cova cafe

raysue

We understand that we get "free esspreso" (capachino also?) in our suite, that our butler will bring to us.

Can we also get free coffee drinks in the cova cafe or so we need to pay for them? (Yes, I am greedy! This is a once in a lifetime trip and I want to suck oll the goodies out of the experriance!)icon10.gif

Thanks for any repies.

Sue

I felt like having for breakfast a cappuccino rather than reg. coffee and our waiter ordered it from the Cava Cafe and brought it right away! we pay regular, same as we we were charge at the Cova Cafe. That can tell you how great the service and how great the coffees they make!

Raysue - anytime you feel like having a cappucino, just call your butler and request it. No need to go to the Cova Cafe. But - if you happen to be wandering the ship and want one, then, yes, you will have to pay for it. You don't get the piece of chocolate with the cappucino in the suite like you do at the Cova.

If you write in chocolate or almond next to the croissants on the room service breakfast menu, your butler will get them for you and they are amazing. We always end up with several each day.

Which ship and suite will you be doing? It sounds like this is your first suite experience. Some butlers are better than others. There is a whole thread on here somewhere about them and what to expect. Enjoy!

We understand that we get "free esspreso" (capachino also?) in our suite, that our butler will bring to us.

Can we also get free coffee drinks in the cova cafe or so we need to pay for them? (Yes, I am greedy! This is a once in a lifetime trip and I want to suck oll the goodies out of the experriance!)icon10.gif

Thanks for any repies.

Sue

Greed is such a nasty word. Lets refer to it as being intelligant enough to take advantage of everything nice.

Parrotgirl,

Thanks for the advice about the chocolate and almond criossents!

This IS our first suite experiance on Celebraty, by the time we sail on the Mercury in October, we will have been in a suite on Princess to Alaska in June. From what I have read on these boards, the experiance will be very differant on the Mercury....We will be in a sky suite (on deck 10 GRUMP! There were none left on 12) I am looking forward with great anticipation, and a little aprehension to having a butler... I really don't know what one DOES with a butler... (askes him to bring one almond criossents among other things... YIPEE!!!)

Teajak,

I DO like your correction of my calling myself "greedy" being "ntellegant enought to be open to everything nice" sounds sooo much bettericon11.gif

I normally don't use the butler a lot except to deliver breakfast and get the occasional bottle of water or cappucino. This past trip, we were traveling with 17 family members and we were in a royal suite. On my husband's birthday, I had a party with an open bar and lots of goodies for the family, including chocolate covered strawberries and an awesome chocolate mousse birthday cake. The butler set up the snacks for us and cleaned up afterwards. We had a separate bartender.

We're pretty self sufficient and have been scolded by our butlers in the past for getting things for ourselves when they could have gotten them for us.

The pastries at the Cova Cafe are complimentary? I didn't know that!
Yup. It's a "good news" "bad news" kind of thing. The good news is that there's all kinds of them, and they are positively delicious. The bad news, as it turns out, is that they are free, providing no excuse whatever for not being sure you've sampled everything during the course of a cruise!

We're pretty self sufficient and have been scolded by our butlers in the past for getting things for ourselves when they could have gotten them for us.

I'm afraid we'll hear the same speech. As noted, we only switched to the SS on Galaxy to approximate the space to which we're accustomed in aft CC cabins on the M-Class ships. We've done the FO cabins on the Galaxy twice, but on the longer trips (next is 12 nt), the veranda is a real plus, and now the smaller CC cabins on Galaxy (same as the Cat 2 cabins on M-Class) would seem small. I think my wife would vote for the SS just to be able to shave her legs in a real bathtub!

So, onward to our first butler experience.

Assistance with unpacking/packing

Daily news delivery

Full breakfast

In-suite lunch & dinner service

In-suite afternoon tea service

Evening hors d'oeuvres daily

Complimentary espresso & cappuccino

Shoeshine service

I wonder how many take advantage of item #1. I think most of us would prefer to handle both on our own. It's nice to know where things are, and all of us have certain preferences in packing.

I grab a copy of the daily news down by Guest Relations myself. It's a rare day that I don't find my way there at least once, especially on at-sea days. That said, I guess it would be nice to have one in the a.m. with coffee.

Our cabin steward always took good care of us the few times we've ordered breakfast in the cabin from the CC breakfast menu. Not sure what additional help the butler brings to this.

We've never done lunch or dinner in the cabin except under the rare circumstance that we're travelling with our grandson and he's not up to dinner in the main dining area. Even if we'd wanted to do this, it's available in CC cabins as well. The only difference is that it gets served course by course in suites. Perhaps the extra hands of a butler are what help make this possible?

Afternoon tea never happens on port days (nobody home), but we do enjoy taking advantage of high tea as offered on an at-sea day. Now that we have a few Celebrity cruises under our belts, I'm curious to know where they put their frequent flyers for this event on the X ships that don't have specialty restaurants. Back to the point -- I suppose we might take advantage of this once or twice since we alway schedule a late seating dinner.

Afternoon tea is all we dare do before dinner. Another Q: Are the horsed overs offered in suites any different from those served in CC cabins?

OK -- we've got to the one perk that I will make a habit. Cova Cafe coffee / cappucino / whatever first thing every morning will make my day. Again, I suppose that it might be the extra set of hands provided by the butler that makes the run down there possible vs. the cabin steward that usually brings breakfast and coffee in CC cabins.

I'm not sure that I'll need my shoes shined, and I certainly have never felt put out in those very few events where they needed a bit of a touch up. I travel a great deal, so have the "neutral kit" with me at all times anyway.

As for things not on Celebrity's list -- I've heard about the butler taking care of reservations, but I can't imagine what reservations he'd make for us. There's no specialty restaurant to reserve (I do that before departure anyway to assure a date and time); any shore excursions not already made prior to departure can be done readily right on the television; I prefer to deal directly with the on-board golf pro for golf excursions and simulator time so as to work them around all of the other schedules.

OK -- what did your butler say you needed to have him do for you?

Archived