Drink coupons only cover $5.75?

Bryanhoop

I was hoping that by buying some of the BV drink coupons as a gift that the cost of a drink for the recipients would actually be covered. It looks like 90% of the drink selections are over $5.75, meaning that they will have to cover the rest themselves. I was imagining the cruisers laying out on Lido, ordering a cocktail, and giving the waiter a coupon to cover the transaction. Now it looks like they will have to go through with the formality of paying for the drink, which is what I wanted to avoid.

Does it not kind of make it a chintzy gift?

I'd prefer that a drink coupon be good for any drink, not just a jigger/soda, domestic beer, or house wine. It's things like this that push people to smuggle, IMO.

it saves you on the tax and tip and allows you to pre-cover some of your bar bill, also if you ask for the Drink of the day in a regular glass instead of a hurricane glass its cheaper

Where and how do you buy these coupons?

You can buy them on the CC website through BV. I know some have said they get attitude from servers but we have never had a problem using them. Yes DOD's are more and you pay the difference but IMO still worth it;)

What happens if you buy the drink coupons and don't use all of them? Do you get a refund back? How does this work with your S&S account?

They are like the photo coupons and don't expire. So just take them on the next trip.

When I get them, I just get a beer. They are 5.75 and just hand over my coupon and viola! The tip is already included. If you are in international waters, there is no tax. Bottoms up!! :D

Fun Ship dollars is like applying a gift certificate to your account. If you don't spend everything applied to your account you get a refund. Drink coupons can only be used for drinks and may not cover the cost of what they order. Funship dollars can be applied to anything you buy with your S&S card. Enjoy!

Archived