Past Guest Party

lynnw68

They weren't on the same day back in March on the Valor. Although the past guest party was very disppointing. The ratio of food servers to drink servers was about 5-1. I don't think most people go to the past guest party for the free food.

Thats weird on the same day I havent ran into that yet in 10 Carnival cruises, I recently got off a 5 day Ecstasy cruise with Half Moon Cay included & they had the past guest at 5pm the 2ND to last day in the main showroom & on the LAST day they had the fun farewell in CHINATOWN area/room at 5pm! VERY FUN both times had the same waiter!

Just got off the Elation (5 night cruise). Past Guest party was on the 2nd day at 5pm and the Fun Farewell party was on the last day at 5pm. Both were very nice in my opinion. Had a great group of people to sit with, lots of laughs and the service was good. The drinks came around faster than I could drink them. Even ordered specialty drinks at the past guest one and the red wine at the farewell one was really good... :) Asked the Asst. Cruise Director to join us at the farewell party and he did so for awhile and that was nice.

I have yet to see them schedule the Past Guest party and the Fun Farewell Party the same day - usually the Past Guest party is in the afternoon of the fifth day, and the Fun Farewell Party is in the afternoon of the last day.

past guest is usually around the beginning of the cruise and the farewell at the end. think only on 6 days and more.

Believe it is on 5 day or more. We had our PGP on first sea day of our last 5 day cruise and then FWP on last sea day.

So since this will be my 2nd time I will be invited?

Yes you will :) An invitation will be left in your cabin.

So since this will be my 2nd time I will be invited?

YUP, currently carnival's Past guest party(5 day or longer cruises only) is for the 2nd Cruise with them & so on! The fun farewell is open to the public in the Carnival funtimes you will see it at 5pm on the last day listing where it will be held(diff. on every ship) ***FYI carnival is changing there past guest loyalty requirements & levels so stay tuned if it changes before your next cruise***

Wondering about the Fun Farewell party. Do kids go to this as well? Can you order drinks is it just one at a time and can you take the drink with you when you leave? As it's at 5pm and we dine at 6pm, it will be a little tight?

Just came back from the Pride.

Yes kids can go. The waiters had fruit punch for the kids.

We had 6pm dinner also. My husband did not go with me so I showered and dressed before I went and stayed for about 1/2 hour. I had two drinks and took one with me :D I do not think you can order anything different then what the waiters had....champagne, wisky sour, apple sour, wine, non-alcoholic fruit punch, screw driver. I may be forgetting one or two.

Different days. I just got off of a 5 day on Paradise and the Past Guest was the day after the Elegant Night and the first port day. Obviously, the other party was on the last night. Funny enough there much fewer people at the Farewell party then at the Past Guest, but the service was great at both.

Different days. I just got off of a 5 day on Paradise and the Past Guest was the day after the Elegant Night and the first port day. Obviously, the other party was on the last night. Funny enough there much fewer people at the Farewell party then at the Past Guest, but the service was great at both.

I don't think people realize that the drinks are free at the Fun Farewell Party. I saw a few people try and give their sign and sale card to the waiter. They were very happy when the waiter said "drinks are free":D

We sailed Sat to Thurs. Past guest was Mon or Tues and farewell was Wed. Farewell was at 5 and we went straight to dinner at 6 with like 4 drinks in head each! At past guest, we each got maybe 2 drinks, but the people behind us got about 5 each.

Archived