MDR long table seating

cyntil8ing

So, I read in the Crazy tablemates thread that it was weird that couples would choose to sit across from one another at long rectangular tables. Is this your experience? How do you prefer to sit in relation to your spouse?

My husband and I always head for opposite sides of the table. I'd rather look at him than a stranger!

Gosh, I guess I'm way overthinking this, but I was rather surprised to see the comment more than once.

So, I read in the Crazy tablemates thread that it was weird that couples would choose to sit across from one another at long rectangular tables. Is this your experience? How do you prefer to sit in relation to your spouse?

My husband and I always head for opposite sides of the table. I'd rather look at him than a stranger!

Gosh, I guess I'm way overthinking this, but I was rather surprised to see the comment more than once.

I prefer to be seated next to each other and not across from each other...although we prefer a table for 2 if it is just us...

I would rather sit beside my spouse at a table full of strangers. If just the 2 of us, across.

Ditto. We had a big table once and the first couple that got there did the across from each other thing... and then I think they realized it was a bit awkward and didn't do it again :)

When you sign up for the Chef's Table, they sit spouses across from each other. I thought it was kind of nice. That's what we normally do anyway.

Archived