Anybody start their weight loss plan this week(4/18/2012)?

JackieH

Really just posting this to 'bump' it up..so I don't have to look for it later on...

Walked the beach today...really felt good to get out there...

I've been good all week..

Hope I'm not disappointed on Sunday...

got my polar hrm and my camelback and started using them on friday! drank 104 ounces of water on my first day with the camelback. and found out that i was REALLY overestimating my calories burned while weight training. but i changed my calorie intake to lose one pound a week instead of two and it has me eating about 1900 a day.

i also got suckered into a personal training thingy at my gym. $250 a month :eek: but maybe it will really help me get on track. i've spent ten years gaining and losing and never getting lasting results that i was happy with - so maybe this is what i need. my new personal trainer, vinny, has me wearing my hrm all day today (my day off) to find out what my 'resting' metabolic rate is: how many calories i burn in a regular day without working out. 1294 in 12.5 hours so far, and many of them were spent sleeping.

still only down 3.2 pounds - but it's something, i guess. hitting it hard again today and looking forward to my cruise :D

Had my weigh in on Fri at -17# overall...yay!!! And I felt horrible before the weigh in knowing I had a rough week and a Hard weekend ahead...Ended up taking the weekend off... kind of. I ate like a "normal person" at the two parties I attended and had a few beers which I had not had in a long while so I will be curious as to how well I do this week with this weekend being a somewhat blow to the gut...pun intended.

Weighed in last night and found out I haven't lost or gained anything more or than a pound which to be could have been what I was wearing... So onto the next week of challenging choices...I will have to weigh in early next Friday as the wife has planned a date night at Fogo De Chao (a new favorite restaurant) to celebrate my lack of nictotine indulgence...which will be two months and 3 days or 65 days...YAY

Good luck everyone on their weigh ins.. can't wait to hear good news...

Wow..I just re-read my last post and it should say I'm down 2.7 lbs..not 27!..would be nice but not in 4 weeks!

Anyway..weighed in again today and am only down .3...but my losses seem to show up every OTHER week so I'm not discouraged..

really worked out every day this week with the exception of one and did alot of walking that day... DH was in the hospital..(.long story but he seems okay now).

I've added more reps to some of my routines and started to get in the pool regularly for some exercises and swim a few laps (very few:rolleyes:) along with a daily bike ride...so I feel good about what I'm doing so far...

Good luck to all this week!

elegato I couldn't help but notice the variety of cruises you have said on. Could I ask you, which you enjoyed the most? If you dont mind what age group you fell in while on it, or what type of cruiser you are it may help to understand why you enjoyed it so much?

Getn..

Glad to answer...first of all...we are 58 & 62 respectively...pretty nerdy...enjoy people but live a pretty quiet "hermity" lifestyle...not party people at all but love all kinds of good music.... lucky enough to have been retired for the past 10+ years.

This is a second marriage for both of us...(I have 2 grown kids and 3 g'kids..DH has none). Probably our favorite cruise was the NCL Sea (repo) MIA to NY for selfish reasons..we were 'married' on that ship..off the coast of Bermuda. It was a very old ship but it was 13days..we met tons of great people and have lots of great memories!

We were both (confessed) Celebrity snobs until we 'discovered' other lines and I have to say they're all good for different reasons!

Cruising has declined so much in the past ten years...quality of food..extras..etc...but the prices have remained the same or dropped from the past so it's a give and take.

In the past 5 yrs or so we've discovered CCL and really like them for their price points..and since we are both smokers:eek:..we can still smoke on our balcony on CCL and not feel like criminals when we are on vacation!

We live in FL so CCL has many choices from ports that are all convenient to us.

As far as itinerary...we really enjoyed Alaska but we regret that we didn't add the land tour on...feel like we didn't see the REAL Alaska..and plan to go back in the near future.

Panama Canal was awesome...DH surprised me with that one cause he got a last minute deal so we didn't do a full-transit..but I really enjoyed Princess for that one..in my opinion they do the best job of giving background info on places of interest..I've heard they are the best for Alaska also...but we went with X and frankly the narration by the native Inuit when we did the day cruise near the Glacier was quite lacking...hard to hear and disorganized...

Our other cruises have been to E & W Caribbean...and since this is getting long-winded I'll wind it up...but please feel free to ask any other questions you have.

I noticed you've sailed RCL..we've only been on one with them and were very impressed with the choices of activites and the beauty of the ship..not sure if we really like the mega-ships though..too many people...maybe if we were younger?!

Thank you for your detailed answer. I was quite a bit younger (mentally) on the only cruise I have taken with family as a guest. And I was quite spoiled if you ask me, but I have alway since been interested and am looking in advance for anyone and everyone's advice in "the next one" being ship, destination, line...etc hoping that the wife likes to cruise as much as I dd my first time and that enjoy it as much as I did as well.

But again thank you for your candid response and details included. Good luck in the weeks to come on all our journeys we are presently taking.

Anytime you have questions..esp about the Caribbean..I can probably give you an answer or find out where to direct you..please ask anytime...

Good luck with your weight loss...It really helps me to 'talk' with so many motivated people!

I've done well this week....added swimming and some water aerobics to my usual bike rides, weights, floor ex and nordiktrac...hope to add some walking to the mix next week. I never eat too much anymore and when I want a snack get about a 1/2c of tropical trail mix...come in under 1200 cal everyday.

I wish I could motivate DH to work-out..so far..it's a 'no' but he is eating less and has lost about 10lbs in the past month.

Yeah I haven't added any work-out plans yet. It is mainly just taking stairs more often, softball once a week (doubleheader games) and then regular work days nothing really extra but if I dont see any loss this week I weill have to start something...whether its walking the dog after work or taking some time to do floor work. I will have to start something. Anyway I have to give the little boy a tubby...night!

Sounds like you're active enough..I, on the other hand am retired so if left to my own devices would sit all day at a computer or doing puzzles etc..so I HAVE to get moving!

Aw..how old is your little boy?

I have 3 G'kids...8, 6 and 4..can't wait to see them (next month) when we re-locate to NC for the summer.

Little guy is 2 1/2 going on 7...haha he is an awnry as his Father and as cute as his mother...god help us with this one...but he keeps me moving (cleaning up or seeing where he has ventured off to surely doing something he should be). So I guess there is some activity there as well.

Yeah..the little ones do keep you moving..when I have my g'kids for any length of time (usually summers in NC)..I'm worn out after three days!..although I love it...

Keep up the good work everyone...weigh-in Sunday..I'm psyched..I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that were falling off!

weighed in last night and found that I am still on track but not as much as I have wanted...but good thing is not my Caloric intake has too drop, so that is a good sign (not that i have been eating all the alotted calories anyway). But last night was a celebration night. Mostly "clean eating" at Fogo De Chao...LOVE THAT PLACE. so I am a little weary to step on the scaletoday but I wont and will just find a way to be a little more active this week! Good luk tomorrow on your weigh ins.

Where has everyone ele been?! I have 99 days until my disembarkation, and that means 98 days until my first final weigh in.

Weigh-in day..lost .9 lb..not as much as I'd hoped but a loss anyway...also measured..waist is smaller...so are thighs and hips..upper arm stayed the same but I've been working with weights..so..don't expect that to shrink..just firm I hope!

Good luck everyone...you all keep me motivated...

Tomorrow's weigh-in day..I'm curious to see how I did cause I had company last week and cheated a little (4 glasses of wine over two days and some extra junk foods) but all in all worked out all days..just for not as long..and it rained yesterday so no swimming and no bike ride..but I'm back at it today and still expect a small weight loss...

Well I weighed in last ight a -1 more lb... not ecstatic but not disappointed either...guess this will be the first wall...but good news is I am in a range I havent seen in a few years!

Yeah! Weighed-in today and am down 1.6 lbs! Very stoked cause I did cheat a little this week cause of company but will be working hard this week cause we're getting ready to pack up for our summer home in NC...lots of stuff to pull out and last minute things to do around the house.

Getnby..congrats on the loss! Any loss is a good one.

I'm down to 155 from 165+ on April 1st..haven't seen 155 in many years...

Sh**..weigh-in day...I'm up a lb!..not happy but I deserve it..I was a little too generous with my portions this week and am paying for it now....trying to clean out the cupboards and fridge before we leave for our Summer home...hate to waste food..

We were planning to leave last night but the rainy weather here in FL put the trip off cause we just couldn't get the yard stuff finished in time..now we're shooting for Tuesday...

I plan to hit the work-outs hard when I can this week..then will have to re-vamp exercise routine in the mtns...there is no bike riding...too many hills and gravel roads etc...

I'm ordering a step machine..have a Wii fit up there and plan to walk to the mailbox everyday (almost a mile rt)..

Good luck to everyone this week..my next post will probably be from NC!

well we all have our setbacks but it is a daily battle. I am down another pound or two depending on the scale. My blood pressure has dropped so thats goal number 2 completed and now the long haul for weight and look.

I had a long day with family yesterday probably 4-5mi walked with stroller or wagon and carrying my son...in 90 degre weather for a local celebration.

I m starteing to see the changes but am still not happy with results so far. Not wanting immediate gratification but cant be happy seeing the same thing everyday...I'll get there eventually!

@weatherchannel

Statement from NWS Mobile shows 21.70" of rain 11 miles southwest of Pensacola in the 24 hours ending 8 am CDT Sunday

Good Luck with that...hope everything is ok...and you get to where your going when you get there!

Archived