Thompson Celebration Cruise 17th Sept. 2012

Hi. Please let us know if you are on this cruise. Would love to hear what you have done previously and what you are looking forward to on this trip so that we can make friends before we set sail

Hi, myself and DH will be on this cruise for 2 weeks!

We always book for the itinery first and ship second, we like thomsons because of the smaller ship and the thomson crews imo are one of the best!

We have previously sailed on the costa classica, southern med, thomson destiny, canaries and carribean, thomsons dream, western med and golden princess,hawaii!

we off course are looking forward to Des O'Connor:o:rolleyes:

We are on this cruise as well. We are staying in Olu Deniz the week before. We fly out from Gatwick. We have only been on Thomson cruises, the Destiny once, the Dream 3 times and this will be our 3rd time on the Celebration. Not sure that Des O'Connor is our cup of tea but we will watch his show.

We always book for the itinery first and ship second, we like thomsons because of the smaller ship and the thomson crews imo are one of the best!

We have previously sailed on the costa classica, southern med, thomson destiny, canaries and carribean, thomsons dream, western med and golden princess,hawaii!

Amazing that you knew he was on the ship> Donna has just found the details as published by Thompsons. I saw him driving his mini through Manchester in the 60's after I had been to a pantomime to see him. I think he played buttons. Doubt he will still have the same car :cool:

We are on this cruise as well. We are staying in Olu Deniz the week before. We fly out from Gatwick. We have only been on Thomson cruises, the Destiny once, the Dream 3 times and this will be our 3rd time on the Celebration. Not sure that Des O'Connor is our cup of tea but we will watch his show.

I do hope that we get the chance to meet you on the cruise and to hear about your experiences. We were planning our trips etc last night and then we were trying to work out what to do on the return day in Marmaris, do you know what time we disembark on our return to Marmaris?

Thanks for the info. Perhaps we will be sat at the next table listening to Des:)

I read yesterday that The Celebration is going for a refit in 2013.

I do hope that we get the chance to meet you on the cruise and to hear about your experiences. We were planning our trips etc last night and then we were trying to work out what to do on the return day in Marmaris, do you know what time we disembark on our return to Marmaris?

Are you cruising for 1 week or 2? ship usually docks early in the morning, If your staying on board Marmaris is a real mix of old and new, easy to get around, lots of genuine fake shops! Of course when in turkey a turkish bath is a must, but dont go if you are sunburnt! The masseures are gentle with the women but men...lol!

BTW Im Lorraine and DH is Gerald

Are you cruising for 1 week or 2? ship usually docks early in the morning, If your staying on board Marmaris is a real mix of old and new, easy to get around, lots of genuine fake shops! Of course when in turkey a turkish bath is a must, but dont go if you are sunburnt! The masseures are gentle with the women but men...lol!

BTW Im Lorraine and DH is Gerald

Hi Lorraine, I am Chris. Donna and I look forward to saying hi to you and Gerald.thanks for the info. We are doing a 1 week cruise. It's our first one so if we like it hopefully there will be any more. We are in Marmaris for a week at the end of May staying in a hotel we have been to some 7 years ago. It was a fluke that the cruise we chose starts there. We plan to walk to the harbour when the Celebration is in Marmaris on the 28th May. We are looking forewarn to the Cruise.

Hi we are Lorraine & Gerald, Hopefully you can give us some info on the ship! You obviously like her, have you been to Turkey before?:)

Yes we have. We went to Turkey for the first time last year and stayed in Hisaronu for a week, then we went on the celebration and did the other half of the cruise that we will be doing this year. The Celebration is a lovely friendly ship, which is why we like it. We always have breakfast and lunch in the buffet restaurant but like waiter service for dinner. We like the open sitting arrangement as it means we can eat when we are hungry and not because the clock says it is time to eat. We have also done Red Sea Magic a couple of years ago, again on the Celebration.

We are really looking forward to going back to Turkey again as we enjoyed it so much last year.

We are Malc and Brenda and hail from the Garden of England - or swamp of England at the mo!!!

Archived