glouster fishing where boat from perfect storm sailed out of. Its sad to see how many people lost thier lives fishing

Concord , Lexington

*Boston Garden (TD garden home of Bruins and celtic's

*Fenway park

*Harvard

* the trolley will take you there

there is really to much to see in such a short time.

If you love history the hop on hop off trolley will take you to almost every historic site in Boston. You get a pass for 2 days and you will need those 2 to see it. Traffic losts of traffic.

I will post what to do on a rainy day

Archived