Past guest?

EandDtravels

We are booked on our first Carnival cruise. We have previously cruised on Princess. Since they are sister lines, are we considered past guests? Or do they not share that perk? I hadn't even considered this until the light bulb went on today. Never even thought to ask our PVP. And if so, should this be added to our booking info?

We are booked on our first Carnival cruise. We have previously cruised on Princess. Since they are sister lines, are we considered past guests? Or do they not share that perk? I hadn't even considered this until the light bulb went on today. Never even thought to ask our PVP. And if so, should this be added to our booking info?

Call your PVP and ask. It would not hurt to ask and they would know for sure.

I just answered a similar question earlier on this...

There aren't really any "loyalty" benefits that cross over to other Carnival Corp cruiselines, except you can get the equivilent of the past guest rate, they call it the VIP rate (vacation interchange privilege).

I just answered a similar question earlier on this...

There aren't really any "loyalty" benefits that cross over to other Carnival Corp cruiselines, except you can get the equivilent of the past guest rate, they call it the VIP rate (vacation interchange privilege).

I concur. Have considered booking a Princess cruise in the past and Have always received the PAST GUEST RATE on Princess because I'm PAST GUEST on Carnival. But none of the other perks associated with this status apply.

I would imagine the reverse is also true. (moving from Princess to Carnival)

We got credit for our Princess Cruise on our loyalty program. When we booked our first Carnival Cruise, we were concidered past guest because of our Princess Cruise. I don't remember how we did that, I believe they registered our Princess guest number, but they took it. Now the Princess cruise does not show up on our cruising history on the Carnival site, but they counted it and we are now gold level because of it.

Since you have previously sailed on a sister line to CCL you would be eligible for past guest rates if they are available on your sailing.:)

I hope they are and that get a nice rate. The past guest rate usually comes with free upgrades as well but only in the same category.

Good Luck

Bill

Archived