blue lagoon island

Fireflymkz76

Could you give us some better info. You say nice little beach.is it crowded. Pretty waters. A fun day for families. Please share

We just returned from our cruise and did the Blue Lagoon thru DolphinEncounters.com. The island is beautiful and the kids had a ball on the water park, we also rented one of those giant tricycles. Lunch was good for the type it was. It was crowded the day we went. We did have some issues getting over to Paradise Island to catch the ferry. So give yourself plenty of time. As we left the ship, we were approached by a tourism guy who offered to get us on a water taxi..right now...that taxi was full, put us on another one that wasn't leaving for 30 minutes, we missed our check in time, then had to wait for the next ferry so by the time we actually got to the Blue Lagoon, it was crowded and all the adults were frustrated...but again...kids had a ball, we also snorkeled by didn't see much.

Could you give us some better info. You say nice little beach.is it crowded. Pretty waters. A fun day for families. Please share

We just returned from our cruise and did the Blue Lagoon thru DolphinEncounters.com. The island is beautiful and the kids had a ball on the water park, we also rented one of those giant tricycles. Lunch was good for the type it was. It was crowded the day we went. We did have some issues getting over to Paradise Island to catch the ferry. So give yourself plenty of time. As we left the ship, we were approached by a tourism guy who offered to get us on a water taxi..right now...that taxi was full, put us on another one that wasn't leaving for 30 minutes, we missed our check in time, then had to wait for the next ferry so by the time we actually got to the Blue Lagoon, it was crowded and all the adults were frustrated...but again...kids had a ball, we also snorkeled by didn't see much. We did not do the dolphin swim or encounter but you could watch the dolphins play from the walkway to that side of the island.

is there snorkeling there? From what I have seen in pictures it is just clear blue water. I am looking forward to relaxing on the beach but would love to snorkel too.

There isn't too to see in the lagoon area...this is a good thing considering the kids are swimming in there:eek::D, but if you go to the other side of the island it takes you to the ocean, you can see more if you snorkel off the beach over there...

Hi, I have a few questions about the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter that I have (booked thru CCL) for 1230-430. I know alot of people go directly but since I'm a first time cruiser with young children, Im just doing excursions through the ship this time.

When I booked our depature time was 10pm but now it's 6pm. So we will coming back to the ship and pretty much not have anytime for anything else. It says that we leave from the Port, does anyone know what time our actual encounter would be? is there a way to find out or just have to wait until we get there? I'm just wondering if we have enough time to spend on the beach, I'd love to go earlier but since we are leaving from the ship not sure this is possible. I've also read that things close down on the island around 4pm. Does anyone know when they do their last encounter? would we leave the island at 4 to get back at 430 or would we leave the island at 430 and get back about 5pm??

If anyone knows these answers please let me know, I was comfortable when we didnt leave port until later but now I'm nervous. I really wanted to try conch fritters too. I've read to try the ones in the port terminal, does anyone know the name of the place?

Chris :p

Hi, I have a few questions about the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter that I have (booked thru CCL) for 1230-430. I know alot of people go directly but since I'm a first time cruiser with young children, Im just doing excursions through the ship this time.

When I booked our depature time was 10pm but now it's 6pm. So we will coming back to the ship and pretty much not have anytime for anything else. It says that we leave from the Port, does anyone know what time our actual encounter would be? is there a way to find out or just have to wait until we get there? I'm just wondering if we have enough time to spend on the beach, I'd love to go earlier but since we are leaving from the ship not sure this is possible. I've also read that things close down on the island around 4pm. Does anyone know when they do their last encounter? would we leave the island at 4 to get back at 430 or would we leave the island at 430 and get back about 5pm??

If anyone knows these answers please let me know, I was comfortable when we didnt leave port until later but now I'm nervous. I really wanted to try conch fritters too. I've read to try the ones in the port terminal, does anyone know the name of the place?

Chris :p

It takes about a half an hour or so to get over to the island so your encounter is probably at 1:00...between the orientation and the encounter you will need about an hour...so you should have time for the beach. I think the last ferry leaves the island at 4:30 so you would get back to the ship around 5:00.

Don't really know too much about the conch fritters, don't eat them. Don't be nervous, as long as you get on that last ferry you will be fine...we have gotten back on the ship with a minute to spare...don't recommend that, but you have time. Also, since you booked through the ship they will wait for you as long as you go right back to the ship.

I would do any shopping or anything else before the excursion...

Archived