Star review 4.8.12

We are on the Star now and have to say this is one of the best cruises we have done. Everyone has gone above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. Guest services calls Avery day to see if we need anything all thechew greets you when you pass.

We had dinner in Le Bistro and food and service was excellent. Even with last minute reservations for eight.

We had 2 lobster nights. On the second night,we had decided treating Blue Lagoon, our server wanted to make sure we knew it was lobster night so we wouldn't missit.

Have not tried Moderno yet. Will let you know how it is.

Knitlady....so glad your having a great time! :)

I am waiting to hear all about Moderno. Can't Wait.

What's making this cruise the best so far?

(I forgot that you are from the same 'area' as me. Got about 3" of rain on the island yesterday. Terrible weather here this week)

Knitlady....so glad your having a great time! :)

I am waiting to hear all about Moderno. Can't Wait.

What's making this cruise the best so far?

(I forgot that you are from the same 'area' as me. Got about 3" of rain on the island yesterday. Terrible weather here this week)

We had a great roll call and made great friends. We are booking the repo on the Dawn next April with a lot of the same folks. Being upgraded to the DOS has a lot to do with the great experience also. But once you are out of the room no one knows where you are staying and everyoneis being treated very well

We had a great roll call and made great friends. We are booking the repo on the Dawn next April with a lot of the same folks. Being upgraded to the DOS has a lot to do with the great experience also. But once you are out of the room no one knows where you are staying and everyoneis being treated very well

Booking a Repo >>> on my bucket list.

Dawn will still be in Boston next year?

I LOVED the Owner's Suite on the Jewel!

Your on deck 12? Have you taken a peek at the SJ? Family Suites? ;)

That is what we are booking next. They are great. We are doing the Tampa to Boston repo next year

I checked that repo out before after you mentioned it. Pretty cool!

Something about the SJ that caught my eye. I just wanted it.

Even had to go a week later since it was not available for the

4/29 cruise.

I first grabbed the biggest cabin next to the handicap cabin next to the

doors to the pool, but realized that the jogging track is above and might get lots of traffic plus I didn't want people going into the meeting rooms when my door was open while cabin got cleaned, plus all the traffic the might come through that way, so we switched to the one next to DOS like DH originally wanted. lol Nice and quiet up front since ppl shouldn't have any reason to come down that way. ;)

SJ cabin looks awesome.....from what I can see in a picture. :D

We are on the Star now and have to say this is one of the best cruises we have done. Everyone has gone above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. Guest services calls Avery day to see if we need anything all thechew greets you when you pass.

We had dinner in Le Bistro and food and service was excellent. Even with last minute reservations for eight.

We had 2 lobster nights. On the second night,we had decided treating Blue Lagoon, our server wanted to make sure we knew it was lobster night so we wouldn't missit.

Is Moderno open yet on the Star?

I am really nervous, but as the original poster stated, "no cruise is a bad cruise". My entire family choice of line is Carnival. Maybe because we haven't sailed anything else. Hence, we are sailing on the NCL Star from New Orleans in November. (Hitting all same ports as mentioned in this thread: Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, and Honduras.) I am hoping that we like the Star because she is just slightly bigger than the size of ship we like, and slightly smaller than the class of ship we didn't like. I am a bit concerned with the idea of "you can't get there from here".

A main question I have is regarding disembarkation. Does anyone know about New Orleans? About what time should I expect to get off the ship and on the road. My family will be driving, but they need to drop me off at the airport and I didn't know what time to book my flight out. I have sailed to the other New Orleans terminal with Carnival but not the one with NCL.

Thanks in advance!!!

I think the poster was talking about getting to the Versaille dining room being tricky. Easiest way is to go aft, and take those elevators down. Otherwise, you might need to go to deck 7 and walk down one flight of stairs.

I was on the Spirit last year out of New Orleans, and I believe that we disembarked between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. Depends on many parameters, but that would be the normal time.

Love the live reviews....keep it coming. :)

I think the poster was talking about getting to the Versaille dining room being tricky. Easiest way is to go aft, and take those elevators down. Otherwise, you might need to go to deck 7 and walk down one flight of stairs.

I was on the Spirit last year out of New Orleans, and I believe that we disembarked between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. Depends on many parameters, but that would be the normal time.

Thanks for the response. Any info regarding the Star is helpful. We are all anxious (excited) as this is our first NCL.

Is Moderno open yet on the Star?

yes it did. it opened on the 19th. it took them a few days to get some things sorted out, but we had dinner there on the 21st and the meats were excellent. the staff paid no attention to the red/green cards for meat. they just kept bringing it and it was all good to incredible. their sides we lacking in variety, but what i tried was good. its borderline IMO if its worth the cover, $10-15 i would say is fine but they push it. i know the protein isn't cheap though. overall, if you're in the mood for more than one kind of protein, its the best place to eat

Heh. I found the Star to be extremely easy to navigate. By the 2nd day I was strutting around like I owned the ship.

In contrast, when I was on the Crown Princess I was still aimlessly lost and wandering around in circles right up until debarkation.

It's probably just what you're used to and/or what you're expecting. The Star seemed to have a fairly basic and straightforward layout, if you ask me.

The only real issue we had (worthy of mentioning) is the entrance to Aqua is between two elevator doors. And if you're not careful you can easily walk right on by it.

Funnily enough, just the other day we were sorting through our digital pictures and my GF made the comment that the Star was more glamorous, ritzy, and cleaner looking than the Crown Princess. And I had to agree.

Archived