Segway Tour in San Juan

Vols Fan

My understanding is that there is some exploring time. Hopefully someone who has been on the tour can chime in.

Thanks. I did a little more searching and found that there is a break once we get to the fort allowing some time to explore. Will appreciate anyone's thoughts on whether they thought it was enough time to explore.

There isn't a great deal of time in the fort but I didn't feel shortchanged at all. You park the segway outside and then the guide walked us through and gave a bit of history. It was enough for a basic idea and more history than I would have picked up going myself. I don't think it was more than 20 minutes or so.

One nice thing with the free bus system in Old San Juan you could always make another trip if more time is needed if you are there more than a few hours. I find myself planning a night before so I have the whole day to explore.

Old San Juan is lovely; I still need to make it to the other fort next trip.

There isn't a great deal of time in the fort but I didn't feel shortchanged at all. You park the segway outside and then the guide walked us through and gave a bit of history. It was enough for a basic idea and more history than I would have picked up going myself. I don't think it was more than 20 minutes or so.

One nice thing with the free bus system in Old San Juan you could always make another trip if more time is needed if you are there more than a few hours. I find myself planning a night before so I have the whole day to explore.

Old San Juan is lovely; I still need to make it to the other fort next trip.

Thank you so much for the detailed report on the Segway tour--just what I was looking for. We don't get in to San Juan until 1pm--so we only have about 4 hrs before the forts close. I'll have to plan our touring carefully.

Archived