Food quality from ship to ship

eheif

For all you seasoned Princess cruiser.

I was wondering if the food quality varies from ship to ship (Princess).

Are the premium restaurants such as Sabitini's and Sterlings the same or similar? How about the buffet? We're traveling on the Sapphire in October and we were wondering if we could reference other discussions about the food.

Considering the case of evening dining only, there is definitely a difference in style and presentation depening on the executive chef. Even the best chef has the occasional disaster, so if you happen to notice your waiter subtly indicating that your choice might not be the best, take their advice.

I would think that there would be some differences based on the chef and staff. Even in land based chain restaurants, you will have some differences in quality and presentation, even though the recipes are the same.

Overall, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Enjoy your cruise!

When we were on the Sapphire last Oct. we noticed a major change in the buffet dishes compared to other princess buffet's. It had improved greatly, so I would think it would be the chef.

Marilyn

Executive chef can make a huge difference.

Mar 98, Royal Princess, Buenos Aires to Barcelona, food only average, at best.

Sep 98, Royal Princess, Southampton to NYC, different chef, food very good to excellent.

Itinerary can also have an influence on food, as much of the food is obtained locally, and prepositioned at the terminals for on-loading. Best hope that the prepostioned containers make it - Sky Princess, Apr 97, Osaka Japan to Vancouver BC, several containers did not make it to the pier before we sailed. Ran out of veggies, milk and ice cream before the Aleutians. At Dutch Harbor, purser's office and galley crew "cleaned out" local grocery store.

Archived