Lighthouse ?

GJM

We just got back from LOS and on our way back from Labadee - we see a lighthouse, it looks like it's in the middle of the ocean. Anyone have any info on this - just curious.

I know that you are not crazy. I have seen that lighthouse more than once and it appears like it is in he middle of the ocean, it is on a spit of land miles from nowhere. The first time I saw it I couldn't beleive it. I always thought though that it was on the way from Labadee towards Cuba.

It was our last day at sea - on our way back to FL - and we noticed it, my DH got the binoculars and it does sit on this little piece of sand, it looks like - it was just so strange to see.

We just got back from LOS and on our way back from Labadee - we see a lighthouse, it looks like it's in the middle of the ocean. Anyone have any info on this - just curious.

Cay Lobos Light House, owned by the Bahamas.

Main site - http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/bhs.htm.

If you scroll down (near the bottom) and click on Cay Lobos you will be taken here http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/photos/Caribbean/CayLobos.htm.

Archived