Asia Question

cbb

Specifically I want to ask about Pearls of the Far East. In '13 Nautica will sail from Beijing on March 10 and arrive in Bangkok April 4. Won't we be facing very hot weather and monsoon season in early April in Bangkok?

Perhaps we should wait until we can do the itinerary that Nautica used to do which was leave Bangkok in late Feb and arrive in Beijing in late March. I realize China and Seoul will be cold in March. (I can wear enough clothes to avoid freezing but might get arrested for attempting to stay cool!!!)

Thanks!!

We did an Asian b2b cruise 2 years ago on Nautica which started in BKK on 1 March. We were in BKK for 4 days prior to boarding. It was HOT HOT HUMID HUMID, in the 90's every day, but we had no rain during the day.

Shanghai, Tianjin, and Korea were COLD! In Japan we were comfortable with raincoats or down sweaters. Hong Kong, where our 2nd cruise ended in mid-April, was foggy and rainy but not bad temp wise.

BKK is always hot and humid. The difference is the amount of rainfall. These days, who can predict much of anything!

ps/The Shangri-la Hotel in BKK is heaven on earth!!!

Thanks for the info Vaitape. I have discovered what might be an answer which is b2b Singapore-HK, HK-Beijing with the 1st part starting Feb 4 putting us in Bangkok in early Feb which would be great. We'd still be in China in early March but I'd deal with it. Thanks for the info. I'm saving it!

Archived