Fascination Mini review 4/14 - 4/19

blackjackz

I am not one to write long reviews, but just some thoughts after getting off the Fascination yesterday. This was our first cruise btw.

Stewards were great. Excellent service.

MDR food was better than I expected. We had Anytime dining.

Food in the Lido was average. It was much better if you happened to get it hot.

Absolute worst part - Half Moon Cay was canceled because of high winds. It was one of the main reasons for booking this particular cruise. But I knew this was possible going in. They did add Freeport as a stop after the HMC cancellation. So we stopped in Nassau and Freeport. I know they are not everyone's favorites, but we liked them. We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon and loved it and the Blue Lagoon beach.

We just did shopping and public beach at Port Lucaya in Freeport. Not bad.

Overall we had a great time. Thanks to all for all of the info I read on here the months leading up to the cruise. I would be happy to answer any Fascination questions.

Sorry to hear you missed HMC. I really hope that does not happen when we sail at the end of May. Do you recall what your port times were for Nassau? We were scheduled from 8 to 10, but looks like it changed to 8 to 6 pm. Not that I mind, I hear most things shut down at 5 other than right at the pier (Senor Frogs) and you really don't want to be out and about after dark there anyway. I was just curious about your trip...

Sorry to hear you missed HMC. I really hope that does not happen when we sail at the end of May. Do you recall what your port times were for Nassau? We were scheduled from 8 to 10, but looks like it changed to 8 to 6 pm. Not that I mind, I hear most things shut down at 5 other than right at the pier (Senor Frogs) and you really don't want to be out and about after dark there anyway. I was just curious about your trip...

We were originally scheduled to be there until 10, but it was changed to 8.

Nope no reimbursement. At least I have read on here several times about it being canceled, so I was sort of prepared. It was pretty windy the day before at sea, so we were already thinking about it.

The bad part was we woke up early and saw a couple of tender boats already, so I figured we were good. But now I am guessing those early boats were just transporting food and supplies or something, as soon after that, we got the announcement. It was sad watching the island fade away as we left.

Archived