More ES questions....

riwehr

In past expierience, balcony cabins seem to book up faster- so my question is, if we book a higher category balcony cabin are we more likely to have a price drop for Early Saver since the lower balcony (cheaper cabins) will sell out first?

I think I read that you can't downgrade with Early Saver but could we upgrade?

In past expierience, balcony cabins seem to book up faster- so my question is, if we book a higher category balcony cabin are we more likely to have a price drop for Early Saver since the lower balcony (cheaper cabins) will sell out first?

I think I read that you can't downgrade with Early Saver but could we upgrade?

Can't say for sure, but I would not book the highest balcony category, because, as far as I know, they will not usually upgrade a balcony to a suite in event of a price drop. The only hope is usually to upgrade from one balcony category to a higher balcony category (for instance, an 8B to an 8D).

My opinion is that price drops occur when the ship is not selling out quick enough , and that the category is not a big factor. The price drops that I have gotten have shown a reduction in fares for all the categories..

If you're wanting a category that will take longer to sell out, definitely look for one that has plenty of rooms within the category. If this is for a Fantasy class ship, there aren't many balconies on those ships that have any, so those may not last long. On the bigger ships, there's more to choose from.

Like another poster said, price drops occur when the sailing isn't selling as well as they thought. Sometimes, they'll allow free upgrades (pay for the lowest balcony & move up to a higher balcony) to try to fill the ship. This is usually under the Past Guest rate, but sometimes is even under the Fun Select rate. When that happens, many ES people apply for that upgrade, and people who are booking will move up. Then, the lowest balcony will have the most availability, & the higher balconies are sold out. It may not always work like that, but that seems to be the strategy.

On the ships designed like Triumph/Conquest/Splendor, the 8A balconies won't have as many rooms as 8B, 8C, 8D. On those ships, a good spot would be Empress deck, 8B or 8C. For Dream class, I recommend coves.

You are allowed to upgrade while under ES, but no downgrading. Once you upgrade, you cannot go back down to where you were before or anything like that. Upgrades under ES are no big deal. You pay the difference, if there is any. So you can upgrade from a balcony to suite, or inside to a suite, whatever. You just simply pay whatever the difference is. It may even be the same price.

If you're wanting a category that will take longer to sell out, definitely look for one that has plenty of rooms within the category. If this is for a Fantasy class ship, there aren't many balconies on those ships that have any, so those may not last long. On the bigger ships, there's more to choose from.

Like another poster said, price drops occur when the sailing isn't selling as well as they thought. Sometimes, they'll allow free upgrades (pay for the lowest balcony & move up to a higher balcony) to try to fill the ship. This is usually under the Past Guest rate, but sometimes is even under the Fun Select rate. When that happens, many ES people apply for that upgrade, and people who are booking will move up. Then, the lowest balcony will have the most availability, & the higher balconies are sold out. It may not always work like that, but that seems to be the strategy.

On the ships designed like Triumph/Conquest/Splendor, the 8A balconies won't have as many rooms as 8B, 8C, 8D. On those ships, a good spot would be Empress deck, 8B or 8C. For Dream class, I recommend coves.

You are allowed to upgrade while under ES, but no downgrading. Once you upgrade, you cannot go back down to where you were before or anything like that. Upgrades under ES are no big deal. You pay the difference, if there is any. So you can upgrade from a balcony to suite, or inside to a suite, whatever. You just simply pay whatever the difference is. It may even be the same price.

Thank you!!

Archived