Navigator to the West Coast?

DON M.

Do we have any updated info on this? I can't wait till this ship arrives in the West. Do we know where she may be ported? :D

Right now, it looks like January, 2007. Originally, I had heard summer of 2006, which I questioned. Someone at RCI seems to have looked at a calander and realized Summer of 06 would have Navigator rounding the Horn of South America in the middle of their winter. NOT A GOOD THING!

I'm really curious as to how long the repo cruise would be. DH and I would love to go!

They may do a series of South America cruises, similar to what Princess is doing with the Golden before she comes to the west coast in 2007.

Is that why the Monarch has some weird cruises in Jan 07. The cruise ends on a sunday which makes no sense for the normal route?

No.... they will not be putting a Voyager class ship into the 3 to 4 day slot that the Monarch has now.

The Monarch is doing a series of 5 day and 2 day cruises thru the '06 holidays and will resume the 3 and 4 day schudule again after that.

Since they are looking at moving her in January.... can you think of anything much better than New Years in Rio?? :D

I had not heard about doing it is January.

The RCL website shows the ship being in the Caribbean in April of 2007

I had not heard about doing it is January.

The RCL website shows the ship being in the Caribbean in April of 2007

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=4030380&postcount=39

Early, probably January. She has to go around South America so it has to be a winter departure so she rounds the horn during the southern hemisphere's summer. Last I heard they were working on the South America Itinerary for the Repositioning.

• 2 weeks later...

On our cruise this last week, the Loyalty Ambassador was saying that they are moving the Navigator to the West Coast. He said that they are moving her instead of a Radiance class ship because she would be a larger draw. Guess we just need to wait and see when she arrives for sure. :D

On our cruise this last week, the Loyalty Ambassador was saying that they are moving the Navigator to the West Coast. He said that they are moving her instead of a Radiance class ship because she would be a larger draw. Guess we just need to wait and see when she arrives for sure. :D
Still crossing my fingers on this one. I don't think The Mexican Riviera would work well for a Radiance class ship. However it is perfect for a Voyager class ship. Plus a Voyager class ship can't go up to Alaska during the summer, therefor she will be in LA year round.

Still crossing my fingers on this one. I don't think The Mexican Riviera would work well for a Radiance class ship. However it is perfect for a Voyager class ship. Plus a Voyager class ship can't go up to Alaska during the summer, therefor she will be in LA year round.

I believe the Voyager class ships can be handled in the Alaskan ports. They may have to take the outside route to get there but the ports are deep water.

I believe the Voyager class ships can be handled in the Alaskan ports. They may have to take the outside route to get there but the ports are deep water.

I honestly hope you are wrong. I am tired of loosing the Vision of the Seas during the summer. Plus a Voyager class ship is not built for cold weather cruising. They don't have covered solariums, etc. I still want to know what genius thought that one up.

I honestly hope you are wrong. I am tired of loosing the Vision of the Seas during the summer. Plus a Voyager class ship is not built for cold weather cruising. They don't have covered solariums, etc. I still want to know what genius thought that one up.

I understand your desire for 7 day cruises out of LA in the summer but I do not believe that will happen. With the prumium prices they get in Alaska I would expect they will continue to send whatever ship is in LA up north. Over the years there have been many ships in Alaska without covered pools.

Well we're still keeping our fingers crossed that Navigator will come to LA (or even SF occassionally).

We were looking at an itinerary on the Grand Princess out of SF on 4/12 or 4/22 in 2007 but if Navigator will be out here, even in LA, I think we'd like to do that. But who knows - it's so far away still.

All that was said was "west coast"... with the limited turn around room in San Pedro, I cannot imagine they would port her there. My bet is San Diego. :D

All that was said was "west coast"... with the limited turn around room in San Pedro, I cannot imagine they would port her there. My bet is San Diego. :D
I thought about this. I am not sure that a Voyager class ship wouln't fit. There are cargo ships a lot bigger than a Voyager class ship that go into San Pedro everyday.

I thought about this. I am not sure that a Voyager class ship wouln't fit. There are cargo ships a lot bigger than a Voyager class ship that go into San Pedro everyday.

Shh. Don't tell RCI that. I would love to cruise a Voyager class ship out of San Diego. I might even be able to get my brother to cruise with me as he lives in San Diego.

Archived