Help Me Make Up My Mind - Hotel

JDF

I'm usually very decisive, but can't figure out where to book a hotel in Saint Maarten (Dutch or French side). Our stay is only for one night (prior to catching a cruise) but the hotels in Philipsburg don't look to appealing. I looked at the Sonesta Maho and from the reviews I read, uh, maybe we'll stay away. The Holland House looks OK, but not great. Thinking about L'Esplenade, curious if it's worth the 35 minute drive?

Any hidden wonders which I'm missing? Budget up to $400.00 for the night.

Thanks for any inspiration.

-Jim

I'm usually very decisive, but can't figure out where to book a hotel in Saint Maarten (Dutch or French side). Our stay is only for one night (prior to catching a cruise) but the hotels in Philipsburg don't look to appealing. I looked at the Sonesta Maho and from the reviews I read, uh, maybe we'll stay away. The Holland House looks OK, but not great. Thinking about L'Esplenade, curious if it's worth the 35 minute drive?

Any hidden wonders which I'm missing? Budget up to $400.00 for the night.

Thanks for any inspiration.

-Jim

If your cruise leaves from Philipsburg I would recommend the Simpson Bay area. The Flamingo resort is quite nice. If you leave from Marigot then Grand Case is where I would stay. I have been on the grounds of the L'Esplenade and they are gorgeous. Grand Case Beach Club is where we stay in Grand Case.

http://www.grandcasebeachclub.com/

If your cruise leaves from Philipsburg I would recommend the Simpson Bay area. The Flamingo resort is quite nice. If you leave from Marigot then Grand Case is where I would stay. I have been on the grounds of the L'Esplenade and they are gorgeous. Grand Case Beach Club is where we stay in Grand Case.

http://www.grandcasebeachclub.com/

Thanks Karysa. The cruise is departing out of Marigot. Grand Case it is.

-Jim

Thanks Karysa. The cruise is departing out of Marigot. Grand Case it is.

-Jim

What a great way to start off a cruise. We feel safe walking from the Grand Case Beach Club to restaurant row and within 5 -10 minutes you will have many wonderful places to choose from. Have a great vacation.

Archived